FINAL FANTASY XVI

Heaven Angel

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Summer 2023, meaning we dont get FF7 remake 2 till 2024 atleast. KH4 is probably 2025 or beyond then:doh:

Games look great though.

Told you to expect this before. It's the first time since the PS2 days when we are getting a new FF without a 5 year delay. But expecting a release within 1 year is too optimistic. Expecting the un-announced FF7 Part 2 and KH3 in 2023 is just far too much optimism.

@AnK It does look next gen though. There are no other games of this scale I expect. If it's a proper FF Game, there will be a lot of massive towns, a lot of side activities, a huge World (With different biomes each time), tons of enemy varieties and a game that lasts anywhere around 60-100 hours easy. If it has all that, then this is definitely a proper next gen game.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

@AnK It does look next gen though. There are no other games of this scale I expect. If it's a proper FF Game, there will be a lot of massive towns, a lot of side activities, a huge World (With different biomes each time), tons of enemy varieties and a game that lasts anywhere around 60-100 hours easy. If it has all that, then this is definitely a proper next gen game.

Yep that’s why I already mentioned it could be because of Scale. 
It looks too good for huge open world game.

Summer 2023 is a perfect window too. 

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Loved it. looks like a M rated FF. 2023 is understandable given its PS5 only. 

+1, looks fantastic. 

Also, I got a very souls vibe from the game.  Any idea if the game is turn based or real time action ?

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

+1, looks fantastic. 

Also, I got a very souls vibe from the game.  Any idea if the game is turn based or real time action ?

Real time like FF15, see the trailer, it has some gameplay snippets featuring the main protag.

7 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

+1, looks fantastic. 

Not turn based for sure. No confirmation if it's a flat out character action title like dmc or something like ff 7 remake (most likely will be the latter)

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Told you to expect this before. It's the first time since the PS2 days when we are getting a new FF without a 5 year delay. But expecting a release within 1 year is too optimistic. Expecting the un-announced FF7 Part 2 and KH3 in 2023 is just far too much optimism.

Ff7 part 2 went into full production in 2020, it was already announced by the producer. Hence it seems pretty stretched out. Kh4 i do get is far off.

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Phoenix 

Titan 

Garuda 

Ramuh

Shiva

Odin

Bahmut

Ifrit

These are all Primordial entities from different Mythologies. :scratchchin:  

All are, even in FF15 the names used were entities of different mythological era. It was interesting to read about them. 

I can’t wait to start Final Fantasy 15.

Just few more games before I do(hopefully on a PS5 with 60fps). 

All previous FF games I just gave up coz couldn’t get around turn based gameplay. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Phoenix 

Titan 

Garuda 

Ramuh

Shiva

Odin

Bahmut

Ifrit

They are all old FF summons also, who look the same across most of the FFs

FF15 had these guys as gods basically :rofl:

It's missing the water dragon summon tho, he was a big part of FF15 one level where you visit your waifu's home kingdom

4 hours ago, AnK said:

Phoenix 

Titan 

Garuda 

Ramuh

Shiva

Odin

Bahmut

Ifrit

these are all summons from the old FF games and maybe had an inspiration on the creators but dont have much in common with their namesakes. For eg shiva in the games is a female. Odin resembles a grim reaper like charater etc

13 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

these are all summons from the old FF games and maybe had an inspiration on the creators but dont have much in common with their namesakes. For eg shiva in the games is a female. Odin resembles a grim reaper like charater etc

I wonder whether they will be the traditional summons doing one big attack and then vanishing or the FF7 Remake style where they are pokemon and fight alongside you for a while, then do the big attack.

They've ditched a lot of the summons over the years. Ifrit for some reason I've seen a lot more than others.

Would love to see Yojimbo and Anima from FFX, thought they were badass. 

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

You should play ff7 remake, thats the pinnacle of ff games.

I got this downloaded!  I really liked what I saw of the combat. (Reminds of me GOTG?)

is it okay to get into a franchise via ff7?