Game recommendation : A fun game to play with the wife

Root

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

There's actuually a YouTube channel called Girlfriend Reviews, which describes from the backseat perspective. Its pretty great. 

I just find her reviews funny lol

Especially for the huge open world games like RDR2 or Odyssey. Snoozefest if you're only watching, not playing imo

15 hours ago, Root said:

I do have Until Dawn with me but haven't started playing yet. I don't think my wife will appreciate sitting ideal and watching me play.

I played this all by myself and realised my wife would definitely enjoy it. So as soon as I was done I sat her down and got her to play. Oh boy did she enjoy it. Iirc she played until dawn (pun intended)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

My wife likes the more back-seat gaming experience. We played Detroit: Become Human together and it was a great time.

For her, it was more of watching a TV series, but she felt she was more involved than 'just watching' a series. She would yell out the QTE-based choices to make during the intense scenes. I'd ask her from time-to-time what she would want me to do. That made her more involved than a series. But it's less intense than actually playing the game, as she thinks she can't use the controller properly.

If you have a PS Vita, then Frobisher Says is an awesome game to play together, too.

If both of you are football fans (somewhat), then you can also play FIFA. My wife is neither much of a gamer nor much of a football-lover. So, the 2-button controller set-up works perfectly for her when she feels like playing FIFA for a bit. I keep my controls at default, and it turns out to be a good experience.

I do have a PSP which games would you recommend? But it can't be two player right.

Oh FIFA even I am not a fan of it. Everyone looks down on me when they visit my place and all I have is FIFA17 :D

4 hours ago, Root said:

I do have a PSP which games would you recommend? But it can't be two player right.

Never had a PSP and played only a handful of PSP games on my Vita. The standard GTA stuff.

The game I was talking about, Frobisher Says, has a 'pass-to-next-player' design, so 2-8 people can play it.

My wife really enjoyed kicking my butt in non-gory fighting games like Dead or Alive, Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter. 

For co-op experiences, board games are fun. Games like Carcassonne on Xbox  can keep you engaged for hours.

For a back-seat gaming experience, when you want to play and she wants to watch something entertaining, you cant go wrong with any of the Naughty Dog or Quantic Dream games.

All the best!

On 9/14/2020 at 10:40 AM, Pacifier said:

Until Dawn , if you like some suspense , horror movies. It's single player but the other person can watch along and help out during decision points. 

Some gore towards the end but not too much. 

True ....all the qd games and until dawn are fun playing alongside someone :good: