Hogwarts Legacy

Heaven Angel

Which house will you belong to?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, roun90 said:

If you are going to talk about Save Transfers - why even bother buying the game now? Buy 6 years down the line - in next gen, when game will cost 500 Rs. People asking now are wanting to play the game now. Not waiting to buy now and play 6 years down the line in a next gen which no one even knows about.

Also, don't use RT unless you're on PC. What beautiful logic is this :rofl: Tons of people are loving playing this game with RT Mode, especially at Unlocked 60 FPS (40-60 Range) instead of playing at sub 30 FPS on Xbox.

Dude, seriously? You wanna discuss all this here?

I was being polite when I merely mentioned above save transfer on PS ecosystem. If you are building a digital library and have access to pc/xbox, that's the way to go. Backwards compatibility is full fledged, no compromise there. 

If you are buying discs, then yeah, PS version makes more sense, for collection or selling off, whatever you prefer.

As for RT, check all compromise you have to make. Resolution, FPS, noise in reflections. All these are compromised. 

You don't even get GI, an effect that cannot be replicated by old gen lighting methods. Just reflections, that too not on water bodies. Nobody would be playing on that except for checking it out of curiosity :rofl:

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

If you have VRR TV then balanced mode, if you have PS5 and VRR TV then RT mode. For rest, framerate mode at 60fps or fidelity mode at 30fps.

Performance RT mode unlocked on PS5 regularly dips below VRR threshold of 48 fps. No way it will feel smooth. 

40 fps mode locked/unlocked is best way to play if you have VRR. Else choose between 30 or 60 fps.

About 1.5 hours into this and yes, this game is awesome! Have begun exploring the castle and some surrounding areas, and the NOC dialogue is pretty good for me. Spell casting is decently intuitive and learning new spells isn't that hard tbh.

Facial expressions are a hit or miss sometimes, but that's fine by me. 

Hearing Hedwig's Theme almost made me cry tears of joy. :wub:

19 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Performance RT mode unlocked on PS5 regularly dips below VRR threshold of 48 fps. No way it will feel smooth. 

40 fps mode locked/unlocked is best way to play if you have VRR. Else choose between 30 or 60 fps.

40fps in RT is same as 40fps in balanced mode. Might as well play in RT mode because PS5 can hold that framerate.

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

40fps in RT is same as 40fps in balanced mode. Might as well play in RT mode because PS5 can hold that framerate.

RT mode is 30 fps 1440p. Unlocked it goes from 30-60 fps. Recipe for jitters due to VRR kicking in.

40 fps balanced mode is 1800p 40 fps locked. You can unlock it safely on Series X cause it's VRR threshold is 40 fps against 48 on PS5.

All this is basic, non refutable stuff. :rofl:

47 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

RT mode is 30 fps 1440p. Unlocked it goes from 30-60 fps. Recipe for jitters due to VRR kicking in.

40 fps balanced mode is 1800p 40 fps locked. You can unlock it safely on Series X cause it's VRR threshold is 40 fps against 48 on PS5.

All this is basic, non refutable stuff. :rofl:

Lmao you really have no fking clue about this stuff. Just stick to the vs thread man :rofl: 

VRR threshold is decided by the TV/monitor, not your console. Don't follow fanboy twitters and spread bullshit like that.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

If you have VRR TV then balanced mode, if you have PS5 and VRR TV then RT mode. For rest, framerate mode at 60fps or fidelity mode at 30fps.

I have VRR TV and PS5, but RT mode is not that preferable for me after playing on Balanced. Balanced is the best. Right resolution and texture details along with smooth frame rate gameplay.

• Like 1

And here's a video I like to call nostalgia + fan service overload. Watch it after you play, if you'd like to go in blind and experience it yourself. But if you don't care about any of that, watch this. And as always, playing this feels about 10x better than watching on YT.

Truly a breath of fresh air (pun intended, sorry)!

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Dude, seriously? You wanna discuss all this here?

I was being polite when I merely mentioned above save transfer on PS ecosystem. If you are building a digital library and have access to pc/xbox, that's the way to go. Backwards compatibility is full fledged, no compromise there. 

