God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

19 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Genuinely curious.... Whats wrong with the angrboda model? Don't follow the mythology too deeply. 

Everyone in the western mythology should be white. As a brown person I'll not stop caping for white people and anything else will be woke SJW sh*t.

/s

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

A quick Google search shows her mainly having blueish skin similar to how lord Krishna is represented who is also said to have darker skin but shown as blue in paintings. 

That's from Assassin's Creed Valhalla's design. It's not one static depiction you'd have of this character. People are attributing the race factor being set in the Scandinavian region around which this mythology is based and instantly get into the "Caucasian" mindset. The most important factor is that it's a myth and this honestly shouldn't matter especially when it's a video game and not some historical documentary. People are even mocking the Thor design because they have Marvel's Hemsworth's look imprinted in their brains and they can't come to terms with the character model shown in this one. :P 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

That's from Assassin's Creed Valhalla's design. It's not one static depiction you'd have of this character. People are attributing the race factor being set in the Scandinavian region around which this mythology is based and instantly get into the "Caucasian" mindset. The most important factor is that it's a myth and this honestly shouldn't matter especially when it's a video game and not some historical documentary. People are even mocking the Thor design because they have Marvel's Hemsworth's look imprinted in their brains and they can't come to terms with the character model shown in this one. :P 

Yes. Also MCU movies left a huge impression on us (not the comics and cartoons) and fans wanted to have the same faces in avengers and guardians games which is a financial nightmare so they wasn’t happy with what they designed of course

Just now, Mysteryman said:

Yes. Also MCU movies left a huge impression on us (not the comics and cartoons) and fans wanted to have the same faces in avengers and guardians games which is a financial nightmare so they wasn’t happy with what they designed of course

The Avengers thing was weird because they kept and costume designs from the movies but changed the faces. I like that here Thor looks completely different. 

1 minute ago, Mysteryman said:

Yep and that is where we need to separate ourselves from Marvel's universe and the mythological depiction. I mean look at Hades from God of War III and the one from Assassin's Creed Odyssey's DLC; they look nothing alike. Then again, I don't know how he was originally envisioned, so I didn't have any template for him. Similarly, seeing Zeus in God of War games and watching his version in live action movies was another change. It depends on what version you see first (and more frequently) and it doesn't take long for you to create a visual persona of that character. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Yep and that is where we need to separate ourselves from Marvel's universe and the mythological depiction. I mean look at Hades from God of War III and the one from Assassin's Creed Odyssey's DLC; they look nothing alike. Then again, I don't know how he was originally envisioned, so I didn't have any template for him. Similarly, seeing Zeus in God of War games and watching his version in live action movies was another change. It depends on what version you see first (and more frequently) and it doesn't take long for you to create a visual persona of that character. 

The only versions that matter 

Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Everyone in the western mythology should be white. As a brown person I'll not stop caping for white people and anything else will be woke SJW sh*t.

/s

This is a game where you have a 6'5' Greek demi-god dude who was as tan as a american black dude but now isn't because of his dead family's ash stuck to his whole body is now whiter than most whites, some how landing in magical Norse world and having a Boi with some sorceror Jotunn chick and said Boi will somehow become Lauki, bro of Thor thanks to some time travel f**kery i'm sure.

Also said magic mix angrboda chick is supposed to marry to boi and produce 1x giant wolf, 1x giant snake, and some godess who rules hel..

Also Kratos still can't jump, and people here worried that she's not some blonde blue eyed godess :rofl:

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

iirc long ago i remember one of the devs from GoW saying that they took creative liberty to make Kratos design not like how you'd typically expect "greek demigod hero" to be, and i think they've expanded that concept to hades and a bunch of the other ones also.

31 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

This is a game where you have a 6'5' Greek demi-god dude who was as tan as a american black dude but now isn't because of his dead family's ash stuck to his whole body is now whiter than most whites, some how landing in magical Norse world and having a Boi with some sorceror Jotunn chick and said Boi will somehow become Lauki, bro of Thor thanks to some time travel f**kery i'm sure.

Also said magic mix angrboda chick is supposed to marry to boi and produce 1x giant wolf, 1x giant snake, and some godess who rules hel..

Also Kratos still can't jump, and people here worried that she's not some blonde blue eyed godess :rofl:

I think it's more about the entire culture of forcing things for the sake pf cultural enrichment. Ideally people also should not get angry if they reveal that Kratos is gay.

35 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I think it's more about the entire culture of forcing things for the sake pf cultural enrichment. Ideally people also should not get angry if they reveal that Kratos is gay.

Atreus

His daughter( forgot her name )

Yeh sab kaise hua phir?

Anyway jokes apart i wonder who the Tyr guy is

We know that Loki and Atreus are/will be the same.

44 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I'll ask them to play other GOW games to confirm. 

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic