God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

On 9/17/2021 at 4:38 PM, AnK said:

Well as I already said 

this set up would grant them another set of games based on the Egyptian universe with a younger Kratos as the lead 

Also his Greek look was a bit more apt for Egyptian setting rather than current 

After these set of games they probably would want to get rid of Kratos themselves as three-four more games are the max they can go with him anyway 

& about the Cory Barlog project ,it could be something entirely new or he could carry forward The Loki Saga in an entirely new design & IP …..leading up to death of Odin & Asgardians (right after Ragnarok while other team creates the Egyptian world in same tried & tested design)

Would be pretty interesting to see the actual Ragnarok from the hands of Loki & his many children instead of just imagining it after the death of Kratos & End of the series with his timeline 

I hope they don't kill off Kratos. No one particularly cares for Loki and I don't think that's going to change with the next game.

7 hours ago, AnK said:

But aren’t the mo caps used in story & cutscene sequences the most important & requires the actors 100%. 

Motions & actions technically could have been done with somebody else. 

But anyway ,the director & creative know best & I’m just layman assuming stuff.

Yep! Even for the first game, the animations like getting into the boat etc. was actually done by some woman.

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

Yep! Even for the first game, the animations like getting into the boat etc. was actually done by some woman.

Yep, that’s what I was wondering 

animations,motions & action related mo cap can practically be done by anyone else till the time the Actor is not ready & 100% 

Obviously in special cases these things happen in movies too.

But anyway as I said,director knows best & they probably used the time to polish the design which couldn’t have been done due to Pandemic.

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

I hope they don't kill off Kratos. No one particularly cares for Loki and I don't think that's going to change with the next game.

Kratos has given 3 games as a trilogy 

1 game as Spin off 

& 2 as handheld siblings 

2 games as reboot & I doubt the team can get much more creative with him than this. 

Every character should be given rest after these many stories told about him. 

5 hours ago, RV1709 said:

Glad he is okay and has recovered. If anyone has a problem with that, they should just step out, touch grass and log off for a bit 

OT: MW is $30 on battle.net

3 hours ago, AnK said:

animations,motions & action related mo cap can practically be done by anyone else till the time the Actor is not ready & 100% 

But anyway as I said,director knows best & they probably used the time to polish the design which couldn’t have been done due to Pandemic.

1 game as Spin off 

& 2 as handheld siblings 

2 games as reboot & I doubt the team can get much more creative with him than this. 

Plus he's been "killed" many times :rofl:

Like most GoWs include a trip to hades at some point.

2 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Plus he's been "killed" many times :rofl:

Like most GoWs include a trip to hades at some point.

Being “killed” aside 

there is only so much story that he can be tied to 

It’ll start looking stupid if they create more relatives of his to unfold more stories 

This should be the end for him & Loki or Tyr~ should cary forward the franchise if they intend to make more games 

12 hours ago, AnK said:

1 game as Spin off 

& 2 as handheld siblings 

> Every character should be given rest after these many stories told about him. 

Why lol?

>I doubt the team can get much more creative with him than this. 

Bet you thought the same after Ascension came out.

Just because there's no precedence doesn't mean they should retire the character. People want Kratos to tackle different pantheons. And there's no reason why he shouldn't continue doing that. Except for the fact that Cory probably doesn't want to spend the rest of his life making God of War games. Dude is making his own new IP anyway.

Visiting each Pantheon is all nice & great conceptually but if we give it a closer look,rather than the lore of those pantheons the focus has always been about Kratos’s complicated blood relations & how he deals with them at different point of time,differencely so depending on what age he is crossing. 

Mostly like Normal humans do & that’s what is so relatable about him that brings in those emotions from fans. 

I mentioned this earlier aswell that he will be finally given rest at the hands of Thor (explaining the mural & unleashing of true power of Loki) & maybe they can add a spin off,off of the fact that mayor he visited the Egyptian realms before he ended up in Greek. 

But then again,that chapter would have to be purely about that realm’s lore & they shouldn’t add more complex relations on Kratos’s life,as that’s already been done enough times for ppl to care again. 

