Joe Cool

E3 2019 - General Discussion and News

21 hours ago, YoungGrumpyMan said:

But do we know what kind of game Darksiders: Genesis? I mean, do you guys think it's a full-on sequel from the same genre as the game before? Idk, maybe it's something different and that's why it'd come so soon after 3.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Might be a mobile game for all we know.

The only way to make money on mobile is to make the game online/pvp only, or so the developers believe. 

I hope this doesn't creep in the console/PC segments and developers do spend time and energies on good story based games. 

I have another observation to make here. I see many American (Western developers) wanting to make money going the pvp route. However the Japanese devs are still making beautiful story driven ips. Either new ones or completely remaking the old titles. I reckon others should take cues from this. Even if they make good remasters of old titles , people would buy them and they will still make money. They have to realise that loot boxes and microtransactions are not the only means of making money in games..

Edited by radicaldude

The rumored From Software collaboration project

“GR” (Gematsu has been asked to only share the acronym) and in development for the past three years—is an open-world title (with horse riding) and collaboration between Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R.R. Martin published by Bandai Namco, which will be officially announced at Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference. While we have not been able to verify this information through additional sources, we have decided to share what we have heard in light of R.R. Martin’s blog post.

"As we speak, we provide, as I said, the immersive business and experience is something we would like to continue to place importance on. If you look at the game industry as a whole, the console market is not a major market, rather it’s a niche market if you will. But for core gamers, immersive experiences are something we would like to value. In this respect, for the time being, the console as something that brings about computing functionality to the users is very important, but on the other hand, technology will progress and so as I said today, the Remote Play and PlayStation Now, the streaming services will be worked on in parallel, that is what we are doing at this moment.”

Hmm, wonder how he landed on this conclusion all of a sudden.

From the reports I've read so far, console gaming is only expect to grow from here onwards.

4 minutes ago, KickAssGamer said:

"As we speak, we provide, as I said, the immersive business and experience is something we would like to continue to place importance on. If you look at the game industry as a whole, the console market is not a major market, rather it’s a niche market if you will. But for core gamers, immersive experiences are something we would like to value. In this respect, for the time being, the console as something that brings about computing functionality to the users is very important, but on the other hand, technology will progress and so as I said today, the Remote Play and PlayStation Now, the streaming services will be worked on in parallel, that is what we are doing at this moment.”

From the reports I've read so far, console gaming is only expect to grow from here onwards.

Their logic is that if streaming becomes famous then market will be much much bigger. 

By the end of the quarter, THQ Nordic, Deep Silver and Coffee Stain had 80 games in development, of which 48 titles are currently unannounced. In total, the Group had 1,667 game developers by the end of the quarter (860 internal and 807 external).

NQxr2h5.png

Dead Island 2 still there. Hopefully this E3 we will get the release date...after 5 years. 

1 hour ago, KickAssGamer said:

His logic is absolutely correct though. First up, if we take the entire gaming industry as a whole, console gaming is niche (PC Hardcore gaming as well). What would be considered main-stream (From investors' point of view) is mobile gaming and facebook gaming. Console gaming is predicted to grow - true. But it will never go to the level of FB Gaming/Google Gaming/Mobile Gaming, because that has almost the entire population of the World which has access to the Internet.

Remember, Yoshida is talking at Investor's Day to Investors/Shareholders. Many of these people will have no knowledge or interest in gaming (except what it contributes towards rising share values). To these people Criminal Case, Farmville and Candy Crush is as much a game as God of War or Spiderman. And they will see that Candy Crush has 500 million players on an off day while the entire console userbase (PS4+X1+Switch) is only somewhere around 150 million

And he also said they are working on Streaming tech which he sees might grow in future (But that's not certain yet) to give these shareholders more confidence that their share values will rise more.

Edited by roun90