Big Boss

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

True. Even I've played around that much and it's pretty enjoyable, overall. So far, skills have unlocked at a decent rate and that's why the combat is quite enjoyable. But there are 3 major issues I have with the game:

The grind is there, but it's kinda okay. I don't like the fact that there are things I have to do with all 4 characters which are exactly the same. That's kinda off-putting.

- I've said this before but the looting mechanics seem tacked on and the game could've been so much better without it.

- The boss fights are a joke. Only the first Clayface boss fight was somewhat decent since it involved a chase through the city. But barely so... After the chase, it became a case of just hitting them endlessly (equivalent of bullet sponge) until they're done. Same for the first boss fights with Dr. Freeze and Harley Quinn, too. Haven't got around to the second boss fights with them.

the boss fights are extremely spammy and spongy, I agree.  Arkham really had good boss fights where you were forced to switch things up 

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

True. Even I've played around that much and it's pretty enjoyable, overall. So far, skills have unlocked at a decent rate and that's why the combat is quite enjoyable. But there are 3 major issues I have with the game:

The grind is there, but it's kinda okay. I don't like the fact that there are things I have to do with all 4 characters which are exactly the same. That's kinda off-putting.

- I've said this before but the looting mechanics seem tacked on and the game could've been so much better without it.

- The boss fights are a joke. Only the first Clayface boss fight was somewhat decent since it involved a chase through the city. But barely so... After the chase, it became a case of just hitting them endlessly (equivalent of bullet sponge) until they're done. Same for the first boss fights with Dr. Freeze and Harley Quinn, too. Haven't got around to the second boss fights with them.

Are you on PS or PC? Do you want to try co op?

Finished the game. I think I took around 27 hours.

As I said in the previous post, those 3 things are my major complaints. Other than that, I had a good time with it! For me, it's a somewhat okay'ish 6 (maybe 5.5*) out of 10 game.

Played mostly with Nightwing and Red Hood. I unlocked the Knighthood abilities for all characters. However, Red Hood was my main since I got an option to craft some Legendary Melee weapons in the final third of the game and his stats were kinda unmatched after that. I almost bull-dozed through the last part of the game.

89xZ52D.jpeg

FoM5XkE.png

O11sE3V.png

*The VO for Batgirl sounds atrociously bad.

Edited by VelivolusDas
Adjusted the score
  • Like 1

I finished the game yesterday too. 28 hours (I took my time and levelled up before pursuing main story missions )

- I liked the combat.  It’s slower than Arkham but the abilities are better. Reminded me more of Spider-Man 

- the story isn’t particularly great.

- the side activities are repetitive 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Arkham Origins thread is archived. So posting here. 

Just finished Arkham Origins. It was the only Arkham game I had not played (not counting Gotham Knights).  Overall I really enjoyed it. Satisfies the Batman game craving very well. WB Montreal pretty much stuck to the script when it came to the gameplay, it was 90% identical to Arkham City, which I found both good and bad. Why change something that works well, but also sometimes the copy-paste was getting too much.  

The city itself could have been better. Gliding felt too slow and some areas had those invisible walls with no grapple points which was annoying to get around. 

Story-

Spoiler

I liked the story. It was more of a relationship origins game. Showing the start of the relationship of Batman/Gordan and Batman/Joker. I really liked that Batman goes through his own arc and by the end is more open to letting allies help him. I dont remember much Batman character development happening in Asylum/City but I could have just forgotten tbh.  

Having said that, again, it could have been better. Joker is surprise villain of the game who we meet for the first time but it doesnt feel like a young or less crazy Joker or anything. Personality wise its the same fully formed Joker that just popped out from nowhere. 

Overall solid game thats worth a play through even though most of it comes from past games

If Gotham Knights didn't exist IMO it would have been cool to have an Arkham Origins 2 that explores the beginning of the Batman/Robin relationship or something like that.

Edited by dylanjosh

58 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Arkham Origins thread is archived. So posting here. 

Just finished Arkham Origins. It was the only Arkham game I had not played (not counting Gotham Knights).  Overall I really enjoyed it. Satisfies the Batman game craving very well. WB Montreal pretty much stuck to the script when it came to the gameplay, it was 90% identical to Arkham City, which I found both good and bad. Why change something that works well, but also sometimes the copy-paste was getting too much.  

The city itself could have been better. Gliding felt too slow and some areas had those invisible walls with no grapple points which was annoying to get around. 

Story-

Reveal hidden contents

I liked the story. It was more of a relationship origins game. Showing the start of the relationship of Batman/Gordan and Batman/Joker. I really liked that Batman goes through his own arc and by the end is more open to letting allies help him. I dont remember much Batman character development happening in Asylum/City but I could have just forgotten tbh.  

Having said that, again, it could have been better. Joker is surprise villain of the game who we meet for the first time but it doesnt feel like a young or less crazy Joker or anything. Personality wise its the same fully formed Joker that just popped out from nowhere. 

Overall solid game thats worth a play through even though most of it comes from past games

If Gotham Knights didn't exist IMO it would have been cool to have an Arkham Origins 2 that explores the beginning of the Batman/Robin relationship or something like that.

On PC? They never ported origins to the later generations for unknown reasons. 

Yeah the sequel would have done so much better but wasted on the GAAS nonsense.