Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

RV1709

14 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Is there any recent CoD worth playing just for Single Player?

For context my  favourite CoD games are 1,2, MW1, MW2 and Blops. 

Blops 2, MW2019, Infinite Warfare and BLOPSCW

• Like 1

• Both run the same settings.
  • PS5 runs better in the 120Hz mode - both dip from 120 to around 95-100 on the Series X and 105-110 on the PS5 in the same places.
  • Series X runs better in the 4k60 mode, though both are locked 99% of the time there are some setpieces where the PS5 can drop to the 40s for a few seconds that don't happen on Series X.
  • In the 4k60 mode - Resolution is dynamic 4k but usually hovers around 1800p with ray-tracing. (Ray-traced shadows not reflections)
  • Resolution in the 120Hz mode is around 1200p but it can drop to 1080p.
  • Series S runs on lower settings and targets dynamic 1440p though the lowest it falls is 1200p. No ray-tracing or 120Hz mode on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Snake said:

Im really loving the easter egg hunt 3arc has for Season 1 (launching on 16th)

The burned out hole on the map is definitely Rebirth Island

Got it free with new 3080 graphics card and tried it. Have to say, it looks pretty amazing in 4K with RT and HDR. Didnt even need to turn on DLSS as it was pretty smooth anyway.

But other than the absolute good looks, thats about it! Seems CoD is still stuck in 2006- same gameplay mechanics. Same arcade running and shooting. Same over the top missions with no stakes. I hope and wish that as I play further there are calmer more interesting missions like All Ghillied up in COD4 (that mission is still THE best mission in all of Call of Duty games).

1 hour ago, Walker said:

Should I get this for the MP. It's been a long time and I'm itching to get into an MP game again.

Depends if you like the Treyarch style MP. For me this was the most regretful purchase of the year. Still play last years MW all day every day.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been Playing this Game more on PS5. Actually been liking this game. I was always a Fan of Battlefield Series but since there is no other shooter on the Next Gen, putting in hours into this game. Like the maps and the layouts. Especially with the adaptive triggers and the 120FPS, its even more immersive. 

1 hour ago, avi_66 said:

Been Playing this Game more on PS5. Actually been liking this game. I was always a Fan of Battlefield Series but since there is no other shooter on the Next Gen, putting in hours into this game. Like the maps and the layouts. Especially with the adaptive triggers and the 120FPS, its even more immersive. 

Has it gotten better with patches? Day 1 digital here... was extremely put off by the comic sounding guns and outrageously low TTK at launch.... never had the heart to revisit since. MW OTOH is absolute gold even now...

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Has it gotten better with patches? Day 1 digital here... was extremely put off by the comic sounding guns and outrageously low TTK at launch.... never had the heart to revisit since. MW OTOH is absolute gold even now...

Yes it feels better. Yes its a little cheesy but its ok i feel. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, avi_66 said:

Yes it feels better. Yes its a little cheesy but its ok i feel. 

Thanks I’ll have to jump in one of these days. The lobbies on MW are always full which means most of the cod fanatics are on it. :D

I started the SP campaign yesterday. The settings are so weird. I have to go to system settings to change to performance mode. 

Also have to download the SP campaign, why the hell doesn't it come on the disc? :| 

Only cleared the first mission till now. This will be a very short game it seems.  

Edited by ayush12ice

• 4 weeks later...