Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake

Heaven Angel

1 minute ago, gamer_adi said:

What a load of bs...

You do know that she has 1) put English as her main language and 2) been working at Ubisoft for 13+ years? 

Should have stuck with Hindi but I guess that's embarrassing. ?

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

You do know that she has 1) put English as her main language and 2) been working at Ubisoft for 13+ years? 

You do know that her employers have known about the standard of her English for 13 years and they seem to have no problem with it?

Edited by gamer_adi

8 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Guys enough of this lol. Let's get back to talking about POP in general ?such a fun game

Too Bad this never came out ?

Sadly, the game never developed beyond that point. Instead the work on the pitch trailer was used to prepare a similar trailer for Assassin's Creed III for Ubisoft

“Sadly Ubisoft are generally quicker to cancel Prince of Persia games than others IPs because [as far as I know] original creator Jordan Mechner still holds license rights so the profit margins are lower,”

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

looks like re-skinned god of war. Even the music as well as the final shot is almost same.

still better than not getting a POP game at all :P

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Sadly, the game never developed beyond that point. Instead the work on the pitch trailer was used to prepare a similar trailer for Assassin's Creed III for Ubisoft

Ya that really sucks

9 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

I dont think it has anything to do with her being embarrassed about speaking in Hindi. Almost all the major companies in the world have expectations for Indians to be proficient in English and I see a lot of us do a really good job to keep up with folks that have English as mother tongue. 

It could have been better for her to have a script(that she herself could have written) or a teleprompter to express herself better. Many execs use teleprompters even when they have spoken English all their life. Makes the presentation look professional when the message is delivered in a cohesive way with minimal grammatical errors. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

original creator Jordan Mechner still holds license rights so the profit margins are lower,”

I did not know this. Definitely sways Ubi away from PoP in favor or AC.

Edited by Keano

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

People fib on their resume a lot Joe. If someone can communicate in a language then they put that up. Don't delve too much into that. 

I wouldn't mind if she spoke in Hindi, but then again, when industries invest in India that is with an understanding that the employees can speak English. 

Is it good English? No 

Passable? Yes 

And we are assuming that she gets to make a decision on what language to use, which wouldn't be the case. 

I saw someone compare with Japan, that's just not the case here. I'd like to go into the differences but it's a lot to type it out. 

Just out of curiosity, what made you cringe? If it's the way she was talking, I don't think it's fair to judge her accent or linguistic skills or whatever. Not cool.

-----
I don't get why "speaking proper English" is a factor in representing India.

Why should a script be needed? Let's get her honest opinion/thoughts as someone who is in-charge of the game/team making the game.

As someone said, it would be great if she spoke in a regional language with subs, but I guess Ubi didn't want that. It's not right to diss her for that. She's doing her job (which is NOT speaking professional-level English in front of a camera), and did well with whatever level of English she knows. Don't see how India is misrepresented by that.

Now, making a sub-par game in India, that's something we can all get behind as it does not do well to put India on the game development map.

She is from my cast/community, English is kind of a default language for us especially considering our mother tongue is not really spoken in daily conversation unless with parents or really old relatives. We are all defacto English speakers apart from Hindi. But lets not go there not judging her english.

The way she is fake hyping the game is what made me cringe. Like the way she mentioned omg his voice did not change, like voice does not really change you know. And all the other little things like this.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Just now, i_rock098 said:

She is from my cast/community, English is kind of a default language for us especially considering our mother tongue is not really spoken in daily conversation unless with parents or really old relatives. We are all defacto English speakers apart from Hindi. But lets not go there not judging her english.

The way she is fake hyping the game is what made me cringe. Like the way she mentioned omg his voice did not change, like voice does not really change you know. And all the other little things like this.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using 

The way she is speaking is exactly like the new Dragon Age video we got recently. But nobody made fun there :P

3 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Voice does change as people get older.

What would be amazing if a person can speak with similar pitch, using similar pauses: between words and sentences while keeping up with emotions the same way person did years ago. It is not unachievable, but would need practise...going through the dialogues again and again.

This is the point she couldn't convey. 

Voice does change as people get older.
What would be amazing if a person can speak with similar pitch, using similar pauses: between words and sentences while keeping up with emotions the same way person did years ago. It is not unachievable, but would need practise...going through the dialogues again and again.

This is the point she couldn't convey. 
You explained it really well, unfortunately this was not what came out of that video. It felt like she was actually surprised that people sound the same older.

That's why I said for me it was cringe because of the way she overhyped it not really because of her english being bad or something.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

What logic is this? Even Yves guillemot makes mistakes when giving out interviews in English and he is the owner of the company. 

Yes, he is criticized for it and so is everyone. I don't see the point in defending it. Just because Koul is from India doesn't gives her protection against criticism. 

Even on this forum during E3 and other events we have seen users talking trash when French or Japanese or any person messes up their English during an event. Nobody bats an eye. But somehow a person from India does, suddenly an army comes to defend. And some who constantly shite take about other studios, have 0 interest defending is pathetic. 

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Let's stick to the topic, guys. 

Let's talk about how sh*t the game is. 

Yeah, this kinda spiraled out of control :fear:

Anyway, I don't know if it's because I'm that starved for a PoP game but I still think the game looks decent. The character models are indeed crappy (especially that of Farah) but I can live with that.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

2 pages of crap about how she (whoever) spoke. I don't think how she spoke or what she spoke matters. Let the game do the talking. If, eventually it turns out better than expected, thats a feather in our Indian cap.

I want this to be good but looking at it reminds me of watching sh*t like motu-patlu on tv. We all want Indian studios to do well, put something out for the world to sit up and take notice. Raji does just that and it's a poster child for what is possible. This even with Ubisoft in the name casts a rather poor light on our capabilities. From what I've seen so far I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake