The Playstation 5 thread

11 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Supposedly these is this thing called RetroArch, basically it is a unified interface for various emulators

xmb-tabs.png

Literally has an XMB clone for the UI 

xmb-playlists.png

Sony it's time to go to good old days for the PS5.

It is time to return to the OG

These are fake bruh, why is there a battery indicator on the top right.

Maybe these are from VITA 2 :O

Edited by pArth

5 minutes ago, pArth said:

These are fake bruh, why is there a battery indicator on the top right.

Maybe these are from VITA 2 :O

Lol it's from a legit software, you can download it for the PC, raspberry pi and some other things idk.

Basically love for the XMB is such that even after Sony decided to dump it for whatever wierd sh*t they had on the Vita and that lazy UI on PS4 there are people who like it so much they decide to clone it :rofl:

You can bet nobody will bother to clone the PS4 or PSVita UI now or even in the future :lol:

btw Sony gave up on the portable market, no PSP3 or Vita successor :/

RetroArch

10 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

No, thanks

XMB besto UI for game console  :furious: Wonder why Sony dumped it for PS4. It was legit 10/10 on PSP and PS3

Edited by PhantomShade

2 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Lol it's from a legit software, you can download it for the PC, raspberry pi and some other things idk.

Basically love for the XMB is such that even after Sony decided to dump it for whatever wierd sh*t they had on the Vita and that lazy UI on PS4 there are people who like it so much they decide to clone it :rofl:

You can bet nobody will bother to clone the PS4 or PSVita UI now or even in the future :lol:

btw Sony gave up on the portable market, no PSP3 or Vita successor :/

RetroArch

XMB besto UI for game console  :furious: Wonder why Sony dumped it for PS4. It was legit 10/10 on PSP and PS3

it was only good in the context of features PS3 had. As features increase, that UI is inept

Just now, Sach4life said:

it was only good in the context of features PS3 had. As features increase, that UI is inept

What new features PS4 had tho. Party chat? that "communities" thing?

Most of it is the same, plays games, PSN Store, PSN Profile with trophies and all, Music, Videos etc.

Lol in like 2015 they didn't even have media playing functionality or external storage, just playing games, psn store and the social functions i guess.

Maybe they were spooked by MS's TV TV TV TV with the Xbone debacle a year ago :rofl:

Just now, PhantomShade said:

What new features PS4 had tho. Party chat? that "communities" thing?

Most of it is the same, plays games, PSN Store, PSN Profile with trophies and all, Music, Videos etc.

Lol in like 2015 they didn't even have media playing functionality or external storage, just playing games, psn store and the social functions i guess.

Maybe they were spooked by MS's TV TV TV TV with the Xbone debacle a year ago :rofl:

Its not just the features, but the overall visual appeal of the UI. XMB looked bland as compared to PS4's current UI. Also, you make a UI based on what you intend to provide in next 3-5 years, not just at launch. Currently, PS4's UI is much much better than what it was on PS3 in 2013

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

End of 2020 is def fiscal 2020 (March 32st 2021). No way they'll sell 10mill units even if they launch in october

They did sell 4M in a month at launch and then ran out. If they put 10M on the shelves day one, who knows? But yeah its just production and not all shipping at once.

I don't know what metrics they're using to gauge PS5 interest because all those Insta and YT likes are paid by themselves :lol: 

47 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

They did sell 4M in a month at launch and then ran out. If they put 10M on the shelves day one, who knows? But yeah its just production and not all shipping at once.

I don't know what metrics they're using to gauge PS5 interest because all those Insta and YT likes are paid by themselves :lol: 

fs5w2dnnhgr31.jpg

Pay pic relateds enough and you can have 10m everywhere easily, they have 5 world's busiest ports, world class infrastructure, and literally all of the worlds electronics assembly factories.

It really depends how much $$$ Sony is willing to spend to get a headstart on MS.

Good price + Early and smooth launch == MS gets buried this gen too.

8 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

so if they do choose 399, what would that mean for us? 35-40k?

40K, but i think whether it is $500 or $400 it will cost 50K here.

If you're buying best to wait for bundles to come out though.

5 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

40K, but i think whether it is $500 or $400 it will cost 50K here.

If you're buying best to wait for bundles to come out though.

I don't see how $400 would mean 50k here. At most 45k, but most likely 40k.

2 minutes ago, Right said:

$400 means 43300 Minimum, plus whatever Sony India wants to charge on top of it.

http://www.eximguru.com/calculator/calculatecustomduty.aspx?1=20&2=&3=&4=&5=&6=10&10=18&dutyDate=02-Feb-2019&hscode=95045000

As i said, i can see it being 45k, but 50k is way too high for a $400 console.

9 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

As i said, i can see it being 45k, but 50k is way too high for a $400 console.

Those who want to buy will buy at 50K also, those who want it cheap will buy from grey.

This is not US/EU/Japan where gaming consoles are mainstream, so for buyers of such a niche device some 5k extra doesn't matter.

Those who want to buy PS will buy PS even at 50k , if Xfridge comes for 40k they won't buy that, this is not Burgerica or EU.

This same principle used to apply to Apple also in Jobs era, from the past 3-4 years though they have made a sustained push in terms of iPhone atleast for the Indian market, earlier 0 f**ks were given in regards to pricing, discounts or tie ups with banks for EMI, and Carriers for Advertisements and product promotion.

Edited by PhantomShade