Desktop Speakers

North

So I bought a new monitor recently. Connected my desktop speakers to the monitor via 3.5mm standard audio jack. Before this, I was using my laptop, and my laptop speakers are pretty good so didnt use desktop speakers for a year or so.

Anyway I find that the speaker on the right is quite a bit louder than the speaker on the left. The subwoofer is pumping bass fine enough though.

Any easy software fix? As such not a big issue, I can manage even if right side has more volume than left.

Mainly use for online classes, music and youtube videos. Use headphones when gaming.

Thank you :) 

Any help/tips will be much appreciated. 

Speakers- Creative 2.1 Wired Desktop Speakers 

Edited by Chirag2001

First I'd check if its just the monitor socket that's faulty. Connect to the laptop and see if its the same. It could also be the inline volume wheel on the wire that a lot of creative speakers have. Try moving that and see if the distribution changes. 

If not then it's the speakers themselves. Right click on the volume icon on the laptop, select Open Volume mixer, select the output device, Go to the levels tab, hit balance under main volume and move the slider to compensate for the difference.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Walker said:

First I'd check if its just the monitor socket that's faulty. Connect to the laptop and see if its the same. It could also be the inline volume wheel on the wire that a lot of creative speakers have. Try moving that and see if the distribution changes. 

If not then it's the speakers themselves. Right click on the volume icon on the laptop, select Open Volume mixer, select the output device, Go to the levels tab, hit balance under main volume and move the slider to compensate for the difference.

You're a real legend man.

This is the second time in one week you've troubleshooted one of my problems with the new setup hehe

Anyway the issue wasn't with the monitor. I plugged in my headphones into the monitor, distribution equal.

There is a volume dial on one of the speakers itself, rotating that only adjusted the volume, no change in distribution. 

Went into the settings like you said, it was all balanced. 50-50. Tweaked it a bit for a couple of minutes, playing a song to check. 

Something clicked and they're equal now!

And its numerically balanced too. Reverted it to 50-50, works perfect.

Thank you @Walker :hi2:

• Like 1