Game recommendation : A fun game to play with the wife

Root

I tried looking in multiple forums but couldn't find a thread to discuss or ask for game recommendation so created here. Please feel free to redirect.

The wife and I enjoyed playing Overcooked 1 & 2, been playing Fall guys too but its single player.

Please recommend some similar games for us on PS4

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by Root
added console

If you are fine with some action, try A Way Out. Single copy enough to play co-op. Absolutely fantastic. 

Spiritfarer is one of latest indie game. Very nicely done. 

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is another good co-op game. Very colorful and fun to play. 

Darksiders: Genesis was pretty solid co-op game too.

Diablo 3 has local co-op on PS4 and works amazingly well with controller.

Lego games are all fun in co-op.

Portal 1 & 2 are classic.

Guacamelee is good co-op platformer. Rayman Legends too.

If you have a lot of time and enjoy turn-based / RPG, check Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2.

All Trine games are simple and fun in co-op. 

Lots of co-op games you can play. 

• Like 1

If you are fine with some action, try A Way Out. Single copy enough to play co-op. Absolutely fantastic. 

Spiritfarer is one of latest indie game. Very nicely done. 

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is another good co-op game. Very colorful and fun to play. 

Darksiders: Genesis was pretty solid co-op game too.
Diablo 3 has local co-op on PS4 and works amazingly well with controller.

Lego games are all fun in co-op.
Portal 1 & 2 are classic.

Guacamelee is good co-op platformer. Rayman Legends too.

If you have a lot of time and enjoy turn-based / RPG, check Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2.

All Trine games are simple and fun in co-op. 

Lots of co-op games you can play. 
Thanks for the list gives options to check and select.

We have actually played A way out and enjoyed it as well however didn't like Harry Potter Lego much.

So will check others.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Breath of the Wild was the first game me and the wife played together and the experience will forever be one of the best memories of our lives.

We played a lot of Pokemon Go before picking up BotW as the game released shortly after we got married. Was perfect for both of us as she likes travelling and Pokemon and I like games :bigyellowgrin: We still play PoGo every time we go to any of the parks or a new city/state. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Until Dawn , if you like some suspense , horror movies. It's single player but the other person can watch along and help out during decision points. 

Some gore towards the end but not too much. 

This could end up being a horror story for him or her :D

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Until Dawn , if you like some suspense , horror movies. It's single player but the other person can watch along and help out during decision points. 

Some gore towards the end but not too much. 

I do have Until Dawn with me but haven't started playing yet. I don't think my wife will appreciate sitting ideal and watching me play.

Just now, Root said:

I do have Until Dawn with me but haven't started playing yet. I don't think my wife will appreciate sitting ideal and watching me play.

Until Dawn is a must play. Can be finished in one go. And even though the 2nd person gets to only watch, It's so much exciting.

My wife likes the more back-seat gaming experience. We played Detroit: Become Human together and it was a great time.

For her, it was more of watching a TV series, but she felt she was more involved than 'just watching' a series. She would yell out the QTE-based choices to make during the intense scenes. I'd ask her from time-to-time what she would want me to do. That made her more involved than a series. But it's less intense than actually playing the game, as she thinks she can't use the controller properly.

If you have a PS Vita, then Frobisher Says is an awesome game to play together, too.

If both of you are football fans (somewhat), then you can also play FIFA. My wife is neither much of a gamer nor much of a football-lover. So, the 2-button controller set-up works perfectly for her when she feels like playing FIFA for a bit. I keep my controls at default, and it turns out to be a good experience.