FINAL FANTASY XVI

Heaven Angel

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Reveal of more info Spring 2022 means its likely getting pushed to Nov-Dec'22 or even 2023.

Signaling further delay for FFVII part 2. 

Square enix got a massive library of RPGs so we may not outlive their remakes at this pace. 

Edited by Mysteryman
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...

I think because of the pandemic Sony’s usual well planned content release layout has gotten screwed. 

in 2021 Returnal & R&C released within months,Deathloop & Kena within days of each other.

This year Sifu,HorizonFW,GT7,Ghostwire all piled up on one another & had to see stiff competition from major titles like DyingL 2 & Elden Ring. 

Now GoW~R & FF16 both are staring at a Fall clash with usual big names that come same time. 

They can’t help it either as everything has been delayed to an extent that they just need to get it out the window. 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, AnK said:

I think because of the pandemic Sony’s usual well planned content release layout has gotten screwed. 

in 2021 Returnal & R&C released within months,Deathloop & Kena within days of each other.

This year Sifu,HorizonFW,GT7,Ghostwire all piled up on one another & had to see stiff competition from major titles like DyingL 2 & Elden Ring. 

Now GoW~R & FF16 both are staring at a Fall clash with usual big names that come same time. 

They can’t help it either as everything has been delayed to an extent that they just need to get it out the window. 

Ff 16 will move to early next year. Gow was delayed cause the guy playing kratos had an accident and was bedridden for a year. 

Noice, from what little we've seen, this entry does feel fresh, maybe because of the medieval setting. 

Also, faster they roll this out, faster they can add resources to FF7R 2 :P

It may only be me, and it might be a controversial opinion, but after looking at the quality of FF14's story-telling, I'm far more excited for FF16 than for FF7 Part 2 tbqh. If someone has to tell an excellent story full of twists and turns, politics, and things that will really make you feel for the story - Naoki Yoshida is the best person to do it rather than Tetsuya Nomura.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

It may only be me, and it might be a controversial opinion, but after looking at the quality of FF14's story-telling, I'm far more excited for FF16 than for FF7 Part 2 tbqh. If someone has to tell an excellent story full of twists and turns, politics, and things that will really make you feel for the story - Naoki Yoshida is the best person to do it rather than Tetsuya Nomura.

Well initially FF14 didn’t recd good reviews which was fixed later along with great Expansions garnering rave reviews.

As for FF15, it is a massive borefest with multiple DLCs to cover the plot holes. Abandoned after it is a commercial failure. Same for FF13 in terms of story and design. FF12 was the last great single player based FF game. 

Still keeping my hopes up for FF16. It is one of the biggest games. And great AAA games are getting rarer by the day. 

35 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Well initially FF14 didn’t recd good reviews which was fixed later along with great Expansions garnering rave reviews.

As for FF15, it is a massive borefest with multiple DLCs to cover the plot holes. Abandoned after it is a commercial failure. Same for FF13 in terms of story and design. FF12 was the last great single player based FF game. 

Still keeping my hopes up for FF16. It is one of the biggest games. And great AAA games are getting rarer by the day. 

Ff15 wasnt a commercial failure, it sold millions of copies. Approx 9.5 million.

Just that the time SE wasted on it may not have been worth it for them.

Edited by playstationdude

FFVerses13 was abandoned long time ago.

It’s not like they were developing it for all those 10 years.

It was later redeveloped under the FF15 label. 

It wasn’t really a failure as FF16 is using pretty much the same design. 
Wouldn’t have done that if it had failed to generate money. 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah XV is far from a commercial failure lol, its their fastest selling FF game. It just to them 10 years to release :P

Well they took about same amount of time (maybe less) to release 3 Tomb Raider reboot games that sold 38 million in total. 

Which according to them is a failure. So I dunno what FF15 would be. Definitely not a success. 

I bet they sunk more money in developing FF 15 than budget of TR reboot trilogy combined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Well they took about same amount of time (maybe less) to release 3 Tomb Raider reboot games that sold 38 million in total. 

Which according to them is a failure. So I dunno what FF15 would be. Definitely not a success. 

I bet they sunk more money in developing FF 15 than budget of TR reboot trilogy combined.

It wasn’t in development for the entirety of announcement of Verses13 & release of 15. 

They made 13,13part2 between the releases. 
And then repackaged it as 15.

FF13 games were not a success so they revamped the design & the package.

They wouldn’t have designed 16 on 15’s model if it would have been unsuccessful. 

From VGwiki:-

FF 13:- 7.7m

FF 13 2:- 3.6m

LR:FF13:- 1.2

FFXV:- 10m

& these are retail sales only,

digital wasn’t much prevalent in PS360 gen.

FFXV almost most certainly sold more than the entire FF13 trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

You sure about 38m? Because afaik Shadow didn't even cross 5m and Rise kinda bombed compared to first game because of staggered release.

TR reboot also had monstrous budget per game, first game costing $100M+ and that was on PS360.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You sure about 38m? Because afaik Shadow didn't even cross 5m and Rise kinda bombed compared to first game because of staggered release.

TR reboot also had monstrous budget per game, first game costing $100M+ and that was on PS360.

That's what SE told you.

https://www.ign.com/articles/tomb-raider-sales-1996

"Almost half of the lifetime sales come from the Reboot Trilogy alone."

Ff versus 13 aka ff15 has to be their most mismanaged project ever. Dunno how many times it was rebooted before the final version we got. Heck even the initial ps4  trailer  when it was rebranded as ff 15 is nothing like the final version. Nomura is a hack and should be kept away from the directors chair for any and all projects.