Edited by AnK

> Visiting each Pantheon is all nice & great conceptually but if we give it a closer look,rather than the lore of those pantheons the focus has always been about Kratos’s complicated blood relations & how he deals with them at different point of time,differencely so depending on what age he is crossing. 

Only in the reboot. In the original games, Kratos's past and his connection to Zeus was just an excuse to f**k up everyone and make the fights more juicy.

> I mentioned this earlier aswell that he will be finally given rest at the hands of Thor (explaining the mural & unleashing of true power of Loki) & maybe they can add a spin off,off of the fact that mayor he visited the Egyptian realms before he ended up in Greek. 

Doubt it. He might get killed but that'll probably take him to Valhalla or something. Cory's way too smart to have such a cliche and unnecessary ending.

22 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Only in the reboot. In the original games, Kratos's past and his connection to Zeus was just an excuse to f**k up everyone and make the fights more juicy.

-First Game was about his Wife & Daughter out & out

-Second Game was about his complicated relationship with his Father (& Sister in a way)

-Chains Of Olympus again became about his daughter & how he had to leave her behind 

-Third Game was about his numerous relatives he killed one by one along with his emotional bonding with Pandora & how he tried to protect her.

-Ghost of Sparta was through & through about his mother & brother 

Ascension was the only game which didn’t have any protagonist relationship depth but rather between Fury, her Son & his father Ares.

(we know how that ended) 

It was always about his complex relationships through & through 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

-First Game was about his Wife & Daughter out & out

-Second Game was about his complicated relationship with his Father (& Sister in a way)

-Chains Of Olympus again became about his daughter & how he had to leave her behind 

-Third Game was about his numerous relatives he killed one by one along with his emotional bonding with Pandora & how he tried to protect her.

-Ghost of Sparta was through & through about his mother & brother 

Ascension was the only game which didn’t have any protagonist relationship depth but rather between Fury, her Son & his father Ares.

(we know how that ended) 

It was always about his complex relationships through & through 

Like I said, in most of these games, the plot was just an excuse for Kratos to f**k sh*t up. Ascension was the game that delved the deepest into Kratos's nightmares and personal demons and that game failed because the bosses and fights weren't 'epic enough'.

Cory himself said during the GDC conference that before the reboot, the devs were always thinking about how to make the games bigger and more epic. That was always the core and main selling point of the series. The plot was always an afterthought. But for the reboot, they had to make a conscious effort to make things more simple. Now, the game is about the personal relationship between Kratos and his son. The Norse mythology is just a backdrop for that. I'm not a huge fan of this tbh since I want him to face all the gods but it is what it is.

10 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Like I said, in most of these games, the plot was just an excuse for Kratos to f**k sh*t up. Ascension was the game that delved the deepest into Kratos's nightmares and personal demons and that game failed because the bosses and fights weren't 'epic enough'.

Cory himself said during the GDC conference that before the reboot, the devs were always thinking about how to make the games bigger and more epic. That was always the core and main selling point of the series. The plot was always an afterthought. But for the reboot, they had to make a conscious effort to make things more simple. Now, the game is about the personal relationship between Kratos and his son. The Norse mythology is just a backdrop for that. I'm not a huge fan of this tbh since I want him to face all the gods but it is what it is.

The decision to focus on the story and relationships in 2018 GoW was deliberate. The team was bored of the old formula. They explicitly stated that most of them had families now - and that is a dynamic they wanted to explore going forward. I think the days of mindless Hack-n-Slash is pretty much done. They literally called the old Kratos "One-Note" and as you said - his daughter a gimmick. They wanted organic story growth for Kratos, and the team wanted to explore that. Heck, Barlog also said that he wants to write a game he knows - i.e. exploring the trials of fatherhood and all that jazz.

I really don't think simply going to different pantheons and getting rid of the various deities is what they want anymore. They want to go story based now. If the story calls for Atreus succeeding Kratos and Kratos dying - it will. If the story organically allows for Kratos going to other pantheons, it will. They are done with simple Hack-n-Slash Kratos I think.

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic