Hogwarts Legacy

Heaven Angel

Which house will you belong to?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those who have been offended by her character, can stop consuming her media which gives her profits. Those who don't give a f**k about a person's character when consuming their work, can continue to do so.

It's as simple as that. If Einstein was alive and in his prime in 2020, he would have been cancelled to oblivion before he made any major discovery. Luckily world wasn't full of snowflakes then as it is now.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, adity said:

what the *bleep* is this, lol. So now if I say Jews suck, I don't deserve any reprimand? You have always had to measure your words when out and about. Posting something on social media is the equivalent of taking a megaphone and shouting your views in the busiest part of the city x 100. Not every opinion needs to be broadcasted. 

Some of you talk like you have never left the confines of your home. 

Like I said - proportional. "Equal punishment for equal crime" "Innocent Until Proven Guilty" - all concepts lost in this day and age.

Want to know how toxic the Cancel Culture is? People are writing Orbituaries and wishing Death on JK Rowling because of her Twitter Comment. That's how pathetic the community is.  As I said, JK Rowling has single-handedly done far more for society than these people can or ever will be able to do in their lives. She has literally given away 16% of her total worth to help people. Do you understand how major that is? For example, if your entire worth, including your life savings, value of your house and any and all possessions included is 1 Cr., she has given away 16 lakhs of it for free to help others. That's life-style changing stuff. It directly affects life-style. Liberal Culture has gone too far on their witch hunts. They will march, burn, bring down others, but not appreciate what good has been done. The same "Community" took up Amber Heard's case and made a media trial on Johnny Depp, despite him being completely innocent - as facts are coming out now. Know who stood by him when the whole world was against him? JK Rowling. She has her opinions and sticks to it. That's OK, it's her opinion.In some ways, admirable even, since she knows what she wants and does not bend to the whims of the mobs. It might be wrong - but it's her problem. You can disagree with it. You are also free to not like her. But wishing death, death threats, witch hunts, calling her entire life garbage - no, that's going too far. Thats' exactly what "People" are doing. It's pathetic.

These people send death threats, r**e threats to JK Rowling on one hand and then speak of Women's Rights, Human Rights and all other things on the other. I wonder, what kind of "people" are these?

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 3

Reprimand yes. Hatred no. Make these people coming up with dumb hot takes understand that they are wrong. Deconstruct their arguement.

Statements like “She is garbage” doesn’t feel right. 

If you say I hate JKR, she sucks, then maybe you are becoming just like her?

What gives you this right to assume moral high ground?

Edited by kmkaks

1 hour ago, kmkaks said:

Yup we are all forced to wear masks! What’s the point in this? All this pent up frustration from hiding is going to build up and turn to rage.

Disagreements should not turn to hatred. Labeling people based on 100 character statements must stop. 

We must try and understand every perspective, then deconstruct and then debate! 

Edit: I do not agree with everything JkR says, but I can never hate her. I will always be grateful to her for creating something special. Something that allowed me to escape from the harsh realities of growing up in this FD up world. 

What has this got to do with anything that is being discussed?

Just now, KnackChap said:

This is the tweet that started it all. Just saying

Oh and btw she was a liberal sweetheart before this controversy happened what with her going after dolund trump and his MAGA supporters on a daily basis. How times change. :giggle:

I don't even know that tweet means and what are the implications. Is she talking about women and they can't be called women or something?

@adity Johnny depp was cancelled immediately on mere allegations. He lost his movies and was vilified in media. I don't see same response when he has literally proved that Amber Heard was the one who was the perpetrator. This is why many hate cancel culture. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker said:

While all valid points you have to keep in mind a lot of these guys have active and rabid fans, in the case of JKR a lot of young impressionable teens and below as well. So yes what some famous people say does have weight and consequences. It's not that it was one tweet, it was the doubling down on it, knowing fully well the impact it would have. Woman's not exactly bottom tier intelligence.

This is the type of response that I expect from people, Walker. Now you(and everyone here in ivg) make me think and develop a perspective instead of shooting me down with hollow statements. This is what I expect.

Yes! Teach the kids to question her, ask her why she feels this way, not to throw shade and destroy her peace.

We can not take away the right of people to love or hate! This is dangerous for humanity. We will all but become husks then.

IMO, the worst thing we can teach our kids is to respond to hate with hate. Is it wrong to expect this?

Edited by kmkaks

26 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I don't even know that tweet means and what are the implications. Is she talking about women and they can't be called women or something?

@adity 

https://www.glamour.com/story/a-complete-breakdown-of-the-jk-rowling-transgender-comments-controversy

Hagrid sums it up

The man who played Hagrid is one of the few actors from the Harry Potter–verse to defend Rowling. “I don’t think what she said was offensive, really. I don’t know why but there’s a whole Twitter generation of people who hang around waiting to be offended,”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adity said:

f**king people keep bitching about cancel culture but everytime I have seen sh*t get cancelled, its always for some vile sh*t done by the creators. 

Want to tell that to Johnny Depp and the thousands of others who are not as famous and who cannot afford a lawyer and get punished silently without being able to raise a voice? Punishment due to mere allegations? It's her opinion. You don't get to send death threats, r**e threats over her opinion. That's a crime and not covered under free speech. Also you can't compare Catholic and Religious Institutions to JK Rowling. The Religious Institutions have killed, tortured gone into religious wars and many such things over history. What has Rowling done? Made a tweet about her opinions. Totally deserving death threats. Absolutely pathetic. Way to compare apples and oranges.

You also don't get to decide whether her good or bad is offset. You or I - we are not judges. We are not the law. We are nothing. We have no right to defame her personally or take law into our own hands as the "Cancel Culture" is doing. If we don't believe in law - soon enough our society will be like Syria, where only mob rule works until a dictator comes along, murders most of the mob and claims power.

Edited by roun90

19 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

@adity Johnny depp was cancelled immediately on mere allegations. He lost his movies and was vilified in media. I don't see same response when he has literally proved that Amber Heard was the one who was the perpetrator. This is why many hate cancel culture. 

basically trannies aren't women, that's the point she's trying to make i think.

for whatever reason, certain feminists are 200% mad at the tranny dudes that there are, Rowling is not the only one.

She has turned into the embodiment of this.

fk8IQ8LqUzKQandKUmAWyMYcL0Yqm578CxVNymqN

You could say she has gone full Kangana so to speak.

Can't believe tho 2-3 pages worth of replies of guys being mad at Rowling wtf :rofl:

I don't even like HP still came here to see what was the fuss about, like who is this "garbage human" everyone is talking about.

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Anyway, maybe we should stop this discussion here? It's getting political and is not relevant to the game. 

You mean the posts here are too left-liberal for your comfort, correct?

Call a spade a spade my dude.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Idk but hating an entire community for no f**king reason makes a person garbage in my book. Would you say the same thing if she said it for the blacks or Mexicans or Indians?

Did you read what Nixon and Kissinger said about Indian women? It was disgusting and super racist, yet, I do not hate him and the world has judged Nixon for all his bad Karma. I guess we can trust people without using hatred as a tool to unite?

Hypothetically asking, What if JK Rowling was abused as a kid by people of a community she grew to hate thereafter? Things are complex, not binary!

@Big Boss Pls don’t label any group snowflake, soy etc. You are doing nothing but validating their claims! 

Edited by kmkaks

25 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup! Twitter bullies(and people labeled as SJWs) just want to feel good about themselves, else they won’t go about blocking people with a different view and banning them from forums.

Their agenda is not to make the world a better place! 

16 minutes ago, roun90 said:

soon enough our society will be like Syria, where only mob rule works until a dictator comes along, murders most of the mob and claims power.

Sums up all communist and nationalist happenings of the past!

<damn> hypocritically political. Sorry.

1 minute ago, adity said:

I don't wanna drag this any further but any amount of justification can never excuse a shitty thing you did. Yeah like empathy and all that is fine but there are some places you just don't go. 

I don't even give a sh*t tbh but I don't understand the hoops people would jump through to justify her behaviour. 

I(we) are not justifying her, we are only asking for balance in perspective.

Look - Let's call a truce shall we? No one is going to convince anyone, and the only thing that will happen - we will ruin a perfectly good thread of a magical game. Not to mention - ruin the great community. Can we not talk about politics here anymore?

Let's talk about the game instead. I'll start - how do you think house sorting will happen? It would be boring if we just select it from a menu. You think there will be a mini-game that will determine our qualities for house selection? And how about house quests (Unique quests/story-lines based on your house) and class mini-games? Any confirmation if Quidditch is here? Would be awesome if they port Quidditch World Cup here whole-sale, just improving graphics and modernizing gameplay.