Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake

Heaven Angel

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Key Features

A CLASSIC REBORN
Experience the original epic tale of the Prince on his journey for redemption. Travel back in time with the return of the Prince's original voice actor, Yuri Lowenthal, and discover a brave new Farah.

REIMAGINED FOR TODAY
Fight new enemy character models and enjoy entirely new cinematic sequences along with enhanced voices, sounds, parkour animations, and soundtrack.

WIELD THE POWER OF TIME
Master the Sands of Time and use your dagger to reverse, accelerate, freeze, and slow time itself while solving puzzles along the way.

BREATHTAKING GRAPHICAL UPDATES
Immerse yourself in ancient Persia with more realistic graphics, pre-baked rendering, and VFX as you fight cursed enemies along your journey.

MODERNIZED CONTROLS
Camera, controls, and combat have been completely rebuilt and updated for today’s standards. Choose between original or modernized mapping.

EXPAND YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH BONUSES
Unlock the original Prince of Persia® game (’92 Mac version) along your adventure and access it from the Main Menu whenever you want. Even more surprises await!

Someone at Ubisoft is smoking good sh*t.

I guess they just want to focus on Assassins creed npw and sent out the remake to B team with a low budget, just cause fans have been asking for it for years.

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Looks good. 

Yeah, I'm okay with this. Doesn't look bad.

Hope it runs well and is bug free though.

40$ seems kinda steep. Let's see if EGS has regional pricing.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

4 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Warrior Within was the best of them all IMO. 

Shame they had to backtrack on Kindred Blades and re-announce it as The Two Thrones. I enjoyed it but Kindred Blades looked so much better and would have carried WW's style.

This

so much....the combat and the level design in that game was so good :wub: 

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Dahaka helped it a lot. The fear of getting chased by him was very well done. 

Oh man the dahaka :samui: scared the hell out of me back then xD

7 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Has it not known who made this game, we would be pretty upset. 

Knowing who made this game has actually made me concerned about how well it will run.

Otherwise, it looks decent. I think people are forgetting what the original game looks like now.

But I do agree 40$ seems like a lot for this.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

3 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

I'm okay with the graphics. Hope it does well so that PoP WW is next. :wOOtjumpy:

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Otherwise, it looks decent. I think people are forgetting what the original game looks like.

Graphics is last thing needed for PoP. As long it can run properly and have good controls, this will be blast to play. 

Obviously would have been better if made by main studio and big budget but PoP has been out of game scene for almost a decade and with AC pretty much overtaking it, this was expected. 

1 minute ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Knowing who made this game has actually made me concerned about how well it will run.

Otherwise, it looks decent. I think people are forgetting what the original game looks like now.

But I do agree 40$ seems like a lot for this.

Have you seen RE2 OG and how much it has improved in the Remake? Such differences should be expected in these days. Instead we get Assassin’ Creed 1 like graphics. Really disappointing and poor treatment to a classic. 

7 hours ago, Bauji said:

That reboot with cell-shaded graphics looked so good :wub: Cant wait to see what they come up with tomorrow.

7 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Oh yeah. Some locations were just jaw-dropping!

It's been a while since I played it but I reckon it would look good even today.

Man that 2008 reboot was over hated by the fans because it took a new direction. The mystery/fairy tale element was so well done. Elika :wub: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Have you seen RE2 OG and how much it has improved in the Remake? Such differences should be expected in these days. Instead we get Assassin’ Creed 1 like graphics. Really disappointing and poor treatment to a classic. 

RE2 remake was a AAA game. This is obviously not.

Like @Joe Cool said, PoP has been out of the scene for a while. This is probably Ubi testing the waters with a low-budget remake. Should've priced it accordingly at 30$ or so.

I'm just happy that we're getting any kind of an upgrade over the original and also with the fact that we're getting anything at all.

9 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Man that 2008 reboot was over hated by the fans because it took a new direction. The mystery/fairy tale element was so well done. Elika :wub: 

Yeah, I loved that game :bigyellowgrin:

• Like 1

This version of The Sands of Time has been a two-year project for Indian studios Ubisoft Mumbai and Ubisoft Pune, and the first game either has helped to lead development on.

The game now runs on a version of Anvil, Ubisoft's internal engine it uses for Assassin's Creed games, with new assets, a new camera, and new controls for its combat system.

New mo-cap and voice recording has also taken place, with original Prince actor Yuri Lowenthal back in the role and Guidestones actress Supinder Wraich cast as Farah.

The Indian studios in Pune and Mumbai have the ownership of this remake, Jordan was consulted during the pre-production. It was important to have Jordan's input and understand what Jordan would have like to tweak from the original game. We discussed a lot about the cinematics and the core pillars. Jordan has played the game a few weeks back and was very pleased with the result, he enjoyed the new cinematics and was extremely happy to hear the voice of Yuri Lowenthal, the original voice of the Prince

Ubisoft details what's new in its Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake

Edited by Joe Cool

So we stayed true to the story. We stayed true to the overall design of the game. However, we did improve a lot of the three C's (character, camera, and control), because the camera was the most out-of-date, as well as the combat. So we definitely approached this remake with improving and enhancing the velocity of the Prince, and the acrobatic moves that you have to perform to go through the 40 levels. So that was our main focus--stay true to the original design, respect the beautiful story and the narration, but enhance everything that we could, from the navigation to the camera, the targeting system, and the responsiveness for the player.

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake