Microsoft acquires Bethesda Softworks

KnackChap

45 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

I think they should have just made a deal with bethesda to release games day one on gamepass for a billion instead of the 7.5 billion if they were planning to not have exclusives for their ecosystem. 

Good point, Unless Xbox plans completely fails this gen like Xbox one and PS5 end up selling 100m again, I dont see day and date release happening of any future first party games. Main purpose of deal to get people under your ecosystem and on PS5 there is no Game pass or anything which gives them any reason to port there so early in generation.

But i can definitely see release of selected Xbox games on next gen Nintendo consoles over PS5

@Dylan

Come on, I never called you a pony or Xbot lol...You neither pony or xbot, you are "beechka" gamer :hug:

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 2

TBh, this deal is actually good for gamers. There is no way MS would let Bethesda release buggy and shitty games like Fallout76 anymore. So hopefully we will get better and more polished games. Anyone having a PC+PS5 combo for next gen shouldn't be worried as all of those games will land on PC but if you just own a PS5 then you might be in some trouble. Not all of the games would be exclusives but MS would keep few big ones for XBOX/Windows platform.

28 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

FO76 has gotten a lot better since launch. Still not a good game but playable at least. 

Really hoping MS don't release buggy broken stuff and take post-launch time to fix.

They delayed Halo instead of fixing it post launch 

4 hours ago, adity said:

They would've launched it as is if everyone didn't throw a pissy fit about it. 

That pissy fit was absolutely valid.

I mean after all, Xbox does have 12 TF, PS5 is 'weaker' compared to that beast. If any game looks worse than any PS5 game then its a fail for MS and XBox.

42 minutes ago, adity said:

I'm not saying it wasn't valid. 

My point is multiple people including execs looked at that pathetic footage and deemed it good enough to showcase their new console. Shows how much they care about quality. 

Yeah, I agree.

Pulling the launch was the right thing to do, the XSX is definitely capable of more.

1 hour ago, adity said:

My point is multiple people including execs looked at that pathetic footage and deemed it good enough to showcase their new console. Shows how much they care about quality. 

They thought they were showing it to their furniture :fear:

1 hour ago, adity said:

I think it had more to do with the fact that they had nothing else to show. What does the Xbox have on launch? Nothing. All their praised games like Medium are 2022 and their most hyped games like Avowed are Date: TBD. Discount Halo and you have to completely rely only on 3rd parties, of which I think only Ubi is making some launch games (AC: Valhalla and Watch Dogs). They had to show something that people did not have to wait 2 years after purchase to play - and Halo was it.

This is what comes of ignoring gaming for so long. They had ample time to go acquire/develop studios. Instead, they are doing it at the very last minute - when consoles are due. Acquiring studios, integrating them to your culture and sorting out problems, then developing games - all of it takes time. Console launch cannot also be delayed - since otherwise Playstation will take away the gen by default (as happened during PS3/360 Gen) and it's difficult to stage a come-back. It's not like you can cram at the last minute like we used to do for school exams. They should have acquired Obsidian when it was taking money for small projects via Kickstarter for example, same with Ninja Theory and others.  Instead of wasting years of time on non-existent or failure (unable to manage projects) like Scalebound or Crackdown.