Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

TODD HOWARD ON JOINING XBOX

I have had the pleasure of working with, and partnering with, many of the best gaming and tech companies in the world. But our longest, and closest partner during my career, has been Microsoft.

I have been incredibly blessed to spend my entire career at, and help build, one of the best places to make games in the world - Bethesda.

Like our original partnership, this one is about more than one system or one screen. We share a deep belief in the fundamental power of games, in their ability to connect, empower, and bring joy. And a belief we should bring that to everyone - regardless of who you are, where you live, or what you play on. Regardless of the screen size, the controller, or your ability to even use one.

It has been a lifetime. But there’s more to come and achievements to unlock together. We hope you join us.

ES6 could be exclusive wtf I'm still processing that.

Oh yeah, most def have to also get Xbox this gen. 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

MS really out here shaking the market before pre-orders go live. New Vegas 2! And on GP Day One. 

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

ES6 could be exclusive wtf I'm still processing that.

Oh yeah, most def have to also get Xbox this gen. 

The ones in development will release on all platforms and will be published by Bethesda. This is more about future games like Vegas 2, Dishonored 3 etc.

Just now, WR10 said:

So DeathLoop no longer a PS5 exclusive ?

Both deathloop and Tokyo ghostwire are still exclsuives unless stated otherwise. When sony acquired insomniac, their first game was Oculus exclsuvie despite sony having PSVR. 

Even Bethesda's press release says that their future game's will release everywhere and that they will still be the publishing them. 

Bethesda: Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield.

Machine Games: Wolfenstein.

Tango Gameworks: The Evil Within, Tokyo Ghostwire.

ID Software: Doom, Quake, Rage.

Arkane Studios: Prey, Deathloop, Dishonored.

Zenimax Online Studios: Elder Scrolls Online

This also includes Alpha Dog Studios, a smaller mobile-focused game studio and Roundhouse Studios which is a newly founded studio comprised of former developers of Human Head Studios (Prey (2006), Rune).

Imagine.... TES VI / Fallout 4 & NV2 / Starfield / Wolfenstein 3 / EW2 / DOOM 3 / Revive Quake / PREY 2 / Dishonored 3 :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The ones in development will release on all platforms and will be published by Bethesda. This is more about future games like Vegas 2, Dishonored 3 etc.

I see, the existing contract must be honoured......

Vegas 2 and Dishonoured 3 are big titles. But even so, the ones currently in development like ES6 will now be on GP day one then? That itself is a big factor, even if its not an exclusive? 

Can't MS do anything about it? I don't think they'd like the idea that they paid that much moolah and still have certain titles from basically their own studio now, on the rival console? 

I'm really liking where this is going haha.