God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

6 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

People should enjoy the game, gameplay, characters, story etc and should not worry about such things. 

These are all interconnected and will affect the tone of the game and your experience with it. You can't just ignore certain things a character says and only value what you like or think is important.

Edited by Kumar123

4 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

These are all interconnected and will affect the tone of the game and your experience with it. You can't just ignore certain things a character says and only value what you like or think is important.

This would have 0 ramifications to the overall story/theme of the game. 

4 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

This would have 0 ramifications to the overall story/theme of the game. 

You can't be certain of that until you beat the game. Also, this could be a sign or a clue about the kind of writing in the game. One can only hope that they would keep the reflections of their agendas extremely subtle.

Edited by Kumar123

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's f**king hilarious when people get pissed about the artist's world view reflecting in their art. As if that's not the entire f**king point of it all.

There's a difference between that organically happening, like how Cory basically drew inspiration from his own life to come up with the concept of a Father and Son story for the reboot as he had become a new father himself around that time, and people forcing it into everything they work on, regardless of whether the story needs it or not, which is what a lot of writers in America, including the guy in the screenshot I linked above, seem to be doing these days.

Edited by Kumar123

I wonder if people think about 'organically', 'forced' whenever there ie abundance of unnecessary straight sex or relationships. It is f**king hilarious how people become so intelligent and worried about story/writing etc only when it is about diversity. No reason to justify status quo, bit writers need to present a thesis to justify any sort of diversity

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

There's a difference between that organically happening, like how Cory basically drew inspiration from his own life to come up with the concept of a Father and Son story for the reboot as he had become a new father himself around that time, and people forcing it into everything they work on, regardless of whether the story needs it or not, which is what a lot of writers in America, including the guy in the screenshot I linked above, seem to be doing these days.

I don't see how it can't be organic.

With Atreus now being a teenager and Parenting being a running theme in the reboot, I'd say it would be completely natural for homosexuality to come up in one of their conversations. It could be a nice character moment for Kratos even.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

With Atreus now being a teenager and Parenting being a running theme in the reboot, I'd say it would be completely natural for homosexuality to come up in one of their conversations. It could be a nice character moment for Kratos even.

Hey, don't you know that anything diverse is forced and woke. Shut up

Edited by Sach4life
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

I wonder if people think about 'organically', 'forced' whenever there ie abundance of unnecessary straight sex or relationships. It is f**king hilarious how people become so intelligent and worried about story/writing etc only when it is about diversity. No reason to justify status quo, bit writers need to present a thesis to justify any sort of diversity

Except people call out the inclusion of unnecessary straight relationships/sexual content in the media as well. Which is why movies/games these days have way less sexual content directed at heterosexual males compared to the previous decades.  

3 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Except people call out the inclusion of unnecessary straight relationships/sexual content in the media as well. Which is why movies/games these days have way less sexual content directed at heterosexual males compared to the previous decades.  

You are kidding, right?

4 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Nope. Haven't seen people praising movies for not forcing romance between the male and female leads because it wasn't realistic or necessary for the story?

Literally every piece of media that is out there has some sort of romantic angle (straight obviously). To what extent it is shown is another thing. Yes, people complain sometimes when things are over sexualized or when bollywood forces songs etc. in movies as they break the flow of the story. Those are totally different things. Here, you have started complaining about a mere mention of homosexuality in a normal dialogue between Kratos and his son. That is 2-3 lines amongst the hundreds/thousands which will be there in the game. You are still whining about woke, forced, organic, etc

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Look man, if you want a daddy simulator with Kratos being a sensitive father or whatever, more power to you. I personally don't even care about the character of Atreus that much and play these games so that I can have epic battles with gods from different mythologies as Kratos. So, naturally, I prefer the writers to care about what I care about. That's all. 

Edited by Kumar123

2 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Look man, if you want a daddy simulator with Kratos being a sensitive father or whatever, more power to you. I personally don't even care about the character of Atreus that much and play these games so that I can have epic battles with gods from different mythologies as Kratos. So, naturally, I prefer the writers to care about what I care about. That's all. 

Then ignore few lines which will be like 0.1% of the entire game and just move on instead of whining

• Like 1

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic