Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

58 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

So ES and Fallout games - Bethesda games worth 3billion dollars alone. Rest of the price they paid for Zenimax and their other subsidiaries. :panic:

People underestimating Fallout and TES here. Not even counting DOOM and Wolfenstein. Bethesda got some of the best IPs of all time. If MS plays right, it will be amazing. 

TES and Fallout are still massive. 

4 minutes ago, Keano said:

wont happen, they will likely increase the price of GPU after selling the hardware this holidays.

Hilarious Hope thinks MS will drop GamePass. :lol: If anything GP is only going to get bigger and better. 

22 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Playstation owners still pay 4k :P

You're in a good spot. PS5+PC is a good combo.

I kinda want to put my money towards upgrading PC next year myself, but PC is gonna cost a lot more, as I have to change CPU+Mobo+RAM along with new GPU, plus the Forza experience is better with Xbox as per people here. So if I can't go down PC route, will put money into Series X

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

You're in a good spot. PS5+PC is a good combo.

I kinda want to put my money towards upgrading PC next year myself, but PC is gonna cost a lot more, as I have to change CPU+Mobo+RAM along with new GPU, plus the Forza experience is better with Xbox as per people here. So if I can't go down PC route, will put money into Series X

PC initial cost is high, yes, but lasts so long. My rig is running 10th year now. Nobody upgrades CPU/Mobo/RAM every year or 2. The gain is 1-5 fps at best. Only upgrade GPU if you want every 5-7 years. Good thing about PC is you can juice out every last drop. Change settings as you like and play.  

26 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Playstation owners still pay 4k :P

Will they :p

Hey new narrative now on Twitter by Ponies, from Xbox has no games to now Xbox is anti consumer or Xbox must release them on PS lol.

These same people were championing FF16 exclusivity. See all these acquisition is all good but im here for the salty tears :P

5 of 8 studios have shipped "Game of the Year" titles

#1 Ranked Publisher of the Year (2018)

"Game of the Year" winner 5 years in a row

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - RPG of the Year from IGN and others

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Consensus Game of the Year across all outlets

Fallout 3 - Consensus Game of the Year across all outlets

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Consensus Game of the Year ad Named Game of the Generation and #1 PC Game of All Time

Fallout 4 - Over 50 Game of the Year Awards including DICE and BAFTA

Dishonored - BAFTA Award for Best Game, Best Action Adventure Game at the VGAs

Dishonored 2 - PC Gamer Game of the Year, Best Action Adventure Game at the VGAs and Winner of more than 100 Best of 2016 awards

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus - Best Action Game, The Game Awards

DOOM (2016) - Best Action Game, The Game Awards

Fallout Shelter - Mobile Game of the Year, DICE Awards and Golden Joystick Awards

Elder Scrolls Online - MMO of the Year four consecutive years

The planned acquisition includes publishing offices and development studios spanning the globe with over 2,300 employees, including Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, id Software, ZeniMax Online Studios, Arkane, MachineGames, Tango Gameworks, Alpha Dog, and Roundhouse Studios. Bethesda's critically acclaimed and best-selling franchises include The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein, and Dishonored, among others.

Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media was founded in 1999 by Chairman and CEO Robert A. Altman; Bethesda's structure and leadership will remain in place.

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

PC initial cost is high, yes, but lasts so long. My rig is running 10th year now. Nobody upgrades CPU/Mobo/RAM every year or 2. The gain is 1-5 fps at best. Only upgrade GPU if you want every 5-7 years. Good thing about PC is you can juice out every last drop. Change settings as you like and play.  

Exactly, my rig will be 5 years old and it's still a solid piece of hardware. Lightning fast. Cost is the only cons in PC gaming, it's still par with the new xbox and ps5 exclude the SSD of ps5, Samsung,kingston,seagate and others should be on it by now and it will be available for sale in a year or two. 

Just now, Heaven Angel said:

Exactly, my rig will be 5 years old and it's still a solid piece of hardware. Lightning fast. Cost is the only cons in PC gaming, it's still par with the new xbox and ps5 exclude the SSD of ps5, Samsung,kingston,seagate and others should be on it by now and it will be available for sale in a year or two. 

GTX 1080 Ti still top tier and will beat consoles. :lol:

26 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But my current system will need major overhaul. I'm still on Skylake i5 and those blue DDR3 hyperx sticks lol. Sold my RX470 a good few years ago because I was not gonna get much playing time.

Almost a build from scratch frankly. Plus I don't have a gaming monitor, just a regular one. 

I am looking to getting back into PC gaming, just that I have too much backlog on PS4 and PS5 is priority. 

Will decide which route to go next year (b/w PC and Series X depending on how much cash left over)

42 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Hilarious Hope thinks MS will drop GamePass. :lol: If anything GP is only going to get bigger and better. 

Not just hope ,there are other too who still don’t understand . 

Everything they are doing revolves around gamepass and they think MS will drop it when they are ahead in the game  :ko:

Also They have steam , maybe Sony and nintendo to make those 60-70$ sales to. 

Jump To 15 million means they are adding 1 million a month which will continue to multiply even more quickly now.

5 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Not just hope ,there are other too who still don’t understand . 

Everything they are doing revolves around gamepass and they think MS will drop it when they are ahead in the game  :ko:

Also They have steam , maybe Sony and nintendo to make those 60-70$ sales to. 

Jump To 15 million means they are adding 1 million a month which will continue to multiply even more quickly now.

One day they going to put GP on PlayStation and watch ponies change their tune. :lol: