Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

"Anvil engine was made for large open world games, so its difficult to design a short linear game with it." 

Wtf does this even mean? Shouldnt a short linear game be easier to develop on it? 

Not necessarily. In Open World Games, because you have such a huge sandbox - you can keep on repeating assets and textures. For example, if you look at Origins and Odyssey, you will find that large swathes of land are essentially copy pasted (Desert in Origins and Flower Based Islands+Water in Odyssey). Assets have to be unique only in certain important places or absolute new areas as a change of pace.

In a Linear Game however, since you are looking at very linear progression and no sandbox, you need to keep on having new textures and assets - since repeating assets will be very much noticeable. So there is a possibility that an engine meant for Open World, might not be suitable for linear games.

That said, there should not be a massive degrade. Maybe this is just their art-style.

Note I'm not a coder/programmer,  and this is just my absolute novice opinion.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Nah I think the sand jar gets buried in the palace and you spend most of the game in and around the palace looking for it.

Yup. But that palace is not in India.

They take the hourglass from the Maharaja and travel to Azad to gift it to the Sultan there. The rest of the game then takes place in the palace of Azad.

When you see the side by side compare, the Remake actually looks quite decent,  but you should forget that we are in 2020,

Anvil engine has issue with Indoor rendering/Lighting, I quite remember in early AC games, characters used to look "having lost their details ", especially in the cut-scenes.

AC2 and ACB, both used to look fantastic during Gameplay and in outdoors.

Outdoor 

picgifs-assassins-creed-brotherhood-2299 

Indoor

tumblr_lvcms40h1o1r73c2mo2_250.gif

Edited by Right

5 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

AC: Unity had amazing indoors graphics. It looks better than many games even today. I played it a few months ago. Posted my impressions in the unity thread too. 

Should've said earlier Anvils....

Have Unity lying around, not even popped-in I think.... couldn't bring myself to play AC games after Black Flag.

Hey guys, i wanted your opinions on one thing that has been bugging me a lot since this announcement. What are your thoughts on Ubisoft using cheap Indian labour to create games. (they pay their game testers 16k per month, devs get 40-50k per month) but they don't give regional pricing on their games and expect Indians to spend European prices on their games. Do you think this is fair/ethical?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Hey guys, i wanted your opinions on one thing that has been bugging me a lot since this announcement. What are your thoughts on Ubisoft using cheap Indian labour to create games. (they pay their game testers 16k per month, devs get 40-50k per month) but they don't give regional pricing on their games and expect Indians to spend European prices on their games. Do you think this is fair/ethical?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Why blame only Ubisoft? Many corporates from multiple industries have taken advantage of our cheap labor however it is good for the Indian economy. As for regional pricing for games, use the same logic for IPhones. Since they are luxury products, there is nothing unethical about it. I believe that Ubisoft working conditions are humane and devs salaries are reasonable. 

Edited by Mysteryman