Fable

Engineer

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Final Fantasy 14 is classified as an MMORPG, and it has 4 Man Dungeons and 8 Man Raids and Trials. 

Because FFXIV is MMORPG game. Not sure why FFXIV came into discussion.  

WoW/ESO/Guild Wars/FFXIV etc are all actually MMO games. They offer "massive" online experience unlike online/shared shooters like Destiny/Division. There isn't any role playing either nor has multiple worlds/realms/alliances or offers anything massive online. 

Also, FFXIV alliance raids are 24 players. 

28 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Bottom line, if everything is comparable to WoW and FF14 it's an MMO. It might not be an MMORPG (More like MMOFPS), but it's an MMO all the same.

Nobody played actually MMO game compares Destiny/Division as MMO. Even Bungie refuse to claim Destiny as a MMO game because it is not. 

If this is a MMO/shared world or any of those adjectives my hype will die down so damn bad. I just want a good quality singleplayer rpg game not micro transaction filled lootbox fest mmo's

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So it looks it will have season/events like Forza where they will update the game world with content nd all. So you will get your story campaign with seasons nd all.  Its basically to make people keep coming back once they done with story nd all.

Its not typical mmo with 100 players raids n all. MMO games very risky and there's no way MS gonna put money in mmo lol

Who is this no name guy? While it may not be a traditional MMO, many insiders have said that the game is mmo lite or GaaS title. And no "it has a single player" doesn't cut it, even destiny, ghost recon, division etc have a so called single player mode and we all know how that ended up. 

Yes, they plan to support it with something similar to seasons in Forza based on leaks. Story campaign then free live content support with expansions n all. Nothing wrong in it. I don't like one and done games.

I just platinum TLOU 2 but i want to go back in that amazing world and do something more gameplay wise but there's no reason to go back. There's no multiplayer or new content  coming in future. Its one and done game. You play and then forget about it. 

Coming back to Fable. I have full faith in PG. Im not worried about quality.

NT, Obsidian and PG will deliver solid games.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Who is this no name guy? While it may not be a traditional MMO, many insiders have said that the game is mmo lite or GaaS title. And no "it has a single player" doesn't cut it, even destiny, ghost recon, division etc have a so called single player mode and we all know how that ended up. 

Wildlands had solid single player tho, ai squad bros also, and a good selection of Cartel pendejos to gas :fear:

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Yes I too would have preferred if God of War and Spiderman were broken down into drip feed DLCs rather than getting a rock solid sprawling complete experience on day 1. It would be so awesome if we had only 1 sinister six in Spider-Man in the base game and new villains every 6 weeks. 

I would have a reason to boot up the game every 2 months because the story was never completed. 

:rofl:

5 minutes ago, adity said:

Yes I too would have preferred if God of War and Spiderman were broken down into drip feed DLCs rather than getting a rock solid sprawling complete experience on day 1. It would be so awesome if we had only 1 sinister six in Spider-Man in the base game and new villains every 6 weeks. 

I would have a reason to boot up the game every 2 months because the story was never completed. 

You not getting the point. Typical. PG games are not unfinished. Full polished package they deliver and support it for years.

Base game with campaign and side quests then after months new content every month is what i want. 

You dont like it coz Sony dont do that with their games. So you spinning it as negative with your post. Im not asking for unfinished product like Sea of thieves at launch. Im asking full package with future support. 

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Normally devs make one solid game and then go on to make another solid game. Milking a single game for 5 years is a good thing now? 

Support team is different.  Horizon 4 is still supported by main team moved on.  

GTA online is supported but main team already moved on. 

4 minutes ago, adity said:

Normally devs make one solid game and then go on to make another solid game. Milking a single game for 5 years is a good thing now? 

One and Done aka Sony games are not a bad thing. I just wanted to get some post game content in Tlou 2, so that i can go back and experience that amazing gameplay again.  Dont take it or spin it as negative. 

AC Odyssey i played for months as they kept adding new free content and expansions after giving us good 100 hours of base game content. 

Basically they want people to continue their gamepass subscriptions so that people can't cancel after completing the game in 1 month. There is no other reason. All their next gen exclusives are built around gamepass. Basically what Hitman reboot tried to do without any subscription, and everyone waited for full game to release instead of buying early. But the developers grew some braincells and ditched the episodic model for the sequel, and it was a huge success.

If microsoft will keep doing this, they won't last in console business. This will be their last gen.

1 minute ago, adity said:

Hitman is one of the few examples of GaaS done right. You carry forward all your existing content into every new installment. If someone owns Hitman 1 and 2, they'll literally have 2 dozen locations to play around in Hitman 3 with all the gameplay updates of Hitman 3 and things unlocked in previous games. It should be a model for all GaaS games out there. I think Destiny 2 took that approach now as well. 

They didn't benefit at all from episodic release of Hitman 1, except that they were lacking funds and were forced to do it. There is an entire documentary about it.

Supporting all previous games with the sequel is definitely much better than releasing game in bits and pieces. They are on right track since Hitman 2.

15 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

One and Done aka Sony games are not a bad thing. I just wanted to get some post game content in Tlou 2, so that i can go back and experience that amazing gameplay again.  Dont take it or spin it as negative. 

AC Odyssey i played for months as they kept adding new free content and expansions after giving us good 100 hours of base game content. 

Zodka ka naya mantr.

Abhi har thread me yahi japega :lol:

Also wtf Zodka, you love DLC now ? :naughty:

I dunno why people are expecting huge one and done games on subscription. TLoU2 was worked on by 2000 people and 13 studios including outsourcing. If they wanted to give it away on subscription the design would fundamentally change to make it a GaaS game that'll stretch like a chewing gum over months and years. Expecting Fable to be a weekend game is fool's hope. They don't want you to finish it quickly and move on.

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I dunno why people are expecting huge one and done games on subscription. TLoU2 was worked on by 2000 people and 13 studios including outsourcing. If they wanted to give it away on subscription the design would fundamentally change to make it a GaaS game that'll stretch like a chewing gum over months and years. Expecting Fable to be a weekend game is fool's hope. They don't want you to finish it quickly and move on.

No again, please that's not what i meant.  Man what's with twisting my post all the time lol.

I never said i want subscription based game. I want solid full product with good base game and then once you complete everything in base  game then you support through online updates. 

Odyssey is great example of it and even Witcher 3. Remember all the free updates they added followed by expansions?  I want that sh*t.

8 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No again, please that's not what i meant.  Man what's with twisting my post all the time lol.

I never said i want subscription based game. I want solid full product with good base game and then once you complete everything in base  game then you support through online updates. 

Odyssey is great example of it and even Witcher 3. Remember all the free updates they added followed by expansions?  I want that sh*t.

You won't get that sh*t based on how Microsoft is planning for gamepass.

16 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking abt people who want TLoU2 like games on gamepass. Also you can finish Odyssey and Witcher 3 in a week or maximum a month which is how long a minimum subscription length is. And Odyssey free events were crap that you could finish in few hours, the real meat was in paid DLC.

They added story side quests as well 2 to 3 every month like Witcher3 added for free. But ya Most updates were gameplay focused. Heavy story focused content is expensive to make and i doubt anyone will release it for free.

Tlou 2 world is big enough for some side stories for paid expansions where you play different characters. I will instantly buy any DLC for Tlou dayone