IVG/GI Nostalgia Thread

AtheK

On 7/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, HundredProofSam said:

I was the founder of the Friendly Fire 101 clan. It was a clan for people who sucked at KZ2. I actually denied entry to guys like @rAgHaV who were good. :rofl:

Still somehow the clan eventually became really good :huh:

So many memories with KZ2.

1. You reject me for FF101/ MT rejects me for GIKZ -_-

2. I form DKK with @Rashmeet as the first member. 

3. I preorder Steelbook on IVG

4. You say there would be 1 day delay for Steelbook orders

5. I make a f**king thread on TP for my Steelbook IVG order which is yet to arrive :rofl:

6. I manage to piss you off then had to apologize to save face :fear1:

7. We play KZ2 religiously for like 18 months to 2yrs (Daily 4-6hrs) There was even a pakistani gaming forum invasion in between. Ultimately  many ppl stopped playing so all clans merged under IVG United and went on to play epic clan matches against international clans. All under Dan's leadership :hug:

• Like 1

Also Obaid Bhai is the most genuine person I had come across on this forum. So many wonderful memories with him, I remember that the rest of the KZ2 gang would join 10PM onwards but Obaid Bhai and I used to begin our sessions from 8 or 9PM itself :P He was doing that charity thing for the other person probably. Obaid Bhai always feels a lot for others so probably took charge of everything. 

I remember once I was hospitalized ages back and had only told Rashmeet or some other member, next day Obaid Bhai calls me to ask how I am and everything :samui: I had a 2 month bedrest so he was like bas abh KZ khel and all :cry:

• Like 1

I think the scorpio guy did the god of war pre order fiasco and it was his mother for whose cancer the money was raised by the group..

Also some of the most epic game.threads was the activity in the mass effect 2 and gta4 thread before launch and a few days after launch. Good times.

@Bird Bird Bird used to hog the wybtw thread with blus and graphic novels.

4 minutes ago, Madmage said:

I think the scorpio guy did the god of war pre order fiasco and it was his mother for whose cancer the money was raised by the group..

Also some of the most epic game.threads was the activity in the mass effect 2 and gta4 thread before launch and a few days after launch. Good times.

@Bird Bird Bird used to hog the wybtw thread with blus and graphic novels.

Alas, the days are gone. :sleep:

the amount of hype & later the backlash gta 4 got in this forum was unbelievable :lol:

also, does anyone remember the hate reviewers got for some of the popular games ? I think Afty was thrashed online for giving low score to RAGE and nash got trolled for supporting the rebooted DMC :lol:

26 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I got a fair bit for my God of War Ascension review too. I think most of it from [mention]hope [/mention]

Bloody Biased review :P

24 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

f**k that game and the pre-order. GTS sent an S sized chaddi as pre-order bonus. IIRC Rishi posted it in an article too. :roflroll:

Oh man tell me about it, now that i think of it, i should probably find it and maybe it will fit my son.

Edited by AtheK

7 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

TIL Zodka's real name ? 

Or is it ? :scratchchin:

I remember someone posted Zodka's pic in orkut or FB. There was a big hungama abt that. And Zeehunter is not Zodka afaik

40 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

Ooh. That was a really cool initiative. We should bring that back, if there are takers.

I think it would work even better now. Since the number of AAA games being released is less and the cost of games is a lot more :P

3 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

I got a fair bit for my God of War Ascension review too. I think most of it from [mention]hope [/mention]

How can you review a game with both SP n MP and give score for only SP? 

And a 7? How? Ascension had pretty varied combat and good boss fights. Nothing gow3 standards but not too far either. An 8 would have been apt.

3 hours ago, AtheK said:

Yeh lo, still a bit bigger for my 6.5 yr old, maybe next year.

04a171f8cfffd61c23a13b722f6ccd3e.jpg

Sent from my HD1911 using Tapatalk

I got the same. So tight it was lol :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HundredProofSam said:

Ooh. That was a really cool initiative. We should bring that back, if there are takers.

I'd be up for it.

• Like 1

I remember registering on 360 indians during college but then not using it much.

Enter 2012, bought a xbox360, thrived on new games for good 6-7 months before realizing used games are just as good and joined IVG.

Bought a lot of games, made friends in the process.

Lent games to @Captain Galba on the condition he pays both side shipping

Observed @waveking's purchases and ended up getting a PS3 after seeing him drift towards playstation

Cant forget, all the great deals @otaku.u and @Monokuma have provided thus far; and checking out PS3 and PS4 for the first time at @Monokuma's place, not to mention the sweet PS3 deal he offered me.

Getting my first ogXbox from @rahul vyas and then discussing about og xbox and retro games at length.

trolling @prabs over Red dead revolver sale.

Getting some good deals from @godspeed4476 during the 360 era

Checking out all the cool stuff in "What you bought this week"

Ordering first games from PlayAsia with @bneck

Needless to say have met a lot of other good people over IVG whom I keep disturbing on whatsapp

@PreethamJD @blitzkreiig @popeye

@GunnerY2J 

Getting roped into Collectors edition after checking out @DiehardD3solent's collection

31 minutes ago, NightTroller said:

I remember registering on 360 indians during college but then not using it much.

Enter 2012, bought a xbox360, thrived on new games for good 6-7 months before realizing used games are just as good and joined IVG.

Bought a lot of games, made friends in the process.

Lent games to @Captain Galba on the condition he pays both side shipping

Observed @waveking's purchases and ended up getting a PS3 after seeing him drift towards playstation

Cant forget, all the great deals @otaku.u and @Monokuma have provided thus far; and checking out PS3 and PS4 for the first time at @Monokuma's place, not to mention the sweet PS3 deal he offered me.

Getting my first ogXbox from @rahul vyas and then discussing about og xbox and retro games at length.

trolling @prabs over Red dead revolver sale.

Getting some good deals from @godspeed4476 during the 360 era

Checking out all the cool stuff in "What you bought this week"

Ordering first games from PlayAsia with @bneck

Needless to say have met a lot of other good people over IVG whom I keep disturbing on whatsapp

@PreethamJD @blitzkreiig @popeye

@GunnerY2J 

Getting roped into Collectors edition after checking out @DiehardD3solent's collection

Waveking drifting towards Playstation? Which world was that? 

8 hours ago, Ne0 said:

the amount of hype & later the backlash gta 4 got in this forum was unbelievable :lol:

also, does anyone remember the hate reviewers got for some of the popular games ? I think Afty was thrashed online for giving low score to RAGE and nash got trolled for supporting the rebooted DMC :lol:

• Like 1