If you are buying discs, then yeah, PS version makes more sense, for collection or selling off, whatever you prefer.

As for RT, check all compromise you have to make. Resolution, FPS, noise in reflections. All these are compromised. 

You don't even get GI, an effect that cannot be replicated by old gen lighting methods. Just reflections, that too not on water bodies. Nobody would be playing on that except for checking it out of curiosity :rofl:

If you are playing BC - you might as well play on BC mode. Only difference is there is no smart download, that's it. As far as save files are concerned- for this game, there is no save transfer period. No matter what platform you are on. Saves are tied to the platform it was created on.

https://sea.ign.com/hogwarts-legacy/194304/news/hogwarts-legacy-will-not-include-highly-requested-feature

So the only advantage is Smart Download/PC version.

But that is offset by PS5's haptics and exclusive content. In other words, Xbox version will be missing some quests.

Also, we don't even know what the next gen will be like.  PC is the only system that will guarantee you full BC. No comsole will givevyou the guarantee,  simply because they are proprietary pieces of tech, unlike PC.

8 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Lmao you really have no fking clue about this stuff. Just stick to the vs thread man :rofl: 

VRR threshold is decided by the TV/monitor, not your console. Don't follow fanboy twitters and spread bullshit like that.

This is a snipped from DF article. Am I missing something here?

Most importantly, VRR on PS5 only works within a narrow window defined by the HDMI Forum's 2.1 standard, between 48Hz and 60Hz (on a 60Hz screen) or 48Hz and 120Hz (on a 120Hz screen). Normally a feature called Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) will kick in at frame-rates below the VRR window, essentially doubling or tripling frames to ensure that VRR remains active. For example, if your game is running at 40fps, then you could double that to 80fps to remain within the 48 to 120Hz range. On PS5 though, it's possible to drop out of the VRR window entirely, which can lead to judder and all the other symptoms that VRR seeks to alleviate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMonark said:

This is a snipped from DF article. Am I missing something here?

Most importantly, VRR on PS5 only works within a narrow window defined by the HDMI Forum's 2.1 standard, between 48Hz and 60Hz (on a 60Hz screen) or 48Hz and 120Hz (on a 120Hz screen). Normally a feature called Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) will kick in at frame-rates below the VRR window, essentially doubling or tripling frames to ensure that VRR remains active. For example, if your game is running at 40fps, then you could double that to 80fps to remain within the 48 to 120Hz range. On PS5 though, it's possible to drop out of the VRR window entirely, which can lead to judder and all the other symptoms that VRR seeks to alleviate.

This was at launch, since then we've learned that PS5 can hit 40hz VRR using LFC. This is how you get smooth 40fps in some titles with 40fps mode. On modern TVs it doesn't matter anyway, they'll double the fps if it drops below 40 using LFC, that's why you see their threshold listed at 20hz instead of 40hz. 

9 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

I have VRR TV and PS5, but RT mode is not that preferable for me after playing on Balanced. Balanced is the best. Right resolution and texture details along with smooth frame rate gameplay.

Man I want to grab the Deluxe edition for early access, but don't want to get the digital version. And physical is sold out everywhere :(

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

And here's a video I like to call nostalgia + fan service overload. Watch it after you play, if you'd like to go in blind and experience it yourself. But if you don't care about any of that, watch this. And as always, playing this feels about 10x better than watching on YT.

Truly a breath of fresh air (pun intended, sorry)!

How is the flying ? Clunky or relatively well tuned ?

Crazy, @VelivolusDas and other deluxe edition owners is creating too much hype man. I just didn't want to support this early access in singleplayer game shitparty otherwise I'd... have.. bough.... f**kkk :samui:

Let's just ban them till Feb 10 .. 

50 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Crazy, @VelivolusDas and other deluxe edition owners is creating too much hype man. I just didn't want to support this early access in singleplayer game shitparty otherwise I'd... have.. bough.... f**kkk :samui:

Let's just ban them till Feb 10 .. 

Tomorrow midnight unlock, only few hours to go :D