Hogwarts Legacy

Heaven Angel

Which house will you belong to?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hogwarts Legacy has sold more than 12 Million Copies in only its first 2 weeks

The Smash hit has already generated a colossal $850 Million in Revenue 

https://variety.com/2023/gaming/news/hogwarts-legacy-sales-850-million-1235533614/

Wow :thumbsup:

Imagine how Avengers would've done if SE didn't blew it up by making a live service game. WB did exactly how it needs to be done.

Sequels incoming! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

If you are not a big fan of Harry Potter stuff, then this game is pretty meh.. 

inventory system sucks, missions are repetitive… game world is empty except the school and market…

Could easily be a ubilol title with the amount of bloatware in the game.. 

Pretty much my impression. If you're not into HP stuff then its a pretty average run by numbers AAA game. It looks pretty though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Fp0mxLiWYAQD0Jy?format=jpg&name=large

- So I have finished my first playthrough of the game, have put 52 hours into it at this point and completed the content to 100% outside collectibles. 

It's petty much the game I've dreamed about since I was a kid.

- First I'd say the world is fantastic, graphically is one of the best open world games I've played since RDR2. The world is so well crafted and there was so much love put into it, it's kind of absurd. You start off in the castle, it's bloody massive. Instantly fall in love with the interiors. Walking through the halls and rooms in ecstatic, never did I feel that exploration is in any way forced. 

As soon as you step outside and take in the sheer scope of the world, it is positively jaw dropping. The world is ginormous and the developers found clever things to sprinkle everywhere you go.

- Gameplay I started on hard difficulty  However I did not find much of a challenge I was looking for. Combat is satisfying, the combos are rewarding as they should but the enemy variety could be larger, but it's not absolutely terrible, what's a bit of a shame is that you rarely battle more than 1 enemy type at the same time. Attack patterns of trolls and spiders are small and repeated, could get used to it in mere couple of hours in game. 

- The story is intriguing but nothing ground breaking, after character customization which is basic the game begins in a cutscene that you learn that your character can see traces of ancient magic which leads you on a path to pursue this calling without any proper background explanation. It slowly picks up the pace.

Side quest that was simply "deliver" or "find and bring" as it pointed me to places to discover, this is very much carried by the setting and the amazing world. Few of them were actually good like the PS exclusive 'Mind your own business' quest and especially Sabastian and Ominis relationship quests. I felt their storyline much intriguing then the main story or any side characters story thanks to @VelivolusDasfor explaining me proper background of Ominis Gaunt. 

- Flying is the best part in game, getting your first broom and taking to the skies feels surreal. You could fast travel, sure, but why would you when you can fly? Game places very few restrictions on where you can and can't fly, practically the whole world is traversable on a mount, it's amazing. You can take off from Hogwarts to the open world to Hogsmeade without any loading screens. So flawless. 

- Collectibles OMG no, there are around 1,257 collectibles which made me drop the idea of platinum this game. Remove half of the merlin trials and cut 70% of collectibles and it'll get an extra score. 

- Music and ambient sounds in this game fits great. it's well done. The voice acting is fantastic. Looking at the beautiful world while listening to the calm music is sublime. 

- Overall it's a good game for the ones who like magic and fantasy open world. This is well made game not only for Harry Potters fans, but for everyone who wish to dive in this amazing Harry Potter world. 

Fp2jw2tWwAI39dG?format=jpg&name=medium

The ones I gave up on were collectibles and playing as other classes.

Seems to be a GOTY contender for you since you wrote so much 

I am 10 hours in and the level of detailing in the world is excellent 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Man, the inventory limit is the most annoying part of this game.

26 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Just destroy or sell all items which don’t have special perks 

No, sell them. Fast travel or fly to the nearest vendor. You'll need money! 

• Like 1

Oh man just unlocked talents. f**k yes. This makes the game way more interesting. First thing i did was buy the revelio upgrade lmao. 

I'm feeling like I'm 45-50% through. Enjoying it a lot. They really need to improve loot next game. Not only do you not have space, most of the loot is junk. Very boring gloves and cloaks and all. So it's just nonsense busywork every 20 minutes of clearing your inventory. 

Edited by dylanjosh

14 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

The sales don't stop, apparently. :panic:

Not saying that Atomic Heart was going to break any massive records or something, but you get the point.

Why did they single out Atomic whatever in the title? It’s not like that was ever meant to be a huge seller 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:23 AM, CarbonCore said:

Pretty much my impression. If you're not into HP stuff then its a pretty average run by numbers AAA game. It looks pretty though.

Same impressions too. side missions are outright trash , collectibles are there every 100 m (Why even call them collectibles then?), too much talking for absoultely nothing, i might just drop this , or stick to main missions .

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Same impressions too. side missions are outright trash , collectibles are there every 100 m (Why even call them collectibles then?), too much talking for absoultely nothing, i might just drop this , or stick to main missions .

Good thing then I didn't buy this. I'm instead checking off Scarlet Nexus from my backlog.