Hogwarts Legacy

Heaven Angel

Which house will you belong to?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

How can anyone not like Harry Potter. That is beyond my realm of imagination....  :O

Even the most garbage HP movie aka Crimes of grindenwald is better than most movies. 

Would it be weird if I said I had only watched 3 movies? :fear:

Just now, dylanjosh said:

Don't want to be "that" guy but i found movies really lacking compared to the books.

Hopefully this game really translates well that feeling of going to a boarding school

Same. And frankly, after reading the books, I actually found some movies to be an absolute travesty. For example, Goblet of Fire, Order of the Phoenix (Non-Umbridge sections) and Half Blood Prince. They captured Umbridge to a T, but other than that - I found all 3 movies abysmal after reading the books. The movie quality is in an upswing though - especially with Fantastic Beasts.

But I'm super excited for the game. The last proper HP games I played were EA's Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. I also played Goblet ofFire, but that was a pathetic game.And I'm absolutely excited to play an HP game where you get full freedom to play however you want (Choosing Houses, Exploring, attending classes etc.) and not be stuck playing as Harry again.

8 minutes ago, Walker said:

Skip the movies. Read the books.

I know it might seem like a tall order but you won't regret it. 

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Don't want to be "that" guy but i found movies really lacking compared to the books.

Same.

7 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yes very weird. Go watch them NOW!!

Literally slept thru the second one ?

Maybe I should give the whole thing a try once again ?. Might score some points with the wife in the bargain.

2 minutes ago, Walker said:

Yes, you better catch up :P

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

How can anyone not like Harry Potter. That is beyond my realm of imagination....  :O

Even the most garbage HP movie aka Crimes of grindenwald is better than most movies. 

Keeping my feelings for Rowling reserved, I love HP universe. The books were some of the best creation of a universe I have seen, and I miss reading those books for the first time.

22 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Exactly, it does not. But punishment needs to be proportional to the crime. If people are going to reduce her existance to "Zero", then what will happen once they themselves are examined? Are they themselves "Perfect"? You know the saying - "Let he who is without sin throw the first stone". And she has done far more for benefit of others than people can do within a lifetime.

The right of speech, unfortunately, also confers the right to be wrong and the right to be stupid as a side-effect

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. However when you exercise the right to speech, you also should acknowledge that you may or may not bring your insecure feelings for all to see. And in case you receive flak for that right of speech then it is not the problem of others who express that thought. 

I am not apologetic for considering her a lowly human being. She meddled with what is none of her business as an author and got the feedback for that. I don't condone sending her death threats or ridiculing her in social media but I do have the right to point out that she has questioned the existence of people who choose to mid their own business.

The irony is, she has written a lot about how Muggles see Wizards as freaks and not accepting of their differences. Oh the cheek of her doing the same :lol: 

35 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

I watched first 4 movies and then stopped caring. The whole pew pew from wands just turned me off. I found it ridiculous. I might play this game because they have shown some cool monsters.

49 minutes ago, Walker said:

What do you mean?

What I mean is, they are forcing their transgender thing on innocent kids, even in schools. What's baffling to me is that those kids don't even look like they have reached teenage yet. If they were at least teenagers, it would have been understandable. I don't know how that is normal or acceptable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Maybe for fanboys. Crimes of Grindelwald was unwatchable trash, glad it under performed at the box office and WB stopped churning out a sequel for it. Fantastic Beasts franchise is worse than the Star Wars Prequels.

24 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I watched first 4 movies and then stopped caring. The whole pew pew from wands just turned me off. I found it ridiculous. I might play this game because they have shown some cool monsters.

Same, the third one is only good. Everything after that has been meh or straight awful.

LOL @ the movies after POA.

The first 3 movies are good, the rest are bullshit. All the books are great though.

My favorite harry potter game(so far) is Qudditch World Cup. All kids in our society used to get together and play Qudditch  WC for hours together, fun times!

22 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Oh God all these threats and rejections. These people are so immature and have too much time. Opinions have become so dangerous these days especially if you are rich and famous. One unpopular opinion and poof you are Hitler.

That's cancel culture and snowflake culture for you. People want everyone to be politically correct regardless of their talent or skillset.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

What I mean is, they are forcing their transgender thing on innocent kids, even in schools. What's baffling to me is that those kids don't even look like they have reached teenage yet. If they were at least teenagers, it would have been understandable. I don't know how that is normal or acceptable.

Ah got it.

46 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Oh God all these threats and rejections. These people are so immature and have too much time. Opinions have become so dangerous these days especially if you are rich and famous. One unpopular opinion and poof you are Hitler.

Yup we are all forced to wear masks! What’s the point in this? All this pent up frustration from hiding is going to build up and turn to rage.

Disagreements should not turn to hatred. Labeling people based on 100 character statements must stop. 

We must try and understand every perspective, then deconstruct and then debate! 

Edit: I do not agree with everything JkR says, but I can never hate her. I will always be grateful to her for creating something special. Something that allowed me to escape from the harsh realities of growing up in this FD up world. 

Edited by kmkaks
  • Like 1

While all valid points you have to keep in mind a lot of these guys have active and rabid fans, in the case of JKR a lot of young impressionable teens and below as well. So yes what some famous people say does have weight and consequences. It's not that it was one tweet, it was the doubling down on it, knowing fully well the impact it would have. Woman's not exactly bottom tier intelligence.