Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake

Heaven Angel

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I don't have problem with the language, I think she spoke perfect English just with a thick accent. Its just so unpolished and hastily put together. Like when she says "Yuri sounds just like he did 17 years ago, I don't know how he does this?" Umm, by being alive?

It does look hastily put together. Not just the video, but the game itself. It is either laziness or incompetence as some other said.

6 minutes ago, adity said:

English isn't a foreign language in India, lol. Professional communication are like always in English. I won't dunk on her for it because its not really her job to get in front of a camera and give a speech. Could just be nervous. 

But let's not pretend that English is some alien language in India. 

Also, judging someone who works on a computer for a literal decades for typing like someone who has never seen a keyboard is not unfair. 

No matter how common it is, it is still not the mother tongue. It is not the language one grows up with. This holds true especially for developers where there is limited client engagement.

Edited by Sach4life

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I don't have problem with the language, I think she spoke perfect English just with a thick accent. Its just so unpolished and hastily put together. Like when she says "Yuri sounds just like he did 17 years ago, I don't know how he does this?" Umm, by being alive?

There are a few basic grammar errors. I don't have a problem with the accent.

3 minutes ago, Right said:

She is not representing “US”, she is representing the company she works for and if they are OK with the way she is representing them, it’s all good.

Of course, she is representing us. She even said that her team is an Indian studio.

3 minutes ago, Right said:

we seriously gotta come out of these stupid biases and stereotypes.

How is wanting your country to be represented well on the world stage a stereotype?

Of course, it is a bias because it's about my country, but it's not stupid.

Just now, adity said:

But let's not pretend that English is some alien language in India. 

Yup. If everyone here spoke like that, then nothing could be done about it. That would've been a true representation. But Indians do actually speak well.

And it's also not just about the language. The fact that they didn't even bother to correct it in a pre-recorded video is just unprofessional.

4 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

PUZBuqH.png

Dislikes are more than likes in some of the videos. Fanbase is not happy. Hopefully Ubi get the msg. 

I think remake was a wrong word to use here and the careless leak backfired.

Point is they couldn’t set the expectations straight in the first attempt.

saying is “if you are explaining, you are losing the argument”

Should call it a Quick Remaster and “attempt to bring the experience on newer consoles”

21 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

No matter how common it is, it is still not the primary language, especially for developers.

All the job interviews(including for developers roles) look for it. A quick search shows the lady in the video even listed English in her linkedin above Hindi in the languages she is proficient with. 

I am in no way mocking her for the way she spoke in the video. I am imperfect in more ways, an introvert and could have barely did what she did. I just don't see an issue with others thinking that she(as a Sr. producer with 13 years experience and saying how it is a big dream of her) could have done better and the team that put the video together could have done better. Most of the feedback is because of the crap trailer that preceded. 

Edited by Keano
  • Like 4

Just now, adity said:

You mean her interview in Mumbai or Pune was conducted in Marathi? Emails? Code? It's expected that you can speak decent English if you have some formal education. 

I mean sure, don't judge people for it but let's not pretend that's it's some rarely used language. It's common as hell especially in metros. 

I edited my comment a bit.

One can easily understand the language and still not be perfect while still not being grammatically perfect while speaking. Heck, i have seen many Americans being poor in grammar. I mean, someone coming from tier 2/3 cities won't be perfect in English more often than not, even if he/she can understand it. Just because someone is working in Pune/Mumbai, doesn't mean that person is from there.

Obviously, it is not uncommon. Never said that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

I was just having trouble if you are passionate towards the game or towards incessant nationalist chest thumping. 

I wonder what happens when an Indian studio gets to remake GoW trilogy and f**ks it up bad. I pray for Hope :console: if that ever happens.

DirtyNewJoey.webp

Making fun of English now :rofl:

That is crass. sh*t man. 

Indian Video Gamer forums this is and mocking,sh*ting n dismissing game made by an Indian Studio n even sh*ting on devs now. Waah waah :hi2:
Bhai Indian hai toh criticism se baksh do..? you have been sh*ting on devs from xbox side as long as I can remember..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hope said:

This isnt Raone level local game which you can diss it like that :P 

Hey, I had bought the game. Nobody should diss it because it was made by an Indian Studio. Haters just call it the worst game ever to be made in India. But the game was :majesty:. Why can't I find the Ra.One thread? Some of my gameplay impressions were posted there. Not sure if it was a game thread or a news thread.

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Plus listening to her was pure cringe.

Just out of curiosity, what made you cringe? If it's the way she was talking, I don't think it's fair to judge her accent or linguistic skills or whatever. Not cool.

-----

I don't get why "speaking proper English" is a factor in representing India.

Why should a script be needed? Let's get her honest opinion/thoughts as someone who is in-charge of the game/team making the game.

As someone said, it would be great if she spoke in a regional language with subs, but I guess Ubi didn't want that. It's not right to diss her for that. She's doing her job (which is NOT speaking professional-level English in front of a camera), and did well with whatever level of English she knows. Don't see how India is misrepresented by that.

Now, making a sub-par game in India, that's something we can all get behind as it does not do well to put India on the game development map.

2 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

hope sticking up for Raji while consistently sh*ting on indie bhindies :lol:

He is the Yin to Zodka's Yang on the forums :P has an additional incessant nationalist chest thumping trait 

30 minutes ago, adity said:

I was just having trouble if you are passionate towards the game or towards incessant nationalist chest thumping. 

Nothing wrong in either of them :)

26 minutes ago, Keano said:

I wonder what happens when an Indian studio gets to remake GoW trilogy and f**ks it up bad. I pray for Hope :console: if that ever happens.

DirtyNewJoey.webp

Now see this post lol. He could have said, an indian studio who does service to a great game but he goes negative :P Pop isnt released yet. Hold on bro. 

19 minutes ago, sobbii said:

Bhai Indian hai toh criticism se baksh do..? you have been sh*ting on devs from xbox side as long as I can remember..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Indian hai toh pehle indian hai yes. Hum pehle support karenge like Raji and look how Raji turned out. MS is f**king up so many times now so they deserve the backlash after letting down time after time.

If this studio is crap n makes crap for say 3 games in a row then people will automatically diss it. 

Not a single post to celebrate that an Indian Studio is making a classic for big publisher like Ubisoft :(

And this is Indian Video Gamer forums. Wow. Shame Shame. 

Edited by hope

I think a lot of people put value in a person's accent over the content. I think it's good to have a neutral accent but it's not really necessary.  Language proficiency does not equate to talent in any way. 

The typing part, that could have been avoided. The big takeaway for me on the footage is that the game looks bad, as of now. Alpha footage, maybe it will improve. It doesn't have anything to do with India. If they f**k up, it's on Ubisoft, just like any other game they develop in any of their studios. 

• Like 2

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake