Hogwarts Legacy

Heaven Angel

Which house will you belong to?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

How do these fringe groups have so much influence in the Western media? Trans creation in a children game is out of line. 

I don't know about Chennai, but here in Mumbai, you see hijras a lot. Whether in trains or at traffic stops, you pretty much always see one. Children will encounter trans people any way. No use keeping them in the dark. 

• Like 1

Why not keep them away from opposite genders altogether if it's a problem to know about different sex 

You think that way coz you were raised that way 

Kept away from their existence or reality until you were an adult 

This is what causes trans phobia in society which should be let go off now 

They should be normally excepted (or their existence) just like the two other genders 

I don't know about Chennai, but here in Mumbai, you see hijras a lot. Whether in trains or at traffic stops, you pretty much always see one. Children will encounter trans people any way. No use keeping them in the dark. 

100% agree. Our schools lack sex education and gender discussions. I remeber a session on sex education when I was in the ninth standard. Obviously it was a big joke, even the teachers did not take it seriously.

1 hour ago, rushaboswal said:

Bro you'd be surprised how much this cancel culture people have affected games, movies and now unfortunately kids books too. 

Typical media blowing things out of proportion. Dr Seuss publishers are stopping publication of 5 books (out of total 60) which had some racist imagery. None of the famous ones though. You still can read Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and There's no place like Space :)

IMO these images (much likes the ones in Tintin) belong to an era where stereotyping was more prevalent because of the lack of cross-culture pollination and limited globalization. Now, no kid will believe these portrayals given the amount of outside exposure they have to other cultures. So, doing all these adjustments are just a way to correct where these artists faltered and nothing more. There is no "cancelling" going on.

Edited by WhatsInTheName
misquoted hsk

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Why not keep them away from opposite genders altogether if it's a problem to know about different sex 

You think that way coz you were raised that way 

Kept away from their existence or reality until you were an adult 

This is what causes trans phobia in society which should be let go off now 

They should be normally excepted (or their existence) just like the two other genders 

Ok. Yes But hormones or gender change should be kept of children. As we are referring to the cancel culture situation in the US where culture, beauty, gender etc is appropriated. I don’t think that it is right to destroy a person’s career or work simply because he/she has a different opinion (whether it’s true or wrong) and it is no different from a far right perspective. 

Of course people have their own choices what is considered right or false. However children and young teens are quite premature on such topics and make stupid decisions or undergo sex change by their parents. 

Edited by Mysteryman

1 hour ago, Mysteryman said:

This is one of the topics that should be taught at an adult level. You don’t enroll your kid at a school to get taught about trans, changing hormones, gender change etc. You know that kids will be playing this game and will ask such questions. 

I would gladly let my kid play such games and ask questions about gender. The whole point is to normalise the conversation and not put any taboos around biology and science. Much better than normalising pelvic thrusting around a female who clearly did not consent to it.    

Besides, the game is expected to be rated PEGI 16. Kids around the world (including India) are having sex by this age. We better hope they ask questions before go around frolicking and not after :lol:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

What's hormones & gender change got to do with knowing about different genders at a young age?!

I think you are mixing up two very different domains 

I or you from a very young age knew & accepted the fact there are two acceptable genders in society & as time passed we encountered a third gender & were confused so formed a phobia/ridicule in our minds regarding that 

obviously at a young age we don't get to know what hormones are & how they impact our sexuality or how we can tamper with it 

no one is giving away that knowledge when we get know about genders  

Well I am talking about the US. Remember those weird articles like sex changes to young children and regretting later, trans men in women sports and pampering to trans SJWs and memes on how the US is “special” from the rest of the world on such topics. So our opinion on gender and sexuality is different from that of US. It is a fringe group that is creating trouble or added no value to human life like round earth and vaccine deniers

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the senior producers @WB said last month that the game is not being abandoned and they want to make it right,

Avalanche stated in December that their will be an update in new year 

Plus there were a few listings for product localalistaion jobs, which means they are getting close 

I can live with the single takeaway from all this that at least the games not being scrapped for sure... 

• 1 month later...