God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

9 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Devs need time with the system as well. You can't expect them to exploit all the features of the next gen from year 1 itself. That's why early titles are more cross gen friendly. 

The difference between games that come out in the first year of the console and those which come out in the last year is substantial. 

The order 1886 v/s TLOU2  level difference. (In terms of graphics and gameplay) 

he is a Dev…

I agree with the opinion that a cross gen game reduces the scope of the game by cutting out features/ideas that are possible only on PS5. 

I don’t think that they will go that far by splitting features between PS4 and PS5 as people will say that PS4 is the inferior version and PS5 is the true exclusive. 

Just now, DovaKhiin said:

This one's coming to PC right?

First the First one will 

which hasn’t been announced yet 

I guess if Uncharted 4 is a success 

you can expect that 

But this one is not coming to PC as of now 

This GoW news is a little disappointing for sure, but nothing to lose sleep over. This is one of PS Studios we're talking about, I'm optimistic it'll turn out just fine.

In the mean time, there are games like RnC and Returnal to scratch that next gen itch of the few. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Nothing says you need feature parity tbh. Games have cut features out of last gen games before. For eg no Nemesis system in 360 version of Mordor.

yes, but not the aerial dogfight features or stuffs like aerial mountable by which you can basically freeroam the huge map or stuff like that....big feature like this changes the game completely. 

Im not saying that these aren't possible entirely, it is possible, but with alot of compromises and not gonna be seamless. Similar to upcoming Rachet and Clank RiftApart. The game has the instant world jump that could be only possible with faster data streaming.

Edited by SaiKO

But by the end, despite of the argument that if old gen is holding back new gen or not. It is great that the games are coming out on ps4 too. Because atleast now people who doesn't have the new gen won't be missing out on these games. 

But on flipside, there's not gonna be much incentive to get ps5 now for many people.

20 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

This GoW news is a little disappointing for sure, but nothing to lose sleep over. This is one of PS Studios we're talking about, I'm optimistic it'll turn out just fine.

In the mean time, there are games like RnC and Returnal to scratch that next gen itch of the few. 

Actually GT7 is kinda more disappointing 

it puts all the rest of the games already confirmed as PS5 or timed exclusives under a big scanner 

FF16 wasn’t really looking to be ground breakingly next gen to begin with 

Also pretty much makes 1 year exclusivity of Deathloop & Ghostwire in particular even more doubtful 

As advertising & marketing has little meaning left after this 

Edited by AnK
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Yeah quite likely it will turn out great, just not as great as it could have been. And that's what all the hue and cry is about. 

56 minutes ago, AnK said:

Actually GT7 is kinda more disappointing 

it puts all the rest of the games already confirmed as PS5 or timed exclusives under a big scanner 

FF16 wasn’t really looking to be ground breakingly next gen to begin with 

Also pretty much makes 1 year exclusivity of Deathloop & Ghostwire in particular even more doubtful 

As advertising & marketing has little meaning left after this 

Hopefully things would change post  the next state of play and E3 where more exclusives might be revealed. Btw I don't see how gt7 coming to PS4 would drastically reduce what the team at polyphony digital wanted to achieve with this iteration of the game anyways. Remember the time when some titles got simultaneous Psp launches? Third party Aaa titles  get ported to underpowered switch all the time. Maybe the ps5 version will still have additional physical not possible sans an SSD. 

Ps- no one is talking about another supposed exclusive bioshock, that dropped out of the blue. 

I don’t know it’s just not right on Sony’s part to reveal these things in a year’s gap 

They revealed Spider-Man MM & Horizon FW but only during PS5 launch revealed them to be PS4 Crossgen 

GT7 was literally labelled as PS5 only
But now they are spilling out PS4 version 

Promoting Crossgen is one thing but the way they are doing it in steps makes it feel like they are fooling ppl into believing that PS5 is having all this pool of games & you need to adapt to it as early as possible & the shortages makes one to jump in ASAP too 

I’m sure ppl who love fidelity will buy it irrespective for the better version 

so why stoop this low needlessly 

They are definitely loosing some of the trust they had to earn back during PS3-PS4 transition 

M$ on the other hand is winning gamers left right & centre be it whatever means 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, AnK said:

I don’t know it’s just not right on Sony’s part to reveal these things in a year’s gap 

They revealed Spider-Man MM & Horizon FW but only during PS5 launch revealed them to be PS4 Crossgen 

GT7 was literally labelled as PS5 only
But now they are spilling out PS4 version 

Promoting Crossgen is one thing but the way they are doing it in steps makes it feel like they are fooling ppl into believing that PS5 is having all this pool of games & you need to adapt to it as early as possible & the shortages makes one to jump in ASAP too 

I’m sure ppl who love fidelity will buy it irrespective for the better version 

so why stoop this low needlessly 

They are definitely loosing some of the trust they had to earn back during PS3-PS4 transition 

M$ on the other hand is winning gamers left right & centre be it whatever means 

Maybe Cory Barlog would not have agreed to this simultaneous PS4 launch if it would not have suited his creative vision. Also I think if there is a big backlash against this move, maybe revert back to the original ps5 exclusive tag 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Maybe Cory Barlog would not have agreed to this simultaneous PS4 launch if it would not have suited his creative vision. Also I think if there is a big backlash against this move, maybe revert back to the original ps5 exclusive tag 

Just stop, please. You are not helping Sony's case.

It was a business decision, fine. Everybody gets it, no need to bend over backwards to justify it.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

GoW was never mentioned to be PS4 or PS5 

See the chain of events is what raises questions here 

Jim says we believe in generations & will focus on PS5 going forth 

Miles Morales,GT7 & Forbidden West are revealed with mention of “Running on PS5” & “Made for Next Gen”

When they announce release window they announce two as Crossgen Titles & one still remains labelled as Next Gen only this time officially with “PS5 exclusive”

Now when 1 is out & other is being promoted as the next big holiday selling point 

The third is being revealed as Crossgen & not in any official teaser,trailer or promo but just in a casual chit chat on your own blog 

Ppl who don’t follow will still remain under the impression that they can’t play the next big GranTurismo on PS4 

GoW also is revealed to be Crossgen in the same way 

It’s can’t be like all of these titles had a change of plan/heart midway 

It’s the messaging that raises questions on intent 

Edited by AnK

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

GoW was never mentioned to be PS4 or PS5 

See the chain of events is what raises questions here 

Jim says we believe in generations & will focus on PS5 going forth 

Miles Morales,GT7 & Forbidden West are revealed with mention of “Running on PS5” & “Made for Next Gen”

When they announce release window they announce two as Crossgen Titles & one still remains labelled as Next Gen only this time officially with “PS5 exclusive”

Now when 1 is out & other is being promoted as the next big holiday selling point 

They third is being revealed as Crossgen & not in any official teaser,trailer or promo but just in a casual chit chat on your own blog 

Ppl who don’t follow will still remain under the impression that they can’t play the next big GranTurismo on PS4 

GoW also is revealed to be Crossgen in the same way 

It’s the messaging that raises questions on intent 

Do we have a definite date/window of launch for both these games? 

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic