Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

3 minutes ago, adity said:

Angoor khatte. Doom and Wolf are some of the best fps games of this gen. Doom for the balls to the wall action and Wolf for its badass story. 

:doh:

i m very happy with this. Monopoly is bad. But i dont have any interest in bethesda games nor time to game on 2 consoles. Last 2 years, i have only bought 4 games i think. 

2 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

You should checkout DOOM, Wolfenstein, PREY, Dishonored. Awesome games. 

Fallout and TES are better with mods and on PC anyway. 

Yup. They are very good but i m not intrigued by them. Mybe doom i will play if on ps plus which wont happen now :P

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

TES and fallout are too big an IP for MS to keep them exclusive. Just see what happened with minecraft. 

Minecraft is everywhere because nobody buys a console for minecraft, TES and Fallout is what hardcore gamers care about, no way they are releasing them on ps5 in the first year or two at least. Most sony fans can expect are Elder online or Fallout type games on ps5 which are made to generate constant cash through online play...

3 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Correct, but not everyone has a $1000 PC to run this decently, so they will buy an SS or SX

Make that $1,500-2000 for Indian PC gamers. I stepped out with that INR. 70,000 ka budget and got thullu.

3 hours ago, Animus said:

Woooo. Didn't think about New Vegas 2. Man that's a game I'll be excited about.

1 minute ago, AnK said:

With all this talk about PS5 & next gen of FO,ES,Doom,Dishonoured etc you guys are forgetting one very basic thing 

M$ doesn’t believe in Generations anymore & if they don’t Bathesda doesn’t either 

means as long as you buy Games Pass they will make these games available for you even on XBone & low end PC’s 

Say goodbye to true next generation Bathesda games :rofl:

Abhi todha ruk. Lols will come soon. 

Frankly, I don't see any reason why MS needs to keep exclusives (time-bound or otherwise). Releasing that library on GP Day 1 means that the consumer decides between spending USD 70 for PS5 version vs nothing. Anybody playing 6-7 multiplatform games a year would recover the cost of an XSX in that time. 

Doesn't seem like they want consumer to choose any particular console. They want them to buy both. 

3 minutes ago, HundredProofSam said:

I agree with him. Dishonored is probably the only Bethesda IP that I have played and enjoyed. Never tried Skyrim but heard great things.

Doom for me. For some reason every other Bethesda game gives me motion sickness within 30min. 

Why Microsoft acquired Bethesda (and why Bethesda sold)

Bethesda’s marquee video games have struggled in the back half of this console generation, beginning in 2016 with the underperforming Dishonored 2. In 2017, the company shipped the much-delayed Prey, along with The Evil Within 2, neither of which found massive commercial success. The online iteration of the Fallout series, Fallout 76, debuted in 2018 and is still trying to find its sea legs nearly two years into its existence. Video game publishers keep their sales numbers quiet barring tremendous success, so it’s tough to say how well Rage 2, Wolfenstein 2, or Wolfenstein: Youngblood performed, though the sales information that made it to the public wasn’t promising, to say the least.

The company has had the occasional success, like this year’s Doom Eternal, but some of Bethesda’s biggest releases have been ports and VR adaptations of the now 9-year-old Skyrim. Its biggest upcoming games — the very-long-in-development Starfield and the feverishly anticipated new Elder Scrolls game — don’t have release dates, and have been rumored to be years from completion.

So Microsoft may be in a better position to make this acquisition than was immediately obvious. It has a broader means of distribution, which could favor an increased scope of its internal projects. To put it another way: Smaller and medium-sized studios were ideal acquisition targets for Microsoft over the past couple of years as it focused on concluding the Xbox One era, but with Microsoft’s recent and dramatic expansion of storefronts and services, it may have the tools to financially support and distribute Bethesda games at its current scale.

polygon

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep 

they will play it safe 

Day1 on GamesPass vs $70 on PS

slowly & slowly when market share tide will turn 

only then they will release them as XBOX exclusive 

& also remove GamesPass too 

coz it never makes sense economically 

:doh:

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Doom for me. For some reason every other Bethesda game gives me motion sickness within 30min. 

Skyrim's motionsickness can be fixed by disabling weapon bob and increasing the fov to 90+ using mods I played using the above mods. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

And the best part about the Bethesda deal is regional pricing. Imagine paying 600 Rs instead of 6000 Rs for next Elder Scrolls/Fallout. Dream come true right there.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Thats not it

imagine paying 70$ on other consoles and 10-15$ on xbox ,so much money saved. :majesty: