Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake

Heaven Angel

A huge rework is in undertaking I suppose. Judging by how the fan reaction was after the trailer. And if I'm not mistaken, I think the project has been overtaken by Ubisoft quebec or montreal shortly after.

• 4 months later...

Could release in 2023. It will mark 20 years since the original. Pretty good. 

Edit: Prince of Persia Remake is now slated for 2022-2023 release (so, April 1 2022 or later)

Edited by Joe Cool

• 6 months later...

Sad for our devs in India but I honestly didn't like anything about it in the first place. 

When a project is snatched back to the original team from any company's outsourcing team. It is considered a huge setback :|

But the silver lining is, it may just turn out to be better now. 

Lack of experience, knowledge and training. 

Inappropriate hiring...improper management. Not able to get skilled developers/artists thanks to unattractive and non-competitive payscale. Lots and lots of issues.

On 5/5/2022 at 11:34 AM, SaiKO said:

Lack of experience, knowledge and training. 

Inappropriate hiring...improper management. Not able to get skilled developers/artists thanks to unattractive and non-competitive payscale. Lots and lots of issues.

Ubisoft India never had the best facilities and skilled personnel in the first place. Previously they made only mobile games for Gameloft (acquired by Ubisoft)

Hardly anyone in India has significant experience in AAA development. Even there are, the pay will never be equal to the west just like any Indian branch of a global company. 

The expectations from Ubisoft are just low which drew criticisms from fans therefore forcing the withdrawal of the project. the RE remakes have set the bar for remakes high.