Dragon Age Dreadwolf

Engineer

Dragon Age 4 has gotten a first-look trailer at Gamescom.
During Opening Night Live at Gamescom 2020, executive producer Mark Darrah and other developers at the studio discussed the series and showed new concept art from the game, new in-development footage, and discussed the game's goals - oh, and showed off the return of love-hate character Solas.

Source: IGN

Edited by Engineer

• 3 months later...

I know Dragon Age is a massive IP but - anyone else feel absolutely not interested in this game? I mean DA:Origins was absolutely amazing, but the series has gone downhill since, with Inquisition only being "OK". Meanwhile, during the massive silence between the DA 4 announcement till now, we had absolutely amazing games like Divinity and Pillars of Eternity, and the fact that EA being EA - they are putting "Live Service" (a.k.a Monetization) in this game using Anthem's tools and codebase, I just cannot muster up any interest. Kinda feel the series is dead (Spiritually) and they are only throwing an empty shell in front of us just to keep making continuous money from the same game.

34 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

While they may not be 10/10, I did enjoy the last 3 dragon age games. Didnt complete them but got very close to. So ,excited to see gameplay reveal.

What last 3 Dragon Age games? There have been only 3. Origins is top 10 RPG of all time. 

4 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Didn't ea said this is going to be a live service game?

Some rumors, yeah, but after Anthem I doubt it. 

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

So yeah all 3 were enjoyable.

Definitely in minority. 2 sucked big time coming from Origins. 

I enjoyed Inquisition combat. Very mmo style and was very fluid but everything else was underwhelming. Story, characters, and writing were terrible. The later part of the exploration felt filler too compared to early areas. 

DA4 likely going to be a final straw for BioWare fails again. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Definitely in minority. 2 sucked big time coming from Origins. 

I enjoyed Inquisition combat. Very mmo style and was very fluid but everything else was underwhelming. Story, characters, and writing were terrible. The later part of the exploration felt filler too compared to early areas. 

DA4 likely going to be a final straw for BioWare fails again. 

Don't know maybe. I enjoy medieval style action rpgs hence maybe I'm biased that way. Plus my standards in movies and games are not very high :P

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Don't know maybe. I enjoy medieval style action rpgs hence maybe I'm biased that way. Plus my standards in movies and games are not very high :P

People mostly hate DA2 because repetitive areas, like its the same 5-8 maps start to finish of the game.

I was dissapointed in it for this very reason

5 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

It also looked terrrible. Bad art style, bad colour palette. 

Exactly, I still completed all the 3 games but bring back DA:O's combat and combos. Spell combo's were great in that game. Also it had a lot more choices than DA:I

Still have a confused boner over Morrigan

10 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:

Exactly, I still completed all the 3 games but bring back DA:O's combat and combos. Spell combo's were great in that game. Also it had a lot more choices than DA:I

Still have a confused boner over Morrigan

In DAI her face would make her totally would bang level.

Her body not so much.

For Cassandra it is opposite.

I still love the old companions from DAO, Alister, Morrigan, Leliana, Sten, Oghren.

In the nu ones only Varric and Cass are good( also Dorian, pity never had him in my party ).

I liked our Elf God McEgg also but you know how that has turned up now.

1 hour ago, PhantomShade said:

In DAI her face would make her totally would bang level.

Her body not so much.

For Cassandra it is opposite.

I still love the old companions from DAO, Alister, Morrigan, Leliana, Sten, Oghren.

In the nu ones only Varric and Cass are good( also Dorian, pity never had him in my party ).

I liked our Elf God McEgg also but you know how that has turned up now.

The history behind Morrigan made it oh so lovely :wub:. Cassandra seemed snobbish to me, prefer Morrigan any day, if only I'd get a reasonably priced figurine of hers.

Yeah, you mentioning all those characters, brings back good memories. Really liked Varric and Sten too.

I still remember fondly the days I played DA Origins, back in 2009, it was bloody good, semester break was spent mostly on the PC, running through dungeons and that awesome music and story. Remember my companions even today, shows the quality of a game.

Hated the repetitive levels and characters in DA2 as well as story. DA Inquisition had some highlights but its open areas were too basic.

Hope they learn from better titles released in the last couple of years and make their own unique flavor of Dragon age.

The early demos for combat in DA 4 Looks promising. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

• Engineer changed the title to Dragon Age Dreadwolf