God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

Namokar ka toh aur bhi bura kata iska matlab. 1 lakh ka ps5 without warranty lene ke baad bhi Sharma ji ka beta gow r base PS4 pe khel payega!!

Jain not Sharma

12 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

It is run by gamers 

Jim Ryan just doesnt like playing old games :rofl: . 

14 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

It is run by gamers 

Jim Ryan just doesnt like playing old games :rofl: . 

That's good, because Jim Ryan got us more new games than his competitors

21 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

It was, just like Titanfall and FH2. 

They were 8th year titles 

Titanfall was totally unplayable on 360 

Funny thing is both Titanfall & ROTR were ported on 360 by Bluepoint games 

& the main teams didn’t even consider it as an important thing 

80 million 360 devices were out there & they hardly sold either of the games on that system to warrant holding back of the next gen ports 

which were competing with games like Bloodborne & Uncharted 4 on PS4 

Crossgen this late in the day has never proven to be of any use 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

That's good, because Jim Ryan got us more new games than his competitors

Just now, KrIzAliD said:

That too in launch year... 

Yes there is no dispute in that 

the system compatibility of PS4-5 unlike PS3-4 has opened many doors which were closed last time around 

When I bought PS4 I was stuck with very little options & left so many behind 

Today when someone upgrades that’s not the case 

which is a good thing 

16 minutes ago, AnK said:

That was 7th year 

Just like TLOU which was fairly common up until now 

9th year is pushing it a lot 

Though in @radicaldude ‘s defence we have!! seen Crossgen games like Splinter Cell Double Agent which were completely different games from ground up on next gen & last gen 

That category of games can’t be labelled as Crossgen 

But in this case & in today’s age that sort of thing happening is highly unlikely   

https://gamerant.com/horizon-forbidden-west-feel-grass-dualsense-haptic-feedback-ps5/

Im sure gow r would fully use the haptics as well. The news article clearly points to the fact that these cross gen ps5 titles would use most (if not all) features of the ps5 that differentiates it from other consoles. 

Also, what do people generally expect when they think of a ps5 title I wonder. Most members here expect 4k 60 and faster loading times. That's it. Im sure both these games would support 4k 60 atleast in the ps5 version. That's the bare minimum for any title that comes out in 2022. As @SaiKO has said, lines are slowly blurring. If you take out the ssd and haptics, I'm sure all next gen games (on the PS4) would look like how on the pc, games look like when GFX are toned down. 

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

MS is FALD, SONY is OLED

At least FALD is safe. Yaha toh Sony lit a torch right down their fan-boi's bums (burn-in) :giggle:

homer simpson omg GIF

Edited by Jigsaw

Xbots ke bum mai kabhi nahi lagegi aag 

I have observed this in many years 

No way they’ll agree something wrong done by M$ 

& I’m talking about original fanboys 

not the ones GamesPass attracted 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

Xbots ke bum mai kabhi nahi lagegi aag 

I have observed this in many years 

No way they’ll agree something wrong done by M$ 

& I’m talking about original fanboys 

not the ones GamesPass attracted 

No need to bring console warring here... unless you want to take a 1 week vacation

Just now, Snake said:

No need to bring console warring here... unless you want to take a 1 week vacation

Lol I was just replying to Jigsaw’s post 

had no intention to start that debate 

Yes, but imagine the possibilities here. 

Let's say if Horizon Zero Dawn 2 could bring out the aerial mountable and aerial dogfight in the game mechanism if its only on ps5, as ps5 has faster loadtimes, data streaming, these could work splendidly. These mechanism won't be possible on ps4. And as game need to be same on both platforms due to preserving the parity, devs will be limited interms of implementing any new outlandish mechanisms. 

So I would still say games will be held back to some extent because of old gen console. But that's only what I think personally.

1 hour ago, SaiKO said:

The scope of the game will be limited, yes. 

Frankly, at this point it's more like a PC graphical settings for these games. PS4 being the dumbed down version, graphically. Where ps5 will have all the bells and whistles.

But yes, if it's ONLY PS5, then devs can basically have more headroom for pushing the limit, now they have to restrict themselves in alot of areas. 

It's just 1-2 years this might happen, after than the actual games which are being developed with new gen in mind wont be able to support the old gen anymore, nor that gonna be feasible.

Now, Sony just want money from that huge userbase that is on PS4.

1 minute ago, SaiKO said:

Let's say if Horizon Zero Dawn 2 could bring out the aerial mountable and aerial dogfight in the game mechanism if its only on ps5, as ps5 has faster loadtimes, data streaming, these could work splendidly. These mechanism won't be possible on ps4. And as game need to be same on both platforms due to preserving the parity, devs will be limited interms of implementing any new outlandish mechanisms. 

So I would still say games will be held back to some extent because of old gen console. But that's only what I think personally.

How would a racing title get impacted? If you remove haptics and SSD, leaving the graphics both versions should play similarly 

Nothing says you need feature parity tbh. Games have cut features out of last gen games before. For eg no Nemesis system in 360 version of Mordor.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

SaiKO said the literal opposite of that lol. 

Haptics is a very minor differentiator. It's more of a gimmick imo. 

Yes and no tbh.

For now these games will only have graphical difference. As new mechanism is not gonna be possible what I said in above post.

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Nothing says you need feature parity tbh. Games have cut features out of last gen games before. For eg no Nemesis system in 360 version of Mordor.

Yep that one was again a very big example of Games becoming somewhat completely different on Next Gen 

Yes and no tbh.

For now these games will only have graphical difference. As new mechanism is not gonna be possible what I said in above post.

Devs need time with the system as well. You can't expect them to exploit all the features of the next gen from year 1 itself. That's why early titles are more cross gen friendly. 

The difference between games that come out in the first year of the console and those which come out in the last year is substantial. 

The order 1886 v/s TLOU2  level difference. (In terms of graphics and gameplay) 

5 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Also I remember a COD Black ops game not having a campaign in X360 and a completely different Ghost Recon advanced warfighter back on Ps2. 

To me, this announcement is like the nail in Sony’s coffin. I dreamt of seamless and creative traversal between realms and actual next gen design but there is no way that is going to be possible in a cross gen game. I am not renewing ps plus.

Edit: I don’t expect Sony to stoop so low as to make differently designed ports. That will be the worst thing, as it could lead to different experiences which is unacceptable for a behemoth like God of War but then again things have been downhill since their move to California.

Edited by kmkaks

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic