Phantasy Star Online 2 : New Genesis

Shadoken

EdoEfLqWkAES7uw?format=jpg&name=medium

Developer: SEGA

Publisher: SEGA

Release Date: 2021

Genre: F2P Action RPG/MMO

Platforms:  PC, Xbox One/Series X (NA) , PS4/5(JP),Switch(JP)

Reveal Trailer:  

" Celebrating PSO’s 20th anniversary, PSO2: NGS is the latest entry in the series, updating PSO2’s game system and graphics engine. We’re planning to release this update on a global scale, including Japan and North America. "

Gameplay: 

25oKHxa.gif

eOuUmy8.gif

Edited by Shadoken

6 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

lol with nextgen all old IVGers are returning :cheers:

We have a community for this game ? Sign me up.

But i can't find the game on xbox one is it not there for indian xbl members ? any way i can play on ps4 indian account?

4 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

We have a community for this game ? Sign me up.

But i can't find the game on xbox one is it not there for indian xbl members ? any way i can play on ps4 indian account?

You need to make a NA Xbox id. I think once you download it , you can play on your regular Indian Xbox ID.

I don't see why it would. You are just downloading the game from a different store. Much like how you usually download some Exclusive Japan store demos but then you can play it on any ID.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadoken said:

I don't see why it would. You are just downloading the game from a different store. Much like how you usually download some Exclusive Japan store demos but then you can play it on any ID.

Which region will i be able to play with, will i be limited to NA or can i play with asians, i ask this since ping/latency might pose some issues in a smooth gaming experience

13 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Which region will i be able to play with, will i be limited to NA or can i play with asians, i ask this since ping/latency might pose some issues in a smooth gaming experience

You will only be able to play on NA servers. If you want to play on JP server you would have to get the PS4 version , but that is entirely in Japanese.

A lot of people i know who are playing in India dont really face lag tho. The game runs its combat on the client side. So you might see other players lagging , but your own experience shouldn't be affected.

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

Thanks shado, can xbox one IVG players for PSO2 post a reply, so I'll know if i can play with someone, going solo would it be fun ?

The game by itself is quite fun. Its like a Multiplayer DMC game. The community is also very friendly , so there are a lot of active discords and clans to join. 

The only issue i'd say is that , since the game is 8 years old. It has 8 years worth of content crammed into one release. So the systems and mechanics can be very complex. I'd reccomend following some Streamers or Youtubers like Anamana to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbGV8-jKrfwG5Y9hPoZsJNw

2 minutes ago, Shadoken said:

image0.jpg

1 and 2 i get, please explain what is AC and SG, also if weapons are carried over will they revert to L1 i guess it seems like that and if the game has rarity tiers will they lose a tier ?

Also if no progression is carried over is there any point starting now, when is it releasing ?

2 minutes ago, Shadoken said:

The game by itself is quite fun. Its like a Multiplayer DMC game. The community is also very friendly , so there are a lot of active discords and clans to join. 

The only issue i'd say is that , since the game is 8 years old. It has 8 years worth of content crammed into one release. So the systems and mechanics can be very complex. I'd reccomend following some Streamers or Youtubers like Anamana to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbGV8-jKrfwG5Y9hPoZsJNw

Bookmarked thanks

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

1 and 2 i get, please explain what is AC and SG, also if weapons are carried over will they revert to L1 i guess it seems like that and if the game has rarity tiers will they lose a tier ?

Also if no progression is carried over is there any point starting now, when is it releasing ?

1. If your character reaches max cap of lvl 100. Then they will still be lvl 100 in PSO2. But PSO2 : NG you will be Lvl 1. 

2. Meseta and FUN is currency you earn in the game. You can use this to buy items other people sell on the market. But prices will keep changing based on the in-game economy and player trade. Because PSO2: NGS is a new game , they don't want currency from the previous game affecting the economy.

3. AC and SG is currency you buy by paying Real money. Its usually for buying some stuff that Sega directly put like buying more inventory space,buying a bigger room and cosmetic lootboxes. They never sell stuff that affects gameplay though like weapons or armor.

4. Weapons/Armor..etc will transfer. but their stats will be different. So if you have some super rare weapon you might not be able to use it till you reach a high enough level. But chances are the weapon will still be very good and we don't know if it ll even be obtainable in NGS. There are hundreds of weapons and armors so its cool to see all of them being brought over.

Main reason to play current game is that Rare Weapons are still going to be good in the new game. They may or may not be the best though. Another HUGE reason is cosmetics , this game literally has like millions of cosmetics from various crossovers with different Animes and even other games like FF14 and Monster Hunter. All those cosmetic items will transfer over. 

I think they are doing the compatibility thing so that people who spent years on the current game don't get screwed over.

That said the current game is still a very fun game and arguably has the best combat out of any Online game ( Maybe tied with MHW ). And its free so you don't really lose anything by trying it out. Might take a little while to get a good understanding of the game flow.

Edited by Shadoken
  • Like 1

PSO2 finally coming on Steam on Aug 5th. Xbox/MS Store users will be able to link their Steam Accounts.

New Genesis update will also be coming in 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1056640/Phantasy_Star_Online_2/

Half Life and L4D Collab rewards.

EeB0OcVXsAAYRFm?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pso2.com/news/announcements/steamlaunchrewards

• 10 months later...

Releasing tomorrow anyone gonna play this on Xbox ?

Wanted to know that i just have to make a US xbox account and download phantasy star online 2 new genesis right ? I don't have to buy xbox live membership for the us account ?

My main is an Indian account

Edited by NitroNeo