FINAL FANTASY XVI

Heaven Angel

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Ff versus 13 aka ff15 has to be their most mismanaged project ever. Dunno how many times it was rebooted before the final version we got. Heck even the initial ps4  trailer  when it was rebranded as ff 15 is nothing like the final version. Nomura is a hack and should be kept away from the directors chair for any and all projects. 

Waaat! In his defense, he was better known for his character design before getting into directors seat but 'hack' is a bit too harsh I think. Whatever concept he had for ffv13 was dumped and rebuilt by someone else for ff15. Nomura did have his say through KH though :D

He also directed ff7r, and that turned out pretty freakin awesome. 

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Well they took about same amount of time (maybe less) to release 3 Tomb Raider reboot games that sold 38 million in total. 

Which according to them is a failure. So I dunno what FF15 would be. Definitely not a success. 

I bet they sunk more money in developing FF 15 than budget of TR reboot trilogy combined.

I read that 38mil report too, out of which at least 9 mil was SoTR (apparently). It's successful but clearly diminishing returns compared to reboot and rise.

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Waaat! In his defense, he was better known for his character design before getting into directors seat but 'hack' is a bit too harsh I think. Whatever concept he had for ffv13 was dumped and rebuilt by someone else for ff15. Nomura did have his say through KH though :D

He also directed ff7r, and that turned out pretty freakin awesome. 

His character designs are mostly just adding zippers on everything. ?

Ff15 debacle is completely on him if he couldn't make a game for a decade. They finally got Tabata who cut most of nomura's stuff but shipped a playable game. He was also the sole director of 7 remake before they downgraded him the co-director status and changed the whole dev team and I personally am not a fan of all the story changes that have been made, esp the climax. 

Don't care about kh series but that's his baby right from the start and he's made it extremely unwelcoming for new players to get in and follow the story thanks to the multiple mob/handheld titles. 

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

His character designs are mostly just adding zippers on everything. ?

Ff15 debacle is completely on him if he couldn't make a game for a decade. They finally got Tabata who cut most of nomura's stuff but shipped a playable game. He was also the sole director of 7 remake before they downgraded him the co-director status and changed the whole dev team and I personally am not a fan of all the story changes that have been made, esp the climax. 

Don't care about kh series but that's his baby right from the start and he's made it extremely unwelcoming for new players to get in and follow the story thanks to the multiple mob/handheld titles. 

What do you have against zippers? :D

FFv13 was also changed mid development for the PS4 from PS3 iirc, it was to be bigger and grander than originally conceptualised thanks the new system was more capable. They had to rework the entire story, Stella was completely removed. Think he deserves some slack. 

3 hours ago, gecko89 said:

FFv13 was also changed mid development for the PS4 from PS3 iirc, it was to be bigger and grander than originally conceptualised thanks the new system was more capable. They had to rework the entire story, Stella was completely removed. Think he deserves some slack. 

The first trailer of the ps4 version is a completely different game compared to final. Check the video, almost every thing from it is gone. 

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The first trailer of the ps4 version is a completely different game compared to final. Check the video, almost every thing from it is gone. 

Umm.. The changes I see are only from the beginning of the game. That was done to accommodate the prequel movie, Kingsglaive. 

19 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Well initially FF14 didn’t recd good reviews which was fixed later along with great Expansions garnering rave reviews.

As for FF15, it is a massive borefest with multiple DLCs to cover the plot holes. Abandoned after it is a commercial failure. Same for FF13 in terms of story and design. FF12 was the last great single player based FF game. 

Still keeping my hopes up for FF16. It is one of the biggest games. And great AAA games are getting rarer by the day. 

Yoshida and the current FF16 Team were not responsible for the original FF14 (The flop). They came on board as crisis managers and started with FF14:A Realm Reborn. They started with a huge success.

Not just that - they made the events of the original FF14 a part of the mythic past of the story, which people now feel they should have been a part of, and did not sweep it under the rug and forget about it ( Like almost all devs do with their flops). Their story-telling has been on point, and improving with each expansion - to the point that in the last 2 expansions, Shadowbringers and Endwalker, the story is as good or even better than OG SE's FF6, FF7, FF9, Chrono games etc. or even compares to the best story in any media.

Right now Yoshida and his team (Creative Business Unit 13) are the blue eyed boys of the entire SE. If you want a new FF that has the glory of the original games - these guys are who you want to have in development.

While SE itself is under stupid management that's going after NFTs and all such stupidity - he's the last line in that company for quality traditional gaming and respecting gamers who love quality.

6 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Zippers and belts. Look at this sh*t..

FFX_Lulu_Art.png

:lol: 

And she looks fine as heck here.

Also whenever lulu shows up, most people don't look at her gown :D

15 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Umm.. The changes I see are only from the beginning of the game. That was done to accommodate the prequel movie, Kingsglaive. 

Hmm...the whole combat system has changed, the way the battle flows has changed. Cutscenes missing, Stella missing, characters missing etc etc. I only thing remaining is that a similar fight takes place in that area. 

28 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Hmm...the whole combat system has changed, the way the battle flows has changed. Cutscenes missing, Stella missing, characters missing etc etc. I only thing remaining is that a similar fight takes place in that area. 

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Ok, so Nomura stuff was meddled with by Tabata and later Tabata meddled with his own to fastrack coz development was taking way too long. Still don't see how this was Nomuras fault, don't think he has a say on which platform the game should release, wouldn't that be Sqeenix?

And I loved ff7r, had delayed playing it thinking it was same wine in new bottle. But surprised at how good it was, looking forward to the storyline changes too, they had already abandoned the original storyline with Dirge of Cerberus having no followups or news for over a decade. 

Edited by gecko89

• 4 weeks later...

Summer 2023. Was totally expecting it to come this year considering the rumors. That’s a long time for polishing. 

A single party member is a bit of a dampener to me. Looks like a direct sequel to FFXV. 

Also concerned about the frame rate issues in the combat scenes. Not really fluid. 

Yeah that release window means a delay for FF7 remake part 2 too.