God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

I need some help to setup appropriate graphics settings. 

I have PS5 and LG B5 65 inch.

Current PS5 settings:

Graphics mode: Prefer quality

HFR: enabled 

LG B2 settings:

VRR: On

Tone Mapping: HGiG

All other settings on default.

And yes, I've connected PS5 on HDMI 2.1 port :)

My question is, I find colors washed out and details not as good as they should be on a 4K display.

My last game on PS5 was Forbidden west, and I can say that its graphics looked very good compared to God of war.

I also played GOW 2018, but on a high end PC on max settings at 1440p, and I find Ragnarök on PS5 (4K) not as good as GoW 2018 on PC(1440p). 

Is there anything wrong with my console and TV settings?

Or is it supposed to happen because forbidden west may have spoiled me with it's good graphics quality?

Experts, please advice. 

26 minutes ago, nitin_g3 said:

Current PS5 settings:

LG B2 settings:

My question is, I find colors washed out and details not as good as they should be on a 4K display.

My last game on PS5 was Forbidden west, and I can say that its graphics looked very good compared to God of war.

I also played GOW 2018, but on a high end PC on max settings at 1440p, and I find Ragnarök on PS5 (4K) not as good as GoW 2018 on PC(1440p). 

Or is it supposed to happen because forbidden west may have spoiled me with it's good graphics quality?

Experts, please advice. 

Turn off HFR mode, as it forces HDR in YUV420 format. Looks a bit washed out. 

I play in performance mode with HFR turned off. 

Looks and runs perfectly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nitin_g3 said:

Current PS5 settings:

LG B2 settings:

Experts, please advice. 

HFW had excellent graphics, for an open world we cannot argue this year. It has spoiled me too, other games looks a bit underwhelming but i think GOW stands out on it's combat and story. HFW not so much. 

for your issue as @Vamossaid check after disabling hfr and notice if you see any changes. 

3 hours ago, b!T said:

People who completed chapter 6, please check :P

Reveal hidden contents

I am at the level where we go to Vanaheim with Freya. I am at level 3. Is that normal? or am I under leveled?

I've completed chapter 10 and I'm at lvl5 level up your gears to lvl4 atleast, you must be having enough supplies on you to do it. Else try doing some side missions. Gives decent supplies and gears. 

• Thanks 1

Best setup for post game super bosses is Surtr's Arm's & Waist with Steinbjorn chest piece along with 3 amulet enchantments 2 which regenerate your health and 1 which makes you invincible when your health gets low. You need 170 stat in vitality to equip those 3 amulet enchantments. Surtr's arms & waist has great skill and fantastic stats and also gives a huge boost to vitality once you upgrade it to max & Steinbjorn's chest piece upgraded fully gives huge boost to defence stat. You are basically invincible with this setup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Best setup for post game super bosses is Surtr's Arm's & Waist with Steinbjorn chest piece along with 3 amulet enchantments 2 which regenerate your health and 1 which makes you invincible when your health gets low. You need 170 stat in vitality to equip those 3 amulet enchantments. Surtr's arms & waist has great skill and fantastic stats and also gives a huge boost to vitality once you upgrade it to max & Steinbjorn's chest piece upgraded fully gives huge boost to defence stat. You are basically invincible with this setup.

Dayumm and I have been flaunting Dragon Scaled armor :P 

which are the 3 Amulets? 

Edited by Assassins Creed

3 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Why are you using runic attacks so late?

I usually avoid using them, rage I have to because of one misstep leads to your death in higher difficulty. 

Also, there are no cancel for runic attacks yet, if pressed the animation has to complete. In meantime if the enemies change position not get staggered by my runic attacks I'll have to sacrifice my huge chunk of health or ?☠️ just things you have to keep in mind on highest difficulty.

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

which one is this ?? @Parth Solanki

The attachment which you put on your shield, imo there are way better ronds you can attach. The parry windows are already reasonable in this game. No need for that especially in lower difficulties. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

That looks OP. I've found lúnda's armor fit for my playstyle tagged with Jötunheim amulets and other star amulets to increase my elemental attacks. I still have to find many more armours I hope to mix match. I found berserker waist armor today and it looks neat with decent stats. 

5 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

I usually avoid using them, rage I have to because of one misstep leads to your death in higher difficulty. 

Also, there are no cancel for runic attacks yet, if pressed the animation has to complete. In meantime if the enemies change position not get staggered by my runic attacks I'll have to sacrifice my huge chunk of health or ?☠️ just things you have to keep in mind on highest difficulty.

The attachment which you put on your shield, imo there are way better ronds you can attach. The parry windows are already reasonable in this game. No need for that especially in lower difficulties. 

That looks OP. I've found lúnda's armor fit for my playstyle tagged with Jötunheim amulets and other star amulets to increase my elemental attacks. I still have to find many more armours I hope to mix match. I found berserker waist armor today and it looks neat with decent stats. 

I wouldn’t recommend upgrading Berserker armor if playing on highest difficulty as it is suited more for high risk high reward playstyle. It’s better to have high defence while playing on highest difficulty.