God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

15 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Started the game. 60fps feels silky smooth, but the cross-gen roots are very clear. The game would have looked way better had it been created exclusively for the PS5. 

7 minutes ago, Vamos said:

True. 

Visually it’s almost exactly like 2018 GoW, with added performance boost on PS5. 
Kinda surprised no reviews talked more about this. 

Agree but that game was already miles ahead than what a PS4 game should look like..

Done with 2 chapters and bunch of side quests.. Game has started to pick up now..

5 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Is anybody experiencing any bugs?

For me the Game skipped during some fight sequences, plus unsynchronised lip movement during the fight sequences and a few pop ins. 

:O None of these.. just had some frame drops during a mini boss fight 

14 minutes ago, Vamos said:

True. 

Visually it’s almost exactly like 2018 GoW, with added performance boost on PS5. 
Kinda surprised no reviews talked more about this. 

This is really disappointing man, was expecting to be blown away by gfx :cry:

2018 is excellent but this is PS5 

HFW looks miles better than HZD

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Mx2Games bluedart page has no update. I called mx2, they said disc picked up by courier from their side but will update on tracking page by 10.30pm tonight

Dude it takes a day for Bluedart to update (especially if it's booked via Shiprocket).   Depending on your city you should get it by tomorrow/day after . Nothing you can do now but wait .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

This is really disappointing man, was expecting to be blown away by gfx :cry:

2018 is excellent but this is PS5 

HFW looks miles better than HZD

The game is a visual spectacular already..  not sure what more eye sex you are expecting.. play it first on your own.. 

Character models and details are definitely improved.. the environment may look same as last game.. When you ge to see Freya please compare the character models.. how pale she was in last game and how detailed in this game.. applies to Atreus as well who is a grown up bouy...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

The game is a visual spectacular already..  not sure what more eye sex you are expecting.. play it first on your own.. 

Character models and details are definitely improved.. the environment may look same as last game.. When you ge to see Freya please compare the character models.. how pale she was in last game and how detailed in this game.. applies to Atreus as well who is a grown up bouy...

I think you guys are playing performance mode which is causing this 

I will be playing Quality mode at 30fps in my 1st playthrough which is where PS5 visuals shine the most usually 

1 minute ago, 0verlord said:

I will be playing Quality mode at 30fps in my 1st playthrough which is where PS5 visuals shine the most usually 

Quality mode will only increase resolution.. won't bump up other textures..

Quality mode is a Cancer in a game like this 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I am playing in Fidelity in 40 fps mode. 

9/10 people want to play in performance. So the developers clearly wanted the best performance modes for this game on PS5. 
Without it being crossgen, it would’ve been impossible to have a 120 fps mode on day 1. 

Also, when they are charging $60 on PS4, it’s expected to be polished on PS4 as well, so it’s obvious that it was built for PS4 and then enhanced for PS5’s hardware to take advantage. 

Edited by Vamos

Yeah, the game so far hasn't really blown me away with its visuals like the previous one did back in 2018.

I guess that's because of the expectations that come with a Sony first-party title on a next-gen console and specifically GoW at that. I can tell it still looks really f**king great and like skillup mentioned in his review, it looks better than at least 90% of the games out there. But it's still hard to see it objectively in such a way and to shake off that tinge of disappointment.

Also, I guess I need to play it more and wait for the larger, better looking locations. The initial hours are set in pretty confined areas.

The game itself is still really fun though.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Totally loving the game so far. They have carried over the fun dialogues of the 2 dwarves from the first game. Fun banter is always good in a game like this.

I think the game has better graphics than the first one. But maybe its just me as I'm playing this one on OLED while the 2018 one was on a samsung.

56 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Was the poster an exclusive of some sort? Or was everyone with a pre order going to get one? 

Everyone who pre ordered have got it from PPGC of if you were present at a midnight launch.. don't think GTS shipped them 

59 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, the game so far hasn't really blown me away with its visuals like the previous one did back in 2018.

My wife walks in and said “didn’t you already play this game?”

The first few hours are ditto like the first game, down to the same area and even similar plotline. Hopefully picks up when you leave.

The one improvement feels like in enemy variety and combat: even at normal, I’ve died a few times and have to  be alert of the surroundings. The boss battles are fun. 

4 hrs in and loving every minute of it. As for gfx, this is probably one of the best looking games this year. I’m on performance + HFR and it looks insane.

• Like 1