IVG Game Library - Rules and Guidelines

HundredProofSam

On 9/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, Horizon Days Dawn said:

I had a question regarding the rules. Since u can borrow only one game at a time, what would I do if I had a game borrowed and the borrowing period was at its end and there is no one else in line for the game, the donor wants me to hold onto it instead of sending it back and I want to borrow another game. Do I have to wait till doner asks it back or until there is someone in line or can I borrow another game?

As long as the owner confirms he doesn't want it back, you can borrow another game. This is to save on unnecessary shipping costs. But we may not allow a member to hold on to more than 2 games because don't think it is a good idea for some person to hold a lot of games.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Ani23 said:

Getting my ps5 soon and am interested in becoming a member are there in karma requirements or can i become a part just by donating a relevant game.

MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA

20 reputation points + 5 positive trading feedbacks OR 50 reputation points

Feedback system is busted for now so you need some reputation points. Be active and participate in the discussions going on and you will soon qualify.

• 4 weeks later...

In order to increase the addition of recent games, was thinking of adding a rule that every member has to renew their donation with a newer game after certain period like one or two years. What do you guys think?

@HundredProofSam

@Assassins Creed

@Mr. Comingle

17 hours ago, b!T said:

In order to increase the addition of recent games, was thinking of adding a rule that every member has to renew their donation with a newer game after certain period like one or two years. What do you guys think?

@HundredProofSam

@Assassins Creed

@Mr. Comingle

I agree. Time period to change should be 6 or 12 months.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, KunjanPSD said:

What's the current guideline for the duration of borrowing and the number of games which can be borrowed?

The actual duration is 2 weeks but generally extended for RPGs and long a*s games. Ideally you can borrow only one game but there were scenarios where members finished a game and wants to borrow another are generally allowed to do so because the first game is not in demand. So he can keep the first game until the owner wants it back or someone else wants to borrow it. This is done to avoid unnecessary shipping charges. 

• 2 months later...

Was curious about this system but being a member seems like too much work lol. You have to donate a game, then keep track of it and post updates, send the game every time someone borrows it and hope it doesn't get damaged. Since borrowers aren't keeping the game, why can't they just buy a used one and sell it after 2 weeks or whatever? Shouldn't be any more expensive than this.

48 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Was curious about this system but being a member seems like too much work lol. You have to donate a game, then keep track of it and post updates, send the game every time someone borrows it and hope it doesn't get damaged. Since borrowers aren't keeping the game, why can't they just buy a used one and sell it after 2 weeks or whatever? Shouldn't be any more expensive than this.

its not for you then

2 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Sarcastic George Costanza GIF

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, b!T said:

Hello All, Since our library is pretty dormant except for few exchanges, thought it would be a good idea to update our collection. Since it's been 2 years since current gen consoles came out, I urge all members to replace the game you donated with a PS5/XSX/Switch game released with last 2 years. Obviously I don't want to enforce such a rule but for the benefit of the Library and community in general, do consider it.

Its good but idk how many of the members still just have ps4 but i do

I want you to pls consider this, instead of replacing all ps4 title  members should have add one current gen title. This way library will be useful for all. 

18 minutes ago, Felix the cat said:

Its good but idk how many of the members still just have ps4 but i do

I want you to pls consider this, instead of replacing all ps4 title  members should have add one current gen title. This way library will be useful for all. 

I just put forward a suggestion and it's not in anyway a rule. We can have PS4 games as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...