FINAL FANTASY XVI

Heaven Angel

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I won't be surprised if this gets extended. FF7 remake was supposed to be a 1 year exclusive but it has still not released on Xbox systems

I don't think there is any exclusivity with xbox in mind. What was announced with FF7R was exclusivity between PS and PC, and the game launched on PC a year later. 

Xbox was never mentioned even once, like other Square titles.

8 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

I don't think there is any exclusivity with xbox in mind. What was announced with FF7R was exclusivity between PS and PC, and the game launched on PC a year later. 

Xbox was never mentioned even once, like other Square titles.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Yoshi-P says that the Final Fantasy XVI “Revenge” trailer is all real-time & that the game will show the power of the PS5! 

“It’s all real-time rendering (the latest trailer) No loading! It’s become a game that is like, ‘Look at the power of the PS5!’” - Naoki Yoshida

The game is currently being developed exclusively for the PlayStation 5. Square Enix expects to utilize the console to its full potential, and Final Fantasy producer Naoki Yoshida has claimed that Final Fantasy 16 will showcase the power of the PlayStation 5. 

Not too long ago, Final Fantasy 16 received a Mature 17+ rating, becoming the first mainline title to receive this rating. The game is said to depict blood and gore, violence, and strong language, among other mature themes, leading to a 17+ rating. 

https://tech4gamers.com/final-fantasy-16-showcase-power-of-ps5/

Finally a mature Final Fantasy game with awesome fast paced combat, sign me up for day 1 

40 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yoshi-P says that the Final Fantasy XVI “Revenge” trailer is all real-time & that the game will show the power of the PS5! 

“It’s all real-time rendering (the latest trailer) No loading! It’s become a game that is like, ‘Look at the power of the PS5!’” - Naoki Yoshida

The game is currently being developed exclusively for the PlayStation 5. Square Enix expects to utilize the console to its full potential, and Final Fantasy producer Naoki Yoshida has claimed that Final Fantasy 16 will showcase the power of the PlayStation 5. 

Not too long ago, Final Fantasy 16 received a Mature 17+ rating, becoming the first mainline title to receive this rating. The game is said to depict blood and gore, violence, and strong language, among other mature themes, leading to a 17+ rating. 

https://tech4gamers.com/final-fantasy-16-showcase-power-of-ps5/

Finally a mature Final Fantasy game with awesome fast paced combat, sign me up for day 1 

Looks all right to me.

Is it really a showcase ?

Seen similar good looking games aplenty.

22 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Looks all right to me.

Is it really a showcase ?

Seen similar good looking games aplenty.

First large scale fast paced action oriented next gen only game, what the producer meant it'll look far better than it's predecessors, not comparing with other games. 

Showcase as in loading times, range of graphical upgrades and sorts. 

Trailers look promising to me and I have no doubt it’s going to look fabulous on it's own. Its not the greatest looking game ever made yet but it doesn't need to be.

10 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Trailers look promising to me and I have no doubt it’s going to look fabulous on it's own. Its not the greatest looking game ever made yet but it doesn't need to be.

Yeah graphics look good , AAA level.

It's just the old sales pitch they used to use with older FF titles when they were a cut above. Is getting tired now.

Would be far more interesting if he talked about game world or cities in the game. Or maybe explain combat system or why it's good.

To be fair up untill ps3 gen Final fantasy games pushed the visual limits on consoles. It was only during the ps4 gen they fell behind, mainly because of luminous engine and the ff vs 13 debacle.

After the way SE has treated Crisis core reunion I'm expecting good things from 16, fingers crossed.

41 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

To be fair up untill ps3 gen Final fantasy games pushed the visual limits on consoles. It was only during the ps4 gen they fell behind, mainly because of luminous engine and the ff vs 13 debacle.

After the way SE has treated Crisis core reunion I'm expecting good things from 16, fingers crossed.

Graphics are no longer that big a deal. I find a lot of AA games to have awesome graphics. 

How is combat in reunion? 

I saw some gameplay videos, had no idea what was going on. Gave me nausea.

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

It's just the old sales pitch they used to use with older FF titles when they were a cut above. Is getting tired now.

Devs use that pitch most of the time, yea but judging on what they've shown all these years and not on their words. 

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Would be far more interesting if he talked about game world or cities in the game. Or maybe explain combat system or why it's good.

They have spoken about those to media 

Final Fantasy 16 combat director previously worked on Devil May Cry 5

From turn based to action role playing

AI Driven Party members 

The Characters, Eikons and the Dominants.

Difficulty types: The game has two separate modes; a "Story" mode which offers accessories to simplify combat and strengthen the characters, and a normal mode which presents a greater challenge. There is also going to be a New Game+ which allows players to carry over their statistics and equipment into a campaign with increased difficulty.

You can pretty much figure much out most of it from Ambition, Dominance and Revenge trailers.

FFXVI World Map named Valisthea, you'll explore through segmented open areas across the continents of Valisthea.

final-fantasy-16-world-map-1243090.jpeg?

and the Jewel Combat System