Far Cry 6

Ichigo Uzumaki

17 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

FarCry 6 didn't win any Game of the Year awards :rofl:

GOTY editions are a farce nowadays :lol: normally they would have got at least a single GOTY from a minor media outlet but FC6 didn't even manage that :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Completed fc6, loved the gameplay, u can tailor the way u want to complete the task at hand, gfx were good (ps5), audio was also good, overall, enjoyable, but u can't keep playing it, i mean, post main story, there are so many activities to do, but u just don't get that knack to complete them. 

5 minutes ago, Pushy said:

Completed fc6, loved the gameplay, u can tailor the way u want to complete the task at hand, gfx were good (ps5), audio was also good, overall, enjoyable, but u can't keep playing it, i mean, post main story, there are so many activities to do, but u just don't get that knack to complete them. 

i did not get the knack to even go on the 3 mission, world felt empty , dialouges were cringe. :(

Just now, rushab oswal said:

i did not get the knack to even go on the 3 mission, world felt empty , dialouges were cringe. :(

This was just a time-pass game for me. Nothing horrible nothing great! Had a lot of fun with Oluwo though!

Graphics should have been better for ps5 :fear:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rushab oswal said:

Sheet 🥶

It gets going down the road, and u have to get that airsuit asap, once u get that, just airdrop yo'a*s left right anywhere everywhere n stick to main story and the yara stories, loved spamming the Supremo (rocket one) 

3 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

This was just a time-pass game for me. Nothing horrible nothing great! Had a lot of fun with Oluwo though!

Graphics should have been better for ps5 :fear:

Didn't use any amigo throughout my story time, unless where game forces u too, overall its a good game to play if u don't have anything else to tinker with.

Ppl who have played Far Cry 3,4 & even more so 5,all before this game will obviously feel bored & uninterested.

Ubi Stretched the successful formula way way too long specially if you consider the spin offs aswell between each numbered entry.

Ubi is the biggest milking machine in the industry right now.

I hope they have some better plans for Avatar then just make a new skin for another Far Cry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I've read the rocket one is the only good supremo. All others are bakwas. Is that true?

Pretty much except probably volta but game doesn't give much opportunity to use it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I've read the rocket one is the only good supremo. All others are bakwas. Is that true?

Didn't even try others, except for that fire one, which emits a ring of fire erriwhurr, but it burns u too :rofl: rest, nada

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoying this a lot, though I've barely finished the first big province/state. 

Playing along completing some missions, cut scene starts, pitch black and 'Stranger Things' ish logo and theme appears, surprisingly good crossover mission.

• 2 months later...

Ok, so completed this game yesterday.  I think it took me some 50 - 60 hours to complete the main story with some side activities / side quests etc.  I installed it as part of PS+ Extra, and honestly speaking, I was expecting a complete snoozefest of a game and thought I would be uninstalling it in a couple of days.  But the game took me by surprise, and I went on to complete it.  There were still some side activities / treasure hunts / side quests etc., which I didn't complete (there's even a new game+ mode after completing the main story)

While the game retains much of its gameplay from its predecessor, it does change things up a bit with the main story narration.  There are proper cut scenes with some really good voice acting and performances.  The main villain Castillo is one of the best in the series (perhaps one of the best in all of FPS styled games), and the story has some decent twists to keep it interesting (as long as you remember its a FPS video game, not some movie).  The protagonist Dani is also very well written, and is a welcome departure to see your character talk and emote in cut scenes instead of just watching everything in FP.  The Yaran stories (equivalent to side quests) are much better too with some interesting characters and some decent (sometimes hilarious) sub-plots.  Even the treasure hunts are very well done , requiring some decent puzzle solving.

Graphics is some of the best I've seen in this PS5 gen.  The fictional island of Yara looks so damn beautiful with pristine blue beaches, thick lush jungles and small towns (although the towns are devoid of much NPC's - the game gives some explanation of curfew or something like that).  The map is freakishly large and the game offers a multitude of vehicles from boats to bikes to cars and horses to travel by road, helis, wingsuits and parachutes to fly and even ample safe houses and liberated checkpoints & outposts to fast travel. It even allows you to airdrop at a liberated checkpoint / outpost / safe house and wingsuit to the destination (I really loved this approach).

Gameplay wise, at its core, the game doesn't deviate much from the predecessor - farcry 5.  The similar gameplay loop continues here - capture & liberate checkpoints, liberate the beautiful country of yara from its evil dictator - Castillo, region by region after defeating the main boss in the region and finally a showdown with the main villain.  But it does it so much better than the prev farcry games.  The gameplay is fantastic despite being repetitive.  Taking over a checkpoint or a outpost without being detected / triggering alarms gives an immense satisfaction / sense of accomplishment.  The game has a lot of varied gears and weapons suiting different play styles and many of them can be modified with attachments.  The resources for crafting these can be purchased or can be acquired by completing various activities / side quests. There are a lot of unique weapons (called yaran weapons or something like that) which are pre-modded weapons (similar to farcry 5), and finding them itself is like a mini side game.  The resolver weapons are a nice addition as well to keep the gameplay interesting (although I ended up using only a couple of them mostly).  The game even allows to have multiple loadouts and the player can switch the load out anytime (even in the middle of a thick battle), while some people might be put off by this (as it defies logic), I loved it, video games are supposed to be fun after all !!

To sum it up, I found it to be a pretty good game.  It may not be the GOTY or anything, but I never got bored as there was always something interesting to do in the game and I had great fun playing it.  Its one of those games, which I could pick up after a long day , play for some 20 mins and switch it off (doesn't require much context or dedicated time etc).  

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 2