IVG Game Library - Rules and Guidelines

HundredProofSam

5 hours ago, petey said:

Question: why is it for disc-based consoles only? Why not also allow Switch games? (Just curious if there's a reason for it.)

Switch games are also allowed provided it's a popular game. It's not mentioned anywhere that we don't allow it, right?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, b!T said:

Switch games are also allowed provided it's a popular game. It's not mentioned anywhere that we don't allow it, right?

Ah, it said it's for disc-based consoles only, so I presumed that disqualifies Switch games (since there's no disc drive).

Edited by petey

5 minutes ago, petey said:

Ah, it said it's for disc-based consoles only, so I presumed that disqualifies Switch games (since there's no disc drive).

Ah okay. Switch games are welcome but we have very few switch owners compared to Xbox and PS.

• 2 months later...

Quick question: 

Is there a reason it is only limited to physical media?

I'm getting my ps5 next week and just wanted to know if I could buy a digital copy of a game [like Returnal or demon souls] on new empty account and just share the credentials once I am done?  Or do I need to purchase a physical copy instead for donating

11 hours ago, Alice said:

Quick question: 

I'm getting my ps5 next week and just wanted to know if I could buy a digital copy of a game [like Returnal or demon souls] on new empty account and just share the credentials once I am done?  Or do I need to purchase a physical copy instead for donating

Well, you need to be eligible for being a member of the library first.

On 6/29/2021 at 4:01 PM, Alice said:

Quick question: 

Digital sharing not allowed here 

• 2 months later...

The library membership rules state that I need 20 reputation points + 5 positive trading feedback or 50 reputation points. My q, do u get a trading feedback for both buying and selling or just selling. Would like to join the library and I'm not even a little close to the requirements, so?

On 9/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, Horizon Days Dawn said:

The library membership rules state that I need 20 reputation points + 5 positive trading feedback or 50 reputation points. My q, do u get a trading feedback for both buying and selling or just selling. Would like to join the library and I'm not even a little close to the requirements, so?

which game are you planning to Donate?

On 9/3/2021 at 12:01 AM, Horizon Days Dawn said:

By both selling and buying. However feedback system is broken for now so focus on contributing to the forum threads. Once you have 50 points, you can join.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:36 AM, Assassins Creed said:

which game are you planning to Donate?

I have a few games any one of which I don't mind donating. AC origins, Death Stranding, uncharted 4, monster hunter world. Some of them probably won't get approval but since I'm nowhere close to the required reputation points, I didn't mention until now.

37 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I have a few games any one of which I don't mind donating. AC origins, Death Stranding, uncharted 4, monster hunter world. Some of them probably won't get approval but since I'm nowhere close to the required reputation points, I didn't mention until now.

Death Stranding would be a good addition if you can donate.. it was donated but removed..  rep points are fine, send the disc pics to @b!T in the right format and he can edit the existing topic with new details 

5 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Death Stranding would be a good addition if you can donate.. it was donated but removed..  rep points are fine, send the disc pics to @b!T in the right format and he can edit the existing topic with new details 

Rep points are fine? You mean to enter the library or to donate a game?

OK then, will let u know about it. Haven't actually played death stranding, had it for over a year tho. Started it but then I got bored running after 3 hours with absolutely nothing else to the game so ditched it (gotta say tho, HZD and GoT level beautiful game). Probably won't play it anytime soon so will mostly donate. Still will let you know soon. Just to clarify, after donating death stranding, do I become a library member or do I need to get rep points after donating to enter the library and thus borrow? Also I can temporarily retract the game after the borrowing period of a member is over right (in case I want to play it)?

PS : Either ways I will mostly donate death stranding unless I decide to play that after RnC (highly unlikely) in which case I'll donate it a bit later but yes I'll eventually donate death stranding.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

13 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

OK then, will let u know about it. Haven't actually played death stranding, had it for over a year tho. Started it but then I got bored running after 3 hours with absolutely nothing else to the game so ditched it (gotta say tho, HZD and GoT level beautiful game). Probably won't play it anytime soon so will mostly donate. Still will let you know soon. Just to clarify, after donating death stranding, do I become a library member or do I need to get rep points after donating to enter the library and thus borrow? Also I can temporarily retract the game after the borrowing period of a member is over right (in case I want to play it)?

PS : Either ways I will mostly donate death stranding unless I decide to play that after RnC (highly unlikely) in which case I'll donate it a bit later but yes I'll eventually donate death stranding.

Yes, once you donate, you can be a member and borrow games. However you can't retract your game if you already have a game borrowed from the library. 

I had a question regarding the rules. Since u can borrow only one game at a time, what would I do if I had a game borrowed and the borrowing period was at its end and there is no one else in line for the game, the donor wants me to hold onto it instead of sending it back and I want to borrow another game. Do I have to wait till doner asks it back or until there is someone in line or can I borrow another game?