Microsoft Flight Simulator

STICK3Rboy

X2QwbiM.jpg

Developer: Asobo Studio

Publisher: Xbox Game Studios

Platforms: PC, Xbox One

Release Date: August 18, 2020 (PC), TBA (Xbox)

Genre: Flight Sim

Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

• Vivid and Detailed Landscapes – Immerse yourself in the vast and beautiful world that is our planet with more than 37 thousand airports, 1.5 billion buildings, 2 trillion trees, mountains, roads, rivers and more.
  • A Living World – Earth is vibrant and ever-changing and so is the world of Microsoft Flight Simulator which includes live traffic, real-time weather and animals.  
  • Highly Detailed Aircraft – Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with comprehensive flight models. Every aircraft includes highly detailed and accurate cockpits with realistic instrumentation.
  • New Checklist System – From pro to beginner, scale your level from full manual to full assist with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklist.
  • Dynamic Weather – The new weather engine enables users to switch on the live weather mode to experience real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain and more.
  • New Day & Night Engine – Experience flight at any time of day or year allowing for night VFR, visual flight rules, navigation.
  • Aerodynamic Modeling – A state-of-the-art physics engine with over 1,000 control surfaces per plane allows for a truly realistic experience.

Microsoft Flight Simulator minimum requirements:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1200/Intel i5-4460

GPU: Radeon RX 570/NVIDIA GTX 770

VRAM: 2GB

RAM: 8GB

HDD: 150 GB

Bandwidth: 5 Mbps

Microsoft Flight Simulator recommended requirements:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1500K/Intel i5-8400

GPU: Radeon RX 590/NVIDIA GTX 970

VRAM: 4GB

RAM: 16GB

HDD: 150GB

Bandwidth: 20 Mbps

Microsoft Flight Simulator ideal requirements:

CPU: Ryzen 7 Pro 2700X/Intel i7-5800X

GPU: Radeon VII/NVIDIA RTX 2080

VRAM: 8GB

RAM: 32GB

HDD: 150 GB SSD

Bandwidth: 50 Mbps

jj4GPl3.gif

Apparently uses azure cloud to stream game data because it would otherwise take up multiple TB's on your hard drive.

I've never played any games in this series before, but I think I'll give this a whirl just for the graphics (that is if my PC can manage a decent performance). Looks like a really chill game.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

I have a flight stick from 2001 that came with Combat Flight Simulator for Win Me. It had legit next-gen features like Universal Serial Bus connector that didn't require PC restart every time you connect and disconnect it. And drivers that came on CD instead of floppy disks. I hope it works in 2020 for this game :lol: 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Holy Cow!!!! This game is pretty as hell :surprise:

So this where all that Microsoft money went...

Ironic they have proper paisa and a competent studio for a very niche and high shelf life game like this.

But not for Halol :rofl:

Its contracted out to Asobo, people who made Plague Tale. That's why it looks so good. I'm sure the Frenchies will also ultimately drop the base Xbone version. I dunno how this will run on Jaguar cores but I'd love to see it lol.

6 minutes ago, eddy4823 said:

As a person who's into Plane Crash Investigations and Re enactments of them, I'm interested as hell. Aviation is fascinating and will definitely buy this. 

damn I used to watch Air Crash Investigation a lot. It is one of my fav tv shows of Nat Geo. now it doesn’t come on Nat Geo anymore. Any idea where I can their episodes genuinely?

I was very much into the Flight Sim till few years back. I even got the Logitech X52 Hotas and Flight Yoke system to take the experience to the next level. However, the older version (FSX) was a chore to install and manage. Being an old sim, there were a lot of bugs and crashes. Most of the important features, such as planes, scenery and tool kits were offered by 3P companies and they were quote expensive if you take into the USD conversion rates. I invested into this hobby for 2 years and learned to fly B777 and B747. Then I got married and forgot about it. I think, now is the time to clean the dust of my hotas and yoke.

This new one looks amazing in terms of graphics. Moreover, some of the 3P party features such as Weather engine and AI Traffic are inbuilt. However, there will be a 3P marketplace where you could purchase additional aircraft, scenery and flight planner. I will be waiting for PMDG to deliver their B777 and B747 to the marketplace. It would be amazing as their aircrafts are very realistic in terms of performance and attention to detail.

5 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

damn I used to watch Air Crash Investigation a lot. It is one of my fav tv shows of Nat Geo. now it doesn’t come on Nat Geo anymore. Any idea where I can their episodes genuinely?

Not investigation but if you like plane videos and related topics, check out Wendover Productions on Youtube. One of my favorite channel. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

As a person who's into Plane Crash Investigations and Re enactments of them, I'm interested as hell. Aviation is fascinating and will definitely buy this. 

Buy? Whats that? 

Bro when it comes to MS games thing called "BUY doesn't exist.  Only Game Pass exist. 

GP this sh*t dayone and save money :D

13 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Holy Cow!!!! This game is pretty as hell :surprise:

So this where all that Microsoft money went...

Ninja Theory using MS Flight simulator tech for Hellblade 2.  Some scanning sh*t they doing using MS Stimulator tech.

12 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Its contracted out to Asobo, people who made Plague Tale. That's why it looks so good. I'm sure the Frenchies will also ultimately drop the base Xbone version. I dunno how this will run on Jaguar cores but I'd love to see it lol.

Dont think it will come to base Xbox one. 

Just seriesX and pc.

Also i can totally see MS buying Asobo soon :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

3 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Buy? Whats that? 

Bro when it comes to MS games thing called "BUY doesn't exist.  Only Game Pass exist. 

GP this sh*t dayone and save money :D

Yeah, gamepass. I meant acquire when I said Buy. 

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Sucks that this doesn't have regional pricing on Steam. 4k for base version and 8k for all included, what? :lol:

SAY WITH ME

Spoiler

GAMEPASS! GAMEPASS! GAMEPASS!

at-another-event-he-got-really-sweaty-wh