Microsoft Flight Simulator

STICK3Rboy

On 6/25/2022 at 9:42 PM, Vamos said:

Got the A320 liveries pack for some Asian airliners on sale. (4K textures) 

TlvLHF8.png

tZnA7tG.jpg

VVkM2NM.jpg

Woah. This is from the store? What's the pack called and what all liveries are part of it?

Btw if you're into jet liners,

I recently found out that the A310 which is coming as part of the 40th anniversary update in November is a study level build from iniSimulations. I'm damn excited, didn't expect a high fidelity build to come to consoles.

Since the last time I posted here, I've figured out how to configure the FMS on the A320 so that I don't have to load in with a plotted flight plan anymore. Been looking into SimBrief to plot realistic routes now.

I wish FS2020 broadcasted telemetry data, would have been crazy to track stuff on a second screen

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Woah. This is from the store? What's the pack called and what all liveries are part of it?

This one is Asobo A320 - Asia and Middle East pack. It was going for Rs 220 when I bought it.

It also has Air asia, Emirates and some other middle eastern airliners. 

1 hour ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Btw if you're into jet liners,

I recently found out that the A310 which is coming as part of the 40th anniversary update in November is a study level build from iniSimulations. I'm damn excited, didn't expect a high fidelity build to come to consoles.

Since the last time I posted here, I've figured out how to configure the FMS on the A320 so that I don't have to load in with a plotted flight plan anymore. Been looking into SimBrief to plot realistic routes now.

Wow.. A310 will be a great addition. 

I've learnt how to add a Direct To plan on the FMS but having trouble to get AP to be on course and catch the ILS signal during approach. 

Now just figuring out how to add waypoints and ILS info without using world map. 

I looked into Simbrief and onlineflightplanner for waypoints but yet to learn how to configure all that on the MCDU. 

Also memorized how to start up the A320 from cold and dark, without using any checklists. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vamos said:

I've learnt how to add a Direct To plan on the FMS but having trouble to get AP to be on course and catch the ILS signal during approach. 

Oh I would say get a hang of doing ILS landings then move on to programming the FMS

I'll try and find the resource I referred to for it. If not I'll see if I can edit together the ILS landing procedure that I follow. It's quite simple once you get a hang of it

9 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Also memorized how to start up the A320 from cold and dark, without using any checklists. 

Nice! The current A320 build is simple though, real challenge will be to pull of a cold & dead start on the study level A310 without a checklist. 10,000 more systems to boot up & check before even pushback ? 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Oh I would say get a hang of doing ILS landings then move on to programming the FMS

I'll try and find the resource I referred to for it. If not I'll see if I can edit together the ILS landing procedure that I follow. It's quite simple once you get a hang of it

For now, I am able to land using the Approach mode and disconnecting AP right before touchdown. :lol:

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

For now, I am able to land using the Approach mode and disconnecting AP right before touchdown. :lol:

I do this sequence

- Get a lock on localiser (LOC)

- Activate approach mode when aligned with the runway and wait for it to capture the glide slope

- Go to Flaps 1 & 2 

- Arm spoilers & auto-brake

- Around 1500 feet lower the gears and work my way up to full Flaps

- Disconnect autopilot and follow the flight director markings to land.

3 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I do this sequence

- Get a lock on localiser (LOC)

- Activate approach mode when aligned with the runway and wait for it to capture the glide slope

- Go to Flaps 1 & 2 

- Arm spoilers & auto-brake

- Around 1500 feet lower the gears and work my way up to full Flaps

- Disconnect autopilot and follow the flight director markings to land.

Yup, I follow most of these steps. (Except the flaps). I usually leave them at 2. 

Locking onto the localiser is a bit tricky when I use the plotted flight plan from the world map. 
Coz in the default ILS approach, the final turn to line up with the runway happens very late. Due to this, the autopilot acts up. 

And also, I wish the AI ATC was a bit more accurate. It expects to drop nearly at 10,000 ft per minute during descent. And sometimes they cancel the IFR plan if you don’t respond. 

4 hours ago, Vamos said:

Locking onto the localiser is a bit tricky when I use the plotted flight plan from the world map. 
Coz in the default ILS approach, the final turn to line up with the runway happens very late. Due to this, the autopilot acts up. 

It shouldn't be doing that unless you're trying to land at some really tricky airport like Paro. You're possibly not setting up an approach while setting up the route.

Assuming you are picking High / Low altitude IFR flight on the world map page, once you pick the arrival ILS there should be option to the left of it to pick the approach. Go through the options and select one that gives you enough distance to line up your glide slope.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Assuming you are picking High / Low altitude IFR flight on the world map page, once you pick the arrival ILS there should be option to the left of it to pick the approach. Go through the options and select one that gives you enough distance to line up your glide slope.

Got it. 

I picked one of the ILS runways instead of the default approach and now it’s much better. 

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

Got it. 

I picked one of the ILS runways instead of the default approach and now it’s much better. 

Nice!

Cut together this Mumbai - Pune flight from earlier today. Can follow my descent process from around the 20th minute onwards 

Also ended up getting the skin pack too:fear:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Nice!

Cut together this Mumbai - Pune flight from earlier today. Can follow my descent process from around the 20th minute onwards 

Also ended up getting the skin pack too:fear:

Awesome! 

I need to use a mouse.. will be a lot easier to enter configure MCDU and talk to ATC. 

13 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Awesome! 

I need to use a mouse.. will be a lot easier to enter configure MCDU and talk to ATC. 

Oh surely, it's a game changer. Especially if you're doing IFR flights, there's so much clicking to do.

• 4 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, Vamos said:

@El Tigre Chino - Did you fly the A310 yet? 

The checklist feels like a proper simulation. 

Apparently now we can import flight plan from SimBrief account directly to the aircraft. 

Yes I have, there are like 20 checklist even pre-takeoff. Will need to put in the time to learn it.

Didn't know you can import your simbrief account. Is this doable on Xbox too? Might be a PC only thing

• 6 months later...

Flight Simulator 2024 - Career mode expansion. :wOOtjumpy:

This game keeps getting better and better. :majesty:

The single greatest game in any next gen console. 

Edited by Vamos

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

It's not an expansion. It's a new game altogether, isn't it?

Yes, it’s a new game. Initially most people thought it was just going be an expansion. 

There is some backlash because all their add-ons would not be carried over. 

Edited by Vamos

• 9 months later...
11 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

This looks stunning for something that’s free. PC players are lucky. 

Inbuilds is building one for Xbox, but it’ll be paid. 

20 hours ago, Vamos said:

This looks stunning for something that’s free. PC players are lucky. 

Inbuilds is building one for Xbox, but it’ll be paid. 

There a study level A320 in the works for Xbox which will be a free addition.

The FBW 320 on PC is a solid upgrade experience wise. Can link it to Volanta for flight following, load in flight plans, etc.