Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

People who rent stuff don't care about owning the product...else they wouldn't be renting. Be it movie or video game.

Game Pass offers full game and not demos. Interested person can drop $1 or 10 "day 1" and play the game. Has full month (or two) to finish which is way more than enough. Better than waiting for months to buy it during a sale. 

It is also not 1-2 games access. You have full library of games to play. Obviously it up to user to download and play what they like but you still have a catalogue of games. Unlike paying $10 just to own 1 game which you won't re-play it. 

People talk about saving money by buying PS4 disc and selling it after finishing the game. As if that isn't similar to paying for GP (while getting better deal) or buying during a sale later.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

People who rent stuff don't care about owning the product...else they wouldn't be renting. Be it movie or video game.

Game Pass offers full game and not demos. Interested person can drop $1 or 10 "day 1" and play the game. Has full month (or two) to finish which is way more than enough. Better than waiting for months to buy it during a sale. 

It is also not 1-2 games access. You have full library of games to play. Obviously it up to user to download and play what they like but you still have a catalogue of games. Unlike paying $10 just to own 1 game which you won't re-play it. 

People talk about saving money by buying PS4 disc and selling it after finishing the game. As if that isn't similar to paying for GP (while getting better deal) or buying during a sale later.... 

What about games that are huge/ multiplayer focused titles?

It makes more sense for casual gamers, who take months to finish one game, to actually own a particular game. XBP has been tailor made for streamers/hardcore gamers.

15 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

hehehehe! 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

What about games that are huge/ multiplayer focused titles?

Are you selling PS4 games that are huge/multiplayer focused titles? 

7 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

It makes more sense for casual gamers, who take months to finish one game, to actually own a particular game. XBP has been tailor made for streamers/hardcore gamers.

Majority are casual gamers... People buy longer subscription plan and forget about paying for a game for entire year. 

$120 a year full of games vs $120 for 2 games at launch... 

1 minute ago, Joe Cool said:

Are you selling PS4 games that are huge/multiplayer focused titles? 

Majority are casual gamers... People buy longer subscription plan and forget about paying for a game for entire year. 

$120 a year full of games vs $120 for 2 games at launch... 

I meant via subscription you might end up paying more than what a game generally costs, used. 

Also 120 dollars for the full year is the present price. We don't know what the future subscription fee will be. Many analysts have commented that the present (promo) price is not sustainable. 

Just now, radicaldude said:

Also 120 dollars for the full year is the present price. We don't know what the future subscription fee will be. Many analysts have commented that the present (promo) price is not sustainable. 

Future and analysts. Right. We will see when future arrives. 

Present day GamePass is fantastic and anyone says otherwise has never used it. 

• Like 1

Also I feel games on the XBP are kinda restricted to the studios owned by Microsoft.

Not at all. The games I have currently installed via GamePass 

unknown.png

3 MS titles (Minecraft Dungeons / Wasteland 3 / New Super Lucky's Tale). Rest are all 3rd party titles. One is yet to release but already on GP - DRAGON QUEST XI S Definitive Edition. Buying all these games will cost me more than a year of subscription cost and I won't be replaying those after finishing. 

More and more 3rd party titles are being added. Xbox has even bigger library compared to PC. 

Not at all. The games I have currently installed via GamePass 

unknown.png

3 MS titles (Minecraft Dungeons / Wasteland 3 / New Super Lucky's Tale). Rest are all 3rd party titles. One is yet to release but already on GP - DRAGON QUEST XI S Definitive Edition. Buying all these games will cost me more than a year of subscription cost and I won't be replaying those after finishing. 

More and more 3rd party titles are being added. Xbox has even bigger library compared to PC. 

What if someone wants to play ni no kuni. Or dishonored 2. But doesn't have time to binge play it. 

8 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Future and analysts. Right. We will see when future arrives. 

Present day GamePass is fantastic and anyone says otherwise has never used it. 

This!

The kind of mental gymnastics people do to convince themselves out of getting into GP is incredible :lol:

Atleast steam has regional pricing. And you own the game and thus can play whenever you want to. 

Games like the witcher, red dead redemption etc- you cant binge on such epic titles. Games with multiple endings, RPGs etc. Once they leave the pass, you'll have to buy them. Hence I deemed it as a paid service for "extended demos". 

