Replacing PS4 HDD to SSD - Which SSD

puns

Any 2.5inch SSD (minimum 256GB) would work mate. I don't think Sony India would do it for you, they only give replacements and nothing else. Moreover, replacing the HDD of pro or base ps4 is a very simple process. Just watch any YouTube tutorial and do it yourself. I use SSDs too and got an external hard drive case to use the internal 1TB drive as an external HDD with the pro itself. 

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:44 PM, rAgHaV said:

Any 2.5inch SSD (minimum 256GB) would work mate. I don't think Sony India would do it for you, they only give replacements and nothing else. Moreover, replacing the HDD of pro or base ps4 is a very simple process. Just watch any YouTube tutorial and do it yourself. I use SSDs too and got an external hard drive case to use the internal 1TB drive as an external HDD with the pro itself. 

Is there any noticeable improvements in the game load screens with an SSD ?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 9:45 PM, Leon2021 said:

From the reviews ive seen in youtube links. There is a minute difference. Might have to do with the logic board of the ps4. As the above mentioned post any 2.5" ssd works. Samsung pro is better than evo. Hope this helps.

going by Digital Foundry's review the upgrade isn't that big of a deal. :(

• Like 1