God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

Just now, Krazyniks said:

Mx2games has listed GOW Limited edition DS controller (imported) for 9.3k ?

https://mx2games.com/product/ps5-dualsense-wireless-controller-god-of-war-ragnarok-limited-edition-imported/

Will probably get an official release sooner or later

Everyone underwhelmed with the visuals, wait till you reach Asgard.

On a different note, I'm about 14 hours in now and the experience has only gotten better. I love the fact that this is not simply Kratos' story. All the other important side characters have pretty significant existences within the game and it's crafted so beautifully into the main story itself. Love it!

Also, the boss fights... :O :O motherofgod.gif

The 2018 game was pathetic when it came to the variety of boss fights, but this one... My, oh my! Truly mind-boggling... Have loved every boss fight, so far.

A couple of gripes that I have:

- I'm playing on 'Prefer Image Quality' with HFR 'on.' No way for me to check, but it's easily at 40+ FPS, for the most part. There are a handful of instances (mostly when strolling around at Sindri's House) where it has dropped to 30 FPS. A minor issue, especially for me, since FPS drops don't matter to me much.

- This second one is, I hate to say it, but it seems like a flaw in the combat design, IMO.

Hear me out here: In the 2018 game, there was a button to quickly turn around. This game doesn't have that. It's simply gone. And that results in some irritatingly pathetic combat sections, especially when against a horde of enemies. Also, before anyone thinks, it's not a 'git gud' situation, it simply is an unnecessary challenge that shouldn't have existed in the first place...

If there was an in-game counter to find out which direction has the 'killing blow' come from, the one that has killed my character, it'll be 'from behind' for me, for sure. It's frustratingly sad.

A solution that my mind can think of is to at least have the camera draw a bit out during combat... Would've made things miles better, I feel.

• Like 6

Good to know about the boss fights. They kind of missed the mark on it with the previous game. I watched the developer walkthrough where they said they got that feedback and decided to include more variety of boss fights for this game. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Good to know about the boss fights. They kind of missed the mark on it with the previous game. I watched the developer walkthrough where they said they got that feedback and decided to include more variety of boss fights for this game. 

It has nothing to do with feedback lol. The first game had a troubled development and things started coming together only way late, so they had to cut corners wherever they could. Even had to replace the boss fight with the giant bird in Hel with yet another troll fight because of budget reasons. The sequel doesn't have any of these problems.

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

If there was an in-game counter to find out which direction has the 'killing blow' come from, the one that has killed my character, it'll be 'from behind' for me, for sure. It's frustratingly sad.

A solution that my mind can think of is to at least have the camera draw a bit out during combat... Would've made things miles better, I feel.

This. I had to drop the difficulty from Give Me God of War to Give Me No mercy for this exact reason. The camera and attacks from behind specially when there are hordes is very annoying (not challenging). I had to constantly step back from the fight which I just hate. Oh well Give Me No Mercy is also a decent enough challenge so I'll stick to it. 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

The boss/mini-boss fights have been pretty awesome with a lot of variety when it comes to enemy attacks. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

By the way, how's the graphics comparison between the PS4 Pro and the PS5 guys? Heard that the visual improvements are minimal. Too early in the generation for me to get a PS5, so wondering if I should play the game on the Pro or wait till PS5 Slim/Pro comes out.

According to DF, PS4 and PS4 Pro are not missing out on anything significant from a visual quality perspective. 

Video here - 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

It has nothing to do with feedback lol. The first game had a troubled development and things started coming together only way late, so they had to cut corners wherever they could. Even had to replace the boss fight with the giant bird in Hel with yet another troll fight because of budget reasons. The sequel doesn't have any of these problems.

Source?