Game pass should be based on hours instead of 1 month. Eg: 30 days contain 720 hours so Microsoft should count only the hours used to play gamepass. Otherwise it will be a waste of money RPG games like Skyrim and Fallout take 200 hours to complete so a casual gamer who got only 1 hour to play the game everyday will take about 7 months to complete i.e, means  $70 wasted to play one game. 

• Like 2

Just now, Engineer said:

Game pass should be based on hours instead of 1 month. Eg: 30 days contain 720 hours so Microsoft should count only the hours used to play gamepass. Otherwise it will be a waste of money RPG games like Skyrim and Fallout take 200 hours to complete so a casual gamer who got only 1 hour to play the game everyday will take about 7 months to complete i.e, means  $70 wasted to play one game. 

Agreed. But it's not commercially viable I think 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What if someone wants to play ni no kuni. Or dishonored 2. But doesn't have time to binge play it. 

Ni No Kuni isn't on GP. 

Dishonored takes 10-20 hours to beat. Are you saying someone doesn't have 10-20 hours a month to finish a game? Then buy the game. 

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Games like the witcher, red dead redemption etc- you cant binge on such epic titles. Games with multiple endings, RPGs etc. Hence I deemed it as a paid service for "extended demos". 

GTA V and RDR2 were on GP for 6 months each. More than enough to finish it if one is interested in first place. 

Once they leave the pass, you'll have to buy them.

Or can just sub for another year for "other games" while also playing their beloved RPG/EPIC titles... 

They recently increased the price for the PC version I think. Last week.

No they didn't. PC version was in BETA for a year. Price was originally $10. As a bonus they added EA Play to it which costs $5 otherwise.. 

2 minutes ago, Engineer said:

What a dumb logic. Are you playing 24/7? You are spending half of your life sleeping. 720 hours monthly while 360 hours spent sleeping. Other half spent working and stuff. The remaining time is what you have.

MS is charging $10 for 720 hours of playtime in a month. How you use is up to you. Not MS problem. 

Also, imagine wanting to play for 200+ hours but don't want to pay $60 for it. 

Some people. ?

• Like 1

Ni No Kuni isn't on GP. 

Dishonored takes 10-20 hours to beat. Are you saying someone doesn't have 10-20 hours a month to finish a game? Then buy the game. 

GTA V and RDR2 were on GP for 6 months each. More than enough to finish it if one is interested in first place. 

Or can just sub for another year for "other games" while also playing their beloved RPG/EPIC titles... 

No they didn't. PC version was in BETA for a year. Price was originally $10. As a bonus they added EA Play to it which costs $5 otherwise.. 

That's the thing. If someone is only into a specific genre, he/she is better off buying the game. If I like RPGs and fpses only, I am better placed buying the game(s) I want instead of paying for a service hoping that those games would turn up someday. 

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

That's the thing. If someone is only into a specific genre, he/she is better off buying the game. If I like RPGs and fpses only, I am better placed buying the game(s) I want instead of paying for a service hoping that those games would turn up someday. 

If you are into a specific genre, why would you care about GamePass or what GP/MS offers? :ko: Just buy what you want... 

The games I want from MS (Gears/Forza/Halo/All Bethesda titles/Lots of indie games/3rd party titles which I don't want buy, etc) are on GamePass. So am going to keep using it as long it benefits me. 

Am interested in Watch_Dogs Legion but am not going to pay full price for it. I'll just sub for UPLAY+ for a month to play and finish it. Same for EA games with EA Play Pro. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

If you are into a specific genre, why would you care about GamePass or what GP/MS offers? :ko: Just buy what you want... 

The games I want from MS (Gears/Forza/Halo/All Bethesda titles/Lots of indie games/3rd party titles which I don't want buy, etc) are on GamePass. So am going to keep using it as long it benefits me. 

Am interested in Watch_Dogs Legion but am not going to pay full price for it. I'll just sub for UPLAY+ for a month to play and finish it. Same for EA games with EA Play Pro. 

As I said, some might jump on the series s + gp hype train and might not use the service much. Bottom line- you are right, gp is not for everyone.