Big Boss

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

bold-strategy-dodgeball.gif

After seeing a bunch of reviews i m going in with low expectations now. 

Will try to enjoy it by keeping grinding activities to the minimum required  and focus on story . Play around with different characters cause that part is definitely good as per all reviews . And try to play co-op mostly . Hoping devs can fix performance issues via a day 1 patch . will probably turn off Ray tracing if it means game can maintain 30fps consistently. 

4 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

After seeing a bunch of reviews i m going in with low expectations now. 

Will try to enjoy it by keeping grinding activities to the minimum required  and focus on story . Play around with different characters cause that part is definitely good as per all reviews . And try to play co-op mostly . Hoping devs can fix performance issues via a day 1 patch . will probably turn off Ray tracing if it means game can maintain 30fps consistently. 

Don't worry about reviews.

Just find a coop partner. 

It will be a blast even if game is terrible, which this one is not.

3 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Don't worry about reviews.

Just find a coop partner. 

It will be a blast even if game is terrible, which this one is not.

Yup not worrying about it . Yeah game is not terrible and can still be enjoyed. need to find a co op partner with whom my time can match - night time after 27th. Busy till Diwali and then have 2 days travel after that 

Edited by Krazyniks

Played about 5 hours or so of it. Liking it so far. Especially, the story, the writing, the cut-scene animations, and the depth of the characters. It properly satisfies the 'Bat-game' itch, and then some. The opening cut-scene is god-tier. Better than some movies, to be honest.

About the other aspects of the game:

I've never played the Avengers game, so I can't compare it to that.

But, I get what most reviewers were complaining about. It has the looter mechanic built into the game, and while you're playing it, you realise that it's all kinda useless, at least till the point I've played it. I mean, if I'm Nightwing (or any other Bat-family hero), why do I care if an enemy dropped some random chemicals or whatever? It's so weird.

Also, I guess it's part of this looter-genre thingy I guess, but the menus are so convoluted. Just too much text, IMO. Maybe it's more of a me-thing than the game's issue.

I have a feeling I might just skim through the story, since it's shaping up to be quite good.

There's another weird choice, too. Hear me out - One of the things they kinda promoted was how the 4 heroes have different traversal options (glider for Nightwing, cape for Batgirl, JL Tower for Robin, and Red Hood's powers) to free roam in the city. Turns out, those traversal mechanics are locked behind completion of certain type of side-missions. That part is fine, but where it gets kinda irritating is the fact that those missions appear randomly during the characters nightly patrol. That is what irritates me. It means that it's entirely possible, that on any given night, that kind of mission won't appear at all, because it's randomised.

I might be judging the game too soon, but let's see...

How I wish it was a simple story-driven SP game. It probably would've been considered a great game!

53 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Played about 5 hours or so of it. Liking it so far. Especially, the story, the writing, the cut-scene animations, and the depth of the characters. It properly satisfies the 'Bat-game' itch, and then some. The opening cut-scene is god-tier. Better than some movies, to be honest.

About the other aspects of the game:

I've never played the Avengers game, so I can't compare it to that.

But, I get what most reviewers were complaining about. It has the looter mechanic built into the game, and while you're playing it, you realise that it's all kinda useless, at least till the point I've played it. I mean, if I'm Nightwing (or any other Bat-family hero), why do I care if an enemy dropped some random chemicals or whatever? It's so weird.

Also, I guess it's part of this looter-genre thingy I guess, but the menus are so convoluted. Just too much text, IMO. Maybe it's more of a me-thing than the game's issue.

I have a feeling I might just skim through the story, since it's shaping up to be quite good.

There's another weird choice, too. Hear me out - One of the things they kinda promoted was how the 4 heroes have different traversal options (glider for Nightwing, cape for Batgirl, JL Tower for Robin, and Red Hood's powers) to free roam in the city. Turns out, those traversal mechanics are locked behind completion of certain type of side-missions. That part is fine, but where it gets kinda irritating is the fact that those missions appear randomly during the characters nightly patrol. That is what irritates me. It means that it's entirely possible, that on any given night, that kind of mission won't appear at all, because it's randomised.

I might be judging the game too soon, but let's see...

How I wish it was a simple story-driven SP game. It probably would've been considered a great game!

Yeah since it's not a live service game like Avengers - lootbox stuff should have been limited or totally cut off. 

Regarding those traversal options - saw it in one of the reviews as well - extremely boring to do 10 or so missions to unlock knighthood (traversal options) for each character.. and its random now WTF.

Do let me know if you're up for co-op after 27th i mean if you aren't stressed out with this game by then :fear1:

Edited by Krazyniks

People are just hating the game for the sake of hating. There are many console games that release with 30FPS but this one is getting some major backlash just cuz of that. Its averaging 70 in reviews and some are very high which shows that this is not an outright disaster like many are calling it out to be. Some reviewers had fun with the game and some dont so same way it will work for few people. I've liked it so far, combat is good and visuals arent bad at all. With Coop, we can have a banger time. So looking forward to it later tonight with my friend.

27 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

People are just hating the game for the sake of hating. There are many console games that release with 30FPS but this one is getting some major backlash just cuz of that. Its averaging 70 in reviews and some are very high which shows that this is not an outright disaster like many are calling it out to be. Some reviewers had fun with the game and some dont so same way it will work for few people. I've liked it so far, combat is good and visuals arent bad at all. With Coop, we can have a banger time. So looking forward to it later tonight with my friend.

Yeah, the whole 60FPS thing is a total non-issue (I didn't mention anything about it at all, in my first impressions post above) for me. Personally, I feel it's being blown way out of proportion.

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Do let me know if you're up for co-op after 27th i mean if you aren't stressed out with this game by then :fear1:

I might be done with the story by then, so... :fear: No promises!

15 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Yeah, the whole 60FPS thing is a total non-issue (I didn't mention anything about it at all, in my first impressions post above) for me. Personally, I feel it's being blown way out of proportion.

I might be done with the story by then, so... :fear: No promises!

Yeah i understand no problem. 

True. Even I've played around that much and it's pretty enjoyable, overall. So far, skills have unlocked at a decent rate and that's why the combat is quite enjoyable. But there are 3 major issues I have with the game:

The grind is there, but it's kinda okay. I don't like the fact that there are things I have to do with all 4 characters which are exactly the same. That's kinda off-putting.

- I've said this before but the looting mechanics seem tacked on and the game could've been so much better without it.

- The boss fights are a joke. Only the first Clayface boss fight was somewhat decent since it involved a chase through the city. But barely so... After the chase, it became a case of just hitting them endlessly (equivalent of bullet sponge) until they're done. Same for the first boss fights with Dr. Freeze and Harley Quinn, too. Haven't got around to the second boss fights with them.