Jump to content

Hogwarts Legacy


Heaven Angel
 Share

Which house will you belong to?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Enjoying the game a lot so far. I'm not even doing quests just roaming around the castle doing those small puzzles, admiring the interiors and neat little details. Rockstar would be proud of the level detail honestly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Correct me if I am wrong but I feel game wants us to play only main quest initially (like 6-9 hours) or say until we learn how to fly and unlock these chests.

 

Otherwise it would be backtracking every area.

 

I don't know...game is huge but without having these things makes exploring less fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I feel game wants us to play only main quest initially (like 6-9 hours) or say until we learn how to fly and unlock these chests.

 

Otherwise it would be backtracking every area.

 

I don't know...game is huge but without having these things makes exploring less fun.

 

You can Fast Travel. There are Floo Network Points everywhere, even in World Map - so there's not much back-tracking. You get flying quite late, but there's so much to explore before that. So many side-quests unlock, that it's hard to just do main quests. Not to mention - many side quests give new spells too, not just the classes. The puzzles and collectibles are also quite fun. Yes, flying does make things easier. But there's no need to hold off on all exploration before getting flying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

When do I get the unlock spell? So many chests and locks i can see but can't do anything about it

 

For some of the chests, you can already unlock them. ;) I don't want to give you anymore hints. ;) Use just a bit of logic and I'm sure you will get it.

 

The game captures these 'Eureka' moments like these very beautifully. The thing about this franchise as a whole is to be a teenager and have that child-like curiosity. So, there are many things you come across (especially because the game is so rewarding when it comes to exploration). But you don't know how to solve them. But, think of what we'd do as children and just try a bunch of stuff and/or logic. One of them clicks and the sense of accomplishment is wonderful!

 

Simply put, the game DOES NOT hand-hold, which personally, I think is amazing!

 

Brilliant job by Avalanche!

 

3 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I feel game wants us to play only main quest initially (like 6-9 hours) or say until we learn how to fly and unlock these chests.

 

Otherwise it would be backtracking every area.

 

I don't know...game is huge but without having these things makes exploring less fun.

 

Not really. Until you unlock flying, you can pretty much sprint to the nearby areas (most main as well as side missions are within those areas) and as long as you reach the Floo points, you're pretty much sorted, just like @roun90 said!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hogwarts Legacy finishes Steam Peak at incredible 879,308 Concurrent Players

 

Stats

‚ÄĘ 8th Highest Peak Ever for Any Genre Game

‚ÄĘ 5th Biggest Ever for a Paid / Non F2P Game

‚ÄĘ 3rd Biggest Ever for a Primarily Single-Player Game

‚ÄĘ 2nd Biggest Ever for a Single-Player Only Game

 

PlayStation numbers should be above.

 

Avalanche and WB nailed it. Goty contender perhaps! That goes the message to every game developers and publishers out there. Make a good game without foul intentions and it'll get rewarded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, roun90 said:

 

You can Fast Travel. There are Floo Network Points everywhere, even in World Map - so there's not much back-tracking. You get flying quite late, but there's so much to explore before that. So many side-quests unlock, that it's hard to just do main quests. Not to mention - many side quests give new spells too, not just the classes. The puzzles and collectibles are also quite fun. Yes, flying does make things easier. But there's no need to hold off on all exploration before getting flying.

 

6 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

 

For some of the chests, you can already unlock them. ;) I don't want to give you anymore hints. ;) Use just a bit of logic and I'm sure you will get it.

 

The game captures these 'Eureka' moments like these very beautifully. The thing about this franchise as a whole is to be a teenager and have that child-like curiosity. So, there are many things you come across (especially because the game is so rewarding when it comes to exploration). But you don't know how to solve them. But, think of what we'd do as children and just try a bunch of stuff and/or logic. One of them clicks and the sense of accomplishment is wonderful!

 

Simply put, the game DOES NOT hand-hold, which personally, I think is amazing!

 

Brilliant job by Avalanche!

 

 

Not really. Until you unlock flying, you can pretty much sprint to the nearby areas (most main as well as side missions are within those areas) and as long as you reach the Floo points, you're pretty much sorted, just like @roun90 said!

Yeah I am talking about the world outside the castle. I belive that world is meant to be enjoyed once you have the stick.

 

Castle exploration is a different thing and depending upon your preference, you can start immediately though castle stairs keep sending me back (like nope you can't go). 

 

Guys on reddit are saying to follow the main quest until you get abilities to unlock chest and a broom (optional). 

 

I guess I will just enjoy the way it comes. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Hogwarts Legacy finishes Steam Peak at incredible 879,308 Concurrent Players

 

Stats

‚ÄĘ 8th Highest Peak Ever for Any Genre Game

‚ÄĘ 5th Biggest Ever for a Paid / Non F2P Game

‚ÄĘ 3rd Biggest Ever for a Primarily Single-Player Game

‚ÄĘ 2nd Biggest Ever for a Single-Player Only Game

 

PlayStation numbers should be above.

 

Avalanche and WB nailed it. Goty contender perhaps! That goes the message to every game developers and publishers out there. Make a good game without foul intentions and it'll get rewarded. 

 

What would happen when it launches for mighty PS4 :O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Which is first?

 

Cyberpunk 2077.

 

51 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

 

Yeah I am talking about the world outside the castle. I belive that world is meant to be enjoyed once you have the stick.

 

Yeah, I agree. Anything beyond Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and the Forbidden Forest, it's better to have the broom. These 3 are pretty accessible on foot.

 

52 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

Castle exploration is a different thing and depending upon your preference, you can start immediately though castle stairs keep sending me back (like nope you can't go). 

 

Yeah. This is a mystery for me too. And I'm about 21 hours in (on level 25) and still some of those stairs keep sliding me down. :ranting: I hope it unlocks sometime and doesn't stay like that throughout.

 

53 minutes ago, kaka_messi said:

I guess I will just enjoy the way it comes. 

 

Good decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

 

 

Which is first?

Apparently it's Elden Ring but it also has multiplayer so Cyberpunk 2077 takes the lead. 

 

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

 

What would happen when it launches for mighty PS4 :O

Game has already been released so sales will be just alright. we shall also see how good it'll perform on older gen consoles which will impact sales. On PC the game is barely keeping up with old models. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, kaka_messi said:

 

Yeah I am talking about the world outside the castle. I belive that world is meant to be enjoyed once you have the stick.

 

Castle exploration is a different thing and depending upon your preference, you can start immediately though castle stairs keep sending me back (like nope you can't go). 

 

Guys on reddit are saying to follow the main quest until you get abilities to unlock chest and a broom (optional). 

 

I guess I will just enjoy the way it comes. ?

There are tons and tons of Floo Networks even outside the castle. It's littered throughout the World Map (Outside Hogwarts and Hogsmeade). There's really no need to hold back. Oh yeah - just like in Elder Scrolls or Elden Ring - you'll stumble upon random dungeons, random puzzles and random quests out in the World Map too (Along with Floo Networks nearby of course) - if you're walking too, so you don't need to hold back on exploration. Exploration is very smooth and rewarding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...