God of War: Ragnarök

NitroNeo

Well as I already said 

this set up would grant them another set of games based on the Egyptian universe with a younger Kratos as the lead 

Also his Greek look was a bit more apt for Egyptian setting rather than current 

After these set of games they probably would want to get rid of Kratos themselves as three-four more games are the max they can go with him anyway 

& about the Cory Barlog project ,it could be something entirely new or he could carry forward The Loki Saga in an entirely new design & IP …..leading up to death of Odin & Asgardians (right after Ragnarok while other team creates the Egyptian world in same tried & tested design)

Would be pretty interesting to see the actual Ragnarok from the hands of Loki & his many children instead of just imagining it after the death of Kratos & End of the series with his timeline 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Saw this in the trailer, I'm wondering what the deer thing( is it mythological ? like the squirrel is from norse mythology ) is that Boi is riding.

He had the little obnoxious squirrel, the wolves and those crows in the last game, quite an upgrade.

14 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Saw this in the trailer, I'm wondering what the deer thing( is it mythological ? like the squirrel is from norse mythology ) is that Boi is riding.

He had the little obnoxious squirrel, the wolves and those crows in the last game, quite an upgrade.

Considering it's Norse myth, it's probably a goat. But some mythological goat I think. 

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

It kinda feels weird to delay a game by a year just because of voice actor & mo cap. 

These things could be done quite late in development too 

I guess it was a mix of both Pandemic & Actor’s absence 

Mo cap is one of the most important things in the process. If they were aiming for 2021 release, Mo cap I think would have already been underway in 2019. Considering these games are like Cinema - Actors being absent is going to cause delays, like it or not. The entire animation of the game is based on the mo-cap. It's also the actor of Kratos on top of that. Game just cannot happen without him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AnK said:

It kinda feels weird to delay a game by a year just because of voice actor & mo cap. 

These things could be done quite late in development too 

I guess it was a mix of both Pandemic & Actor’s absence 

Not exactly. Most of the animations of a character is based on mocap. I remember watching behind the scenes for uncharted and I remember melee actions being mo-caped. 

But aren’t the mo caps used in story & cutscene sequences the most important & requires the actors 100%. 

Motions & actions technically could have been done with somebody else. 

But anyway ,the director & creative know best & I’m just layman assuming stuff.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

Not exactly. Most of the animations of a character is based on mocap. I remember watching behind the scenes for uncharted and I remember melee actions being mo-caped. 

Exactly!!

If it was only VA and game was not mo-capped, then VA could be set for absolute last (Like they used to do before). But Mo-capping a game is like acting on cinema. A game based on mo-cap just cannot keep it for last. It would not work at all IMO.

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Exactly!!

If it was only VA and game was not mo-capped, then VA could be set for absolute last (Like they used to do before). But Mo-capping a game is like acting on cinema. A game based on mo-cap just cannot keep it for last. It would not work at all IMO.

Yup, this is my understanding as well.

• AtheK pinned and unpinned this topic