Far Cry 6

Ichigo Uzumaki

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing this for a while now and as usual, going through each Island one step at a time. It's pretty much the same Far Cry we had before just with a different setting and some slightly new mechanics. It's good to finally have a protagonist who actually speaks and contributes to the overall narrative. Playing this in 60 frames and looking so dam good gives me great joy on this current generation of consoles. Also Dani singing to the radio tunes while driving was a very nice touch. This came out of nowhere and really adds to the travel immersion. Overall, having a lot of fun with this game. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Completed main story and most of side quests. It got pretty repetitive at the end and i couldn't go for 100%. I just uninstalled it lol.

Game alright overall. Typical Ubisoft open world 

Edited by WhiteWolf

On 3/25/2022 at 2:35 PM, Soultrader92 said:

Far Cry 6 Free weekend from 24th to 27th, full game available including DLC, Progress to carry over in your save file. Enough time to finish the whole game

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-6/free-weekend

Downloaded from uplay for the weekend thanks to this offer. 

The game is so pretty, just gives you the same vibes as the first facrcry game when Dani wakes up in that Island.  I've maxed out everything at 1440p and it still runs at a stable 60fps.  Most of the times, i just watch the beautiful scenery forgetting about the quests at hand.  Now the boring part, the quests are more or less the same, liberate outposts, collect parts to upgrade, meet some dude at some place and so on.  I can already see it becoming another facrcry 5 in a few hours. I think I'll play as long as the offer lasts and leave it at that.  

Edited by Ne0

18 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Downloaded from uplay for the weekend thanks to this offer. 

The game is so pretty, just gives you the same vibes as the first facrcry game when Dani wakes up in that Island.  I've maxed out everything at 1440p and it still runs at a stable 60fps.  Most of the times, i just watch the beautiful scenery forgetting about the quests at hand.  Now the boring part, the quests are more or less the same, liberate outposts, collect parts to upgrade, meet some dude at some place and so on.  I can already see it becoming another facrcry 5 in a few hours. I think I'll play as long as the offer lasts and leave it at that.  

I found it really boring couldn't bother to go beyond the first couple of hours. I had just finished far cry 5 recently, so this was basically just replaying the same game. They literally changed nothing at all. Far cry 5 was also boring af. Also I don't know if its just me, but I actually found the graphics to be really average on ps5. 

I think for the near future I'll hold off picking up a new ubisoft game even for free. Not even worth the time investment. They're all the same and boring, much better stuff available elsewhere. For example I played subnautica a few months back and it has been one of my best gaming experiences ever. 

14 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Nice that they're giving free weekend. Will play it tomorrow. Unfortunately this weekend was one of my busiest. 

If you have played far cry 5 you didn't miss anything at all. It's basically the same game. 

14 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Damn I missed this then. Absolutely no time tomorrow :doh: :wallbash:

Yeah I had posted on 3 different threads, but many didn't notice I guess. Trust me you didn't miss much man. 

Playing with the animal companions is fun, but other than that it's a typical boring ubisoft open world. The kind that gives open world a bad name. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

I found it really boring couldn't bother to go beyond the first couple of hours. I had just finished far cry 5 recently, so this was basically just replaying the same game. They literally changed nothing at all. Far cry 5 was also boring af. Also I don't know if its just me, but I actually found the graphics to be really average on ps5. 

I think for the near future I'll hold off picking up a new ubisoft game even for free. Not even worth the time investment. They're all the same and boring, much better stuff available elsewhere. For example I played subnautica a few months back and it has been one of my best gaming experiences ever. 

It's boring alright, some of the initial quests seems quite similar to farcry 5. The supremo seems like a fun game play mechanism, but i think it'll become another grinding loop, since parts needs to be collected for upgrades.

I don't understand why ubi is stuck with this same style of gameplay since farcry 3.  

Edited by Ne0

4 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

It's boring alright, some of the initial quests seems quite similar to farcry 5. The supremo seems like a fun game play mechanism, but i think it'll become another grinding loop, since parts needs to be collected for upgrades.

I don't understand why ubi is stuck with this same style of gameplay since farcry 3.  

Played enough to finish the first island. I enjoyed it. Its the same old Far Cry stuff again, but I think it works better with the tropical island. This is a good game for people looking for a familiar Ubi collect-a-thon game or for people looking to play a Far Cry game for the first time.  

I might get it later when its on 75% sale and I don't have as big as a backlog I do now. 

Edited by dylanjosh

5 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

If you have played far cry 5 you didn't miss anything at all. It's basically the same game. 

Ive only played fc3 and blood dragon to completion. FC5 i played it on a free weekend and didn't like it. 

Edited by dylanjosh