God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Playing this one on a base ps4. It continuously amazes me with the rock solid performance with the kind of visuals it is putting out. Except for one time it crashed. The console is whisper quiet too..dont know whether to be concerned about that or not. 

Nah, it's just optimized that well.

3 hours ago, b!T said:

That's surprising. I am playing on Pro and that thing switched to jet engine mode as soon as game boots up.

It might be pushing Pro to the limits unlike the PS4.

PS5 vs PS4

image.png

PS5 vs PS4 Pro

image.png

As you can see, the textures in the Pro version are similar in quality to the PS5 version while there is a significant downgrade in the base PS4 version.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

As you can see, the textures in the Pro version are similar in quality to the PS5 version while there is a significant downgrade in the base PS4 version.

Pro version have dull effect on textures. Can't say it's similar, still PS4 should sound like a speed boat. Maybe not in confined areas like in small rooms but outside and especially in combat. 

3 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Good TV shows are far above and beyond these tactics of storytelling. 

Yea a game's storytelling has significant effect on a person than just sitting and watching a show/movie.

28 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Pro version have dull effect on textures.

What do you mean? It's extremely difficult to spot the differences between the two at least when watching the comparison videos on youtube. Maybe they'll be more apparent if you do a real life comparison.

Can't say it's similar, still PS4 should sound like a speed boat. Maybe not in confined areas like in small rooms but outside and especially in combat.

The devs have said that them rewriting how loading works for the PS5 has also benefited the PS4 versions. That could be the reason why it runs better than the 2018 game, I guess.

Edited by Kumar123

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Finally, after everyone's grandma and grandpa and future children received it:

OdsIbrw.jpg

JYCRUkS.jpg

CwHT3nE.jpg

hphcJMS.jpg

pfhpsfP.jpg

Mjolnir details are excellent !

AnxxKe4.jpg

Late but best looking pics out of all 

do share super close-ups of individual items if you get free time 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea a game's storytelling has significant effect on a person than just sitting and watching a show/movie.

Agree, payback from story is higher in games compared to same level of story in shows/movies.

Even a simple well made twist can work wonders in games.

32 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Late but best looking pics out of all 

do share super close-ups of individual items if you get free time 

Thanks. Will try over Sunday. 

Plan to do a photoshoot of some CEs from my collection once I get a camera. :fear1:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Leviathan is special but there's nothing like Blades of Chaos. 

Troo troo...

Started the game and it feels awesome man. I don't want to rush on this because not sure when we are going to get the next one.

4 hours ago, b!T said:

Troo troo...

Started the game and it feels awesome man. I don't want to rush on this because not sure when we are going to get the next one.

I don't know as well. I think I'm not even half way through and I've already clocked 30+ hours. 

6 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

I don't know as well. I think I'm not even half way through and I've already clocked 30+ hours. 

The side missions are so good specially some of the boss fights, I am 20hrs in and with lots still left to do. Taking it slow. I think it’s easily 40hrs + game if one wants to complete all the missions. Platinum will be even more. 

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Are you playing in Give me God of War difficulty? 

But yeah, game is very lengthy even on normal difficultly. 
Almost 25 hours in, feels like there's still a lot more main quests to go. 

Took a day off from work today to complete the game. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Recommended watch after Story, 

The first one is :rofl:

For the last one mimir even aks Kratos once which is your favorite in one of the boat ride section. To which Kratos replies....

People who completed the game - during my 1st playthrough, would it be a good idea to only do main story and not touch any side quests? Because I played 1 side quest yesterday and didn’t like the distraction from the main story 

during my 2nd playthrough, I’ll be playing main story + all side quests, covering everything game has to offer and in gmgow mode

only doubt is whether any side quest ties heavily into the main story or not