God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

3 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

all this anti woke stance based on a baseless rumour about a sub plot that likely isn’t even central to the plot of the game. 

just say you are homophobic and go ?

I would love to see how much he would have complained if Kratos had casually asked his son if he likes any girl or not while walking

Edited by Sach4life
  • Like 2

Just now, Sach4life said:

I would love to see how much he would have complained if Kratos had casually asked his son if he likes any girl or not during walking and all

not even this. 

what’s an uneducated take is for him to start clubbing homosexuals with pedophiles like there is some sort of a natural nexus between the two

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Just now, RV1709 said:

not even this. 

what’s an uneducated take is for him to start clubbing homosexuals with pedophiles like there is some sort of a natural nexus between the two

I oNlY cArE aBoUt KiLlInG MoNsTeRs

• Haha 2

Just now, Sach4life said:

Literally every piece of media that is out there has some sort of romantic angle (straight obviously). To what extent it is shown is another thing. Yes, people complain sometimes when things are over sexualized or when bollywood forces songs etc. in movies as they break the flow of the story. Those are totally different things. Here, you have started complaining about a mere mention of homosexuality in a normal dialogue between Kratos and his son. That is 2-3 lines amongst the hundreds/thousands which will be there in the game. You are still whining about woke, forced, organic, etc

> Literally every piece of media that is out there has some sort of romantic angle (straight obviously). To what extent it is shown is another thing.

Don't need to bring in every piece of media that ever existed since the discourse about these issues is a fairly recent phenomenon. And yes, in most media, the romances are heterosexual. That's because 90% of the world population are straight. So, it's only natural that the stories that are written for people's consumption will mostly feature heterosexual relationships.

> Yes, people complain sometimes when things are over sexualized or when bollywood forces songs etc. in movies as they break the flow of the story. Those are totally different things.

Not to me. People complain about romances and sexualizations that don't fit into certain movies because they find it unnecessary and even detrimental to their enjoyment of the films. And as someone who wants an epic action game with strong writing to facilitate that, I deem idea of Kratos talking about the dudes he f**ked being in the game, extremely unnecessary.

> Here, you have started complaining about a mere mention of homosexuality in a normal dialogue between Kratos and his son. That is 2-3 lines amongst the hundreds/thousands which will be there in the game. You are still whining about woke, forced, organic, etc

Nah, just worried if this is a sign of more lines and content like this in the game.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's funny how no one complains about the blatant sexualisation of women and gratuitous violence in the original trilogy but a character talking about homosexuality is crossing the line. 

"no one complains"

They were products of their time. When the reboot came out, a lot of people, including Cory f**king Barlog who worked on all the God of War games dissed the original trilogy for the reasons you just stated.

Edited by Kumar123

39 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

I personally don't even care about the character of Atreus that much and play these games so that I can have epic battles with gods from different mythologies as Kratos. 

Why do you care about what's organic and what's not when all you care about is KRATOS SMASH? I'm sure you'll still get plenty of that.

Sounds like that "organic" bullshit was you just making up an excuse to skirt around the real issue here.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Why do you care about what's organic and what's not when all you care about is KRATOS SMASH? I'm sure you'll still get plenty of that.

Sounds like that "organic" bullshit was you just making up an excuse to skirt around the real issue here.

Because good writing can make KRATOS SMASH an even more enjoyable experience.

8 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Because good writing can make KRATOS SMASH an even more enjoyable experience.

Writing's the best it's ever been since they decided to give Kratos some depth and showed sides to his character that one would otherwise not have seen. And it looks like they're taking that further in this game.

If a mere conversation about homosexuality (that's not even out of place) can affect your enjoyment so much, then I guess the games just aren't meant for the ultra-sensitive among us now.

• Like 2

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

It's not a 50 Yr old game. We're talking about a game which released about ten or so years back. There is nothing that fundamentally changed in society between then and now. 

Besides all that, even the previous game focused on humanising Kratos and taking him away from the Kratos Smash persona. 

If you don't like him being soft, the series just isn't for you anymore. Don't play it.

> There is nothing that fundamentally changed in society between then and now. 

That is simply not true.

> Besides all that, even the previous game focused on humanising Kratos and taking him away from the Kratos Smash persona. If you don't like him being soft, the series just isn't for you anymore. Don't play it.

I mean, that's what I usually do when it comes to games with too many 'woke' elements and is probably the sensible course of action. To just not play them. But with franchises like God of War or The Last of Us, I'm just too invested emotionally and in other ways to abandon them and forget the good times I had playing the earlier installments of those series.

I hope Kratos tells Atreus how he used to smash dudes and dudettes at the same time and that it's ok no matter what he likes, just to see some people get pissed :P

Also, if Atreus is 10% of 'Loki' from the mythology, I doubt he'd stop at humans :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

> There is nothing that fundamentally changed in society between then and now. 

That is simply not true.

> Besides all that, even the previous game focused on humanising Kratos and taking him away from the Kratos Smash persona. If you don't like him being soft, the series just isn't for you anymore. Don't play it.

I mean, that's what I usually do when it comes to games with too many 'woke' elements and is probably the sensible course of action. To just not play them. But with franchises like God of War or The Last of Us, I'm just too invested emotionally and in other ways to abandon them and forget the good times I had playing the earlier installments of those series.

interesting how you equate “woke” elements only with games that have LGBTQ representation. Woke as a concept is bigger than that.  

Edited by RV1709

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

I hope there's a sultry scene between Kratos and one of the Norse gods just to piss off the fking homophobes. If you know the Greek and Norse mythos you will know that these gods will f**k anyone with a hole. 

i can’t wait for Atreus to own his non binary-ness and aggressively correct Kratos when he’s called ‘boy’

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

What happened here 

kratos GIF

It's been taken care of, that person was sent into the shadow realm for sometime